San Diego Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Professional and dedicated in providing a high level of behavioral education.
Behavioral Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 1, 2016
My day consist of reviewing behavioral referrals from various school sites, consulting with team members, creating or implementing behavior plans for students with IEP's (with special needs) Modeling and training site staff to independently service the behavioral needs of the students. Throughout the years I've learned about various visual supports and how to apply them to supporting the sites, proactive strategies and awareness of disabilities and how to service those who disabilities impact their social, educational and emotional growth. My team consist of a Behavioral Team Leader, myself and four para educators (Special Educations Behavioral Techs) which I supervise in implementing the behavioral plan. The hardest part of the day is when the focus becomes less than required to help the student and site staff have a successful experience. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the site staff implement the plan and the student responds to the extended support.
Pros
Team work works! (Good health benefits)
Cons
Not a paid twelve month employment.
Amazing
PARAeducator/ Special Education Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2016
One of the best jobs for anyone just starting out although it is at times stressful. This is not a job for anyone who dislikes kids and the stress that comes with dealing with them.
Pros
Full benefits, good lunch hour, flexible
Sdusd
Senior Systems Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2015
Great benefits, good pension, no discrimination, hot work environment during summer and fall. There is excellent job security and there is plenty of time off.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pension
Cons
no comment
lots of educational opportunities, great benefits
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2015
I totally enjoyed my time working. Lots of learning , teaching, and friends. There were many opportunities for expanding my teaching skills but sometimes not enough time to put them into practice. Paperwork was a big issue in the special education area but I became very adept at the computer by doing it. The best part of my teaching experience were the lifelong friends I made at the school where I taught for 20 years.
benefits
Cons
hard work
Friendly and fun work environment with the very best medical benefits
Health Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2015
Great co-workers! I really enjoy working with various children on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is having little kiddos in your health office that are not feeling well. It's a very demanding, but rewarding job. The benefits are amazing!
Pros
Great health care benefits!
Cons
I rarely take time for a lunch break, because I have sick kids in my office all day.
Excellent Benefits
Special Education Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2015
Great Job security and lots of vacation time. Get to spend a lot of time with my family and the hours are great, the only bad thing is that there is not enough full time positions, most positions are 30 hours a week.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Not enough full time positions
fun work place
Building Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2016
open up get ready for day every day is different solve problems,im apart of management we meet weekly and handle all issues,co-workers are fun to work with but we get the job done,hardest is rainy days most enjoyable is making people smile
Pros
working with a great group
Cons
would like to start earlier in the morning
Wonderful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
SDUSD is really a wonderful place to work, my co-workers are respectful but we have a lot of fun.The hours are fine for me allows me to pursue other interests
Pros
Free food
Cons
to many breaks like summer, spring and holidays
Enjoyed working with families and enrolling children into program
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 6, 2015
Good environment to work in
Good travel time for me
Beautiful location
Good co-workers
Very clean facility
Good benefits
Pros
Helping parents with enrolling children
Cons
Short breaks
Overall great organization to work for
Behavior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 29, 2012
A typical day would be consulting with district staff and students in an educational setting to assess the need for behavior support services; provide methodologies and strategies when necessary regarding behavior modification/management. My manager is awesome because you can kid with her but also get down to business when necessary. She is also very honest and straight forward. My co-workers are awesome as well. The hardest part about the job is dealing with personnel that are resistant to change and not working for the benefit of the students. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility, educational/collaborative/networking opportunities, and working with students.
Pros
amazing benefits and several opportunities to save for retirement!!!
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
I consider working with little kids a constant enjoyment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2015
I in my family am the most loved uncle and I played a large part in
my nieces and nephews lives as they have grown up. In this job I
can further put the same enjoyment that I did to my family members
in their growing up. This work enviornment has all the joys and excitement of reliving the moments of the past.
Pros
Observing and interacting with little ones learning about life
Cons
Can't think of any
Rewarding environment to work in
Child Development Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2013
My job assignment is to work with children and teacher to help them succeed in their education. My tasks are to observe the children for their yearly assessments, to keep the environment clean and safe and to follow state licensing regulations. Overall this job has taught me patience and the skills to help our young children problem solve and be self assured.
The hardest part of my job is knowing that it isn't stable. Every year we go through changes due to the budget cuts. However, the most enjoyable part is watching a child spell their name or count to 20 and seeing their proud faces.
Pros
get to play with kids
Cons
lost my full time and my benefits
Great work environment
PBX Operator / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The staff and it's clients are wonderful people. It has been a pleasure working with every individual that I have come in to contact with.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons
Productive day meeting all cleaning standards of the plant and keeping the school safe, clean and funtional
BUILDING SERVICES SUPERVISOR II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2013
A typical work day for me was to open up school site in preparation for business day. I would check the cleanliness of the campus as well as clean my areas.I also assisted teachers and staff members in ordering for their classroom other business needs. I enjoyed working around the children and keeping the campus safe, clean and sanitized. All the waw from the classroom , lunchroom, bathroom, and playground
Pros
great benefits, holidays and weekends off
Cons
must be able to lift 55lbs or more
Great benefits, assignment depends on the school
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2015
I worked for the district fro 20 years. Good administrators and co-workers. Can be difficult if transferred to many different schools.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Lunch Duty Aid (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
Working with children and ensuring their safety was a necessary challenge that not only benefited these children, I was able to take away conflict resolution and communication skills.
This is a place wrhere great minds in educaton meet.
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2015
it was an interesting and challenging place to work. It has many programs and educational services to serve a diverse educational population. The people are great to work with, very friendly and professional.
Gerneral Duties
Campus Security (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2014
On a daily basis the school security patrol the parking lots and school grounds. If there are any students breaking school policy we reprimand them. In the case of fights or violent outburst is required to restrain and wait for law officers. If there are any persons no belonging to the school on school grounds we are to ask them their business and enforce school policy.
Pros
interesting work day, decent salary, friendly staff
Cons
unreliable work schedule, short breaks, no healthcare
great place to work would recommend it to any student seeking to further himself or herself while studying.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2015
Worked on a Federal Grant for the Department of Education. Training Teachers. Worked scheduling conferences, preparing materials for teachers
Pros
Great team
Cons
Job securtity
Flexible with Reasonable Pay
Classified Substitute (Current Employee) –  VariousAugust 11, 2015
Working as a Classified Substitute, I was able to work at many different schools and learn how to work with many different students all with special needs or within child development classrooms. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to a new school everyday, but it gave me a lot of experience dealing with different people and travelling to different places.