San Diego Zoo Global

San Diego Zoo Global Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work at, met all types of people from all different backgrounds.
Food Clerk/Cashier/Catering/Dishwasher (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: 3 free Zoo/Sea World tickets every month
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day at work consisted of Preping fresh food/produce and have it ready by our operating time.

I learned about food and health safety,how to handle large crowd of tourists that didnt really know how to speak english very well but a smile is the same in every language.

Learned how to manage my time wisely.

I overcame all the tasks i thought were to be hard after a few months of working there.

The most enjoyable part of working at the Zoo was taking a few of my Family members that Never visited :)
You'll enjoy your coworkers... that's about it
Ticket Seller (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off food, free tickets
although the zoo IS a conservation organization and does good for many many animals and plant life around the world, working there isn't something you'd plan on doing unless it's a summer job.

working there, I realized that it's only fun because of your coworkers. The hours are rare, your guaranteed 4 hours a day but only about 2 days out of the work week. And although they rarely schedule you any hours, they demand first priority. You have to get it approved if you want to get a second job and weekends and holidays belong to them.

the pay is good... during the summer and peak seasons. other than that the work environment is professional and casual at the same time and working there is a lot of fun, if you get along with everyone.
Great Organization to work for
Africa Tram Tour Guide/Driver (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2014
fun smart like minded people working for a great organization
Love working at the zoo!
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
Great place to work, although the pay is not the best, the people are great and so are the animals.
The schedule is flexible.
Lead Skyfari Operator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: healthcare, flexible schedule.
Cons: lack of hours, no room for advancement.
My job is ideal while you are in college because of the flexible schedule. I have learned to be able to deal with a large amount of people a day, and their various requests. My coworkers are probably the best part of my job. My job is physically difficult, and it is a stable job. However, there is no room for growth. I enjoy being outside and mobile, and all of the regular guests that come daily.
Productive and fun workplace, very educational
Merchandising Sales Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: fun, educational, great management and team.
Cons: it wa sonly a seasoal position, no room for advancement
I loved working at the zoo because there was great communication, management, atmosphere, and everything else you could think of. It was a very fun job where on your break you could go see polar bears while also getting along with everyone because everyone was so nice and the management was very active in the eployees.
fun place to work
Park Aide (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2012
worked through summer zoo and it was very crowded and very tiring.