San Francisco Aids Foundation Employee Reviews

Great
Our Love HIV testing program coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2017
working for them gave me many opportunities to grow and learn about different management styles. it was always a positive work place with great support
Eye opening position that gives perspective
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I specifically work for the needle exchange outreach program and its probably one of the best experience. Unfortunately, this position was an intern position I needed to still work a full-time job to pay bills. It really opened my perspective on the patient's experiences and life stories. I had the opportunity to work with the community as well provide with the resources that they did not know was available.
Productive and fun environment.
Volunteer/OA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2016
My responsibilities were administrative. I worked on the 8 hotline I type correspondence for some of the staff members. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Our office is located right in the middle of downtown San Francisco therefore it was easy to get to on public transportation.
Pros
Schedule my own hours
Cons
Because it was voluntary I did not get paid.
Horrible Leadership
Service Lobby Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Line staff and middle management do incredible work. To bad upper leadership is difficult to work with making it hard for people to do their work and taking all the credit.
Pros
benefits
Cons
leasdership staff
Productive place to work with community
Program Manager/Therapist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2014
I am busy from start to finish. We work with very vulnerable and marginalized communities.
Harm Reduction Knowledge
Intern and Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2014
At the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, I was trained in harm reduction techniques. I learned to administer various supplies at different needle exchange sites throughout San Francisco.
Sfaf
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2014
San Francisco AIDS Foundation is guided by a strategic plan with three ambitious goals aimed at radically reducing new infections in San Francisco in 2015.

Goal 1: Reduce new HIV infections in San Francisco by 50%
New HIV infection rates have remained frustratingly stable for more than a decade, at about 55,000 in the U.S., 7,000 in California, and 1,000 in San Francisco. We seek to radically reduce new infections, and we can not do it alone. We must collaborate within and beyond our community, with partners in research, clinical and public health, with local, state and federal governments, and with donors, volunteers and other stakeholders. Together, we will expand HIV testing and pursue new frontiers in prevention. Leveraging scientific research and community knowledge we will devise new approaches and ensure that federal, state and local legislation supports a climate hospitable to effective HIV prevention.

Goal 2: Ensure all San Franciscans know their current HIV status
Accurate knowledge of HIV status is critical to individual and community health. Even in San Francisco, nearly one in five (18 percent) people with HIV are unaware of their status. Not knowing one’s HIV status leads to missed opportunities for HIV prevention and care. For infection rates to decrease, status awareness must increase. HIV testing and screening must become part of routine healthcare and a topic of frank, honest discussions free from stigma and judgment. We are expanding advocacy and public education about the benefits of testing, determining the feasibility of citywide HIV screening,
  more... and optimizing our own and others’ capacity to provide HIV testing.

Goal 3: Ensure access to proper care for all HIV-positive San Franciscans
The line between HIV prevention and care has blurred. Emerging scientific research tells us that proper treatment and care for HIV-positive individuals isn’t just the right thing to do, it may also be an important prevention strategy. That’s because effective HIV care can improve long-term health and wellness while simultaneously reducing the likelihood of further transmission through the use of antiretroviral treatment and behavioral change. The foundation is determined to eliminate institutional and political obstacles to access to treatment and care. As the epidemic evolves, we are evolving our targeted programs to improve the health of people with HIV and AIDS, from housing and medical referrals to group support and services that address mental health and substance use among populations most vulnerable to HIV.
I really enjoyed being in this work enviornment everyone just made me feel so welcomed
Intern receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2012
I was the receptionist. My duties were to answer the phone screen and direct calls to the correct departments. I also did the mail and helped with other important projects