San Dimas Community Hospital Employee Reviews

great place
Performance improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 15, 2016
small hospital and everyone knows each other, learned a lot and management is good. Very involved in the community and has a great volunteer department
Overall rating is four our of five stars. Pay is low.
Registered Nurse - Relief Charge RN (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 4, 2016
This facility staffs well trained, professional, kind nurses and treats everyone like a family member. The hardest part of the job is the commute. The most enjoyable part are my co-workers and how we all work together as a team and get along well in general.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Long commute for me.
Good place to get experience as new grad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San dimas caAugust 28, 2015
Started in ER and ICU as new grad. High turn over rate so I was "precepted" by another new grad that had 4 months experience. Very few resources and low paying facility. It's a small hospital which makes it very "family" like with your coworkers which is nice.
Cons
Low pay
high pace but no pay to compensate you for your hard work
Admitting /ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 9, 2015
Great place to work, but they need to compensate employees for their hard work.Everyone is a pleasure to work with and the company is very organized and goal oriented.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
terrible pay, for the type of high stress work
Work environment is comfortable.
Clinical Dietitian- per diem (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 24, 2013
Management is concerning to employees. Co-workers are friendly. There are always quite a lot to do. It is a demanding job. I learned to work with different levels and different personalities.
Pros
there is free lunch offer for dietary staff.
Cons
break is as usual- 30 minutes. a demanding job.
A great place for growth
ER Monitor Technician/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 9, 2014
With working in the emergency department, there is no such thing as a typical work day. There is always something new to learn and many new things to be encountered. Depending on the crew, the day may be hectic, but feel like a breeze while with other crews, you will feel every ounce of the chaos weighing down on you by the end of your work shift. The hardest part of this job is maintaining your cool in the midst of the chaos that is often unexpectedly encountered. Nonetheless, most of my coworkers make it enjoyable even on a bad day. Especially when we're working with a Dr. who's feeling generous that day and purchases lunch, Starbucks, or both for the crew! I've learned that patience is a key part to surviving in any work environment and even if a patient is driving you crazy with ridiculous demands from them or their family, you still treat them with the utmost respect whether it be reciprocated or not.
Awesome co-workers, felt like working with family
Registered nurse, Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAAugust 20, 2014
I worked at San Dimas Hospital for 10 years. Being a small community based hospital, I developed friendships with co-workers and patients. The hospital had a lot of repeat customers/patients. Being a small hospital, I advanced my nursing skills by having the opportunity to float to different units and help out anyway I could. The most enjoyable part of my job was the loving people I worked with and everyone working as a team. In 2009, a different company bought the hospital. A lot of upper management and directors were "let go". This new company hired their own employees to fill the upper management positions. How the hospital operated was changed also. Cut backs on nursing and ancillary units caused more stress in an already busy hospital. Many veteran employees found other jobs.
Pros
family-like atmosphere, positive patient clientele
Cons
cut backs leading to short staffing issues
I used to be the dietitian here...
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMay 19, 2013
The hospital is very quaint and nice making for a very comfortable and cozy work place. It was just remodeled not too long ago (a few years). Being the former RD here was great because you had a lot of input on how to do your work (this was with the prior director of nutrition services). The rough part is that you are the only RD on the floors, meaning it is hard on vacations or if you call in sick the work load falls back on yourself when you come back. The pay was definitely not the best (this could be different now). As far as charting, it is now computerized so this should be a plus. There is always room to move up in this company because it seems as though they are always losing some type of manager from one of their hospitals and always asking the RD's if they want the promotion. Overall, good place to start off your RD career but bad place to stay long term.
Pros
small hospital, cozy, friendly staff, computer charting
Cons
questionable management, bad pay, poor benefits, hard time to cover for vacation or sick time
Strong work ethic by senior management team
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAApril 24, 2012
Frequent conflict of interest between facility management and corporate office.
Pros
good and professional colleagues to work with
Cons
unpredictable future of facility
l traning for sterilizeing for specail roons that had very high risk of infections .
Operating Room/Floor technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 6, 2013
Very exciting and dynamic company on the cutting needs for patients that had knee and hip replacement .

Want to know more about San Dimas Community Hospital?

Ask a question
productive place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAMarch 9, 2015
pick up new orders,do iv rounds, prepare iv,enter oders, inventory medications ,put medication away,fill medication under pharmacist supervision
Great hospital and even better employees
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 24, 2014
SDCH has given me the opportunity to master my skills as a Radiologic Technologist. The staff is amazing to work with.
me encanta todos son muy amables y hay muy buen equipo de trabajo
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 25, 2016
De verían de subir el sueldo un poco mas...me gusta yo trabajo muy agusto, me encanta mi trabajo sólo ke todo sube y el sueldo no tengo 15 años trabajando aki y no puedo pasar de lo ke gano
Pros
Si tenemos aseguranza
Cons
sólo el sueldo muy bajo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Dimas Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6