San Francisco Chronicle

San Francisco Chronicle Employer Reviews

Friendly Management
Carrier Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 6, 2014
Daily responsibility is deliver newspaper, ranging anywhere from 10 to a few hundred. It's a 7 days per week job that started around 3 to 4 in the morning. I learned to follow and remember direction well just based off paper navigation. The hardest part of the job was to look for house addresses that are faded because it is very dark during early morning. – more... What i enjoy is the freedom to work without being supervise and being on the road listening to my favorite songs while making people' morning a bit brighter. – less
A Sinking Ship
Advertising Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: where do i begin?
Management has a "plan". They don't.

This place is stuck in the 1980's. Everyone builds a walled garden and sticks to it. People are not eager to learn new ways of doing things. Poor Performers are not held accountable for their performance. Sales Management is willing to look everywhere but at themselves.
owner / welder (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2014
Cons: good money
I owned my own company working on Naval ships welder clean and fix naval ships
Provides a challenging professional experience while navigated the evolving media landscape
Operations & Production Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 9, 2013
Working at The Chronicle has proven to be an invaluable experience that requires its employees to adapt and grow as the media industry evolves to meet the needs of it customers and advertisers.
Mailer Insert Operator
Mailer Insert Operator (Former Employee), Union City, CAOctober 4, 2013
Following directions and instructions provided by the production supervisor on all production releases. Pulled pallets of insert materials from receiving using various Big Joe manual and motorized pallet trucks. Checked for proper guide set-ups and proper alignment of insert materials. Removed paper jams and notified production supervisor and service – more... technician of mechanical service required or machine malfunctions. Maintained an organized, safe and clean work area. – less
Very Productive, Fun work place. Outstanding employees
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vallejo, CASeptember 30, 2013
I loved this work place, it was thee best and most fun place to work in and the people that worked there are fantastic and so positive loved this place I would enjoy working there.
A good place to work at
Independently contracted Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brisbane, CAJune 23, 2013
I learn how to delegate people and how to deal with a lot of product and place them accordingly. Since I'm part of the management team, I can work at my own pace and more independently. Its a great job if your looking for a second place to work at and it is an everyday job.
delivering newspapers in the Bay Area.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJuly 5, 2012
I won't be providing any insightful information in this way, but I will say that this was a decent job. On the downside, however, the owners of the contract that I worked under ultimately didn't care what happened to their sub-contractors so long as they got paid their share.
Nice and pleasant company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2012
Enjoyed working in the newspaper industry, and was able to move around in the company to different departments and it was an excellent learning experience.

About San Francisco Chronicle

The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper in Northern California and the second largest on the West Coast, with a daily – Read more