San Diego Youth Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Positive Growth place
BILINGUAL FAMILY SUPPORT PARTNER/CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAOctober 9, 2017
The atmosphere is very positive and warm and there are many different departments in which you can be trained, work/grow and move on with wonderful experience.
very productive
Case Manger/ Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAOctober 3, 2017
If I wasn't answering phone calls creating appointments, I was facilitating school groups, managing personal families, creating new curriculum, assisting supervisor with administrative work.
Pros
flexibility, family work envirnment
Cons
no way to mve up
Great first/temporary job
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2017
This is a fun and educational position for a recent college graduate or intern but there is not room to move up and the day to day stays relatively the same over time so it is difficult to commit to the organization if looking to constantly learn and grow.
Best place I have ever worked at!
Family Advocate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2017
Loved to work here! Great coworkers and supervisors. Only left because husband got transfer but when we go back to San Diego I will definitely apply at this company again.
Helping children for a better tomorrow
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2015
I attend three different locations; Metro, East County and South County. I am usually placed with the younger crowd (ages 2-8). We begin by giving them pizza and juice. Afterwards we have play time in the playground. We also do a craft with the children. At the end, a movie is played and snacks are given so they can enjoy the rest of the night. Throughout the time there is a lot of interaction with these children. Some have disabilities and are placed with more one-on-one time than others. The staff and other volunteer people are amazing. I enjoy every minute I spend with these kids because of the bond I built with them. The hardest part would be the day I stop volunteering because of schedule reasons, because I have enjoyed getting to each of them.
Pros
Ability to gain experience and knowledge, working with children, free pizza, fun extra circular activity
Fun, professional and caring environment.
Resident Counselor in Youth Emergency Shelter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2014
Comassionate and professional environment with people who really care for homeless children.
Pros
People who really care for homeless children.
Cons
low wages
Amazing place to work. Surrounded with co- workers who are truly dedicated to helping at- risk youth within the community.
Youth Support Partner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2014
Internship
Family Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2013
I did my practicum for my masters with SDYS. During this time there was a huge management transition and we were without a Site Supervisor for 4 months. I am unable to speak on the overall quality of the work place now that it has a new supervisor. However, it was unorganized, I wasn’t given the training I was mandated to have, and they had me working with the foster children before I had clearance from my background check.
Very rewarding work
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2013
As a volunteer I do a lot of different things. Group facilitation is my favorite. I get to work with kids and do fun activities. I've also learned how to enter client data into the system. The case managers and program managers that I work with are very interesting and fun.
Committed to providing the best services!!!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2013
Everyone works really hard to get the job done. Hard work, but at the end of the day, very rewarding to be making an impact in the lives of youth in the community.