San Francisco Health Plan Employee Reviews in United States

A day at sfhp
ITS Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working at SFHP. Everyone is really friendly and the culture is very diverse. People who are here are passionate at what they do. They strive on growth and development here. If there's something new you want to do to building on your professional experience, the company is willing to assist you on this.
Financially driven Medicaid health plan
health services department (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2015
Small organization serving the poor of San Francisco. Management is paradoxically very money oriented. No opportunity for advancement. Turn over is in the 20%. Prob. bottom 20% of Medicaid health plans in California.
Pros
located in heart of financial district (no surprise there)
Cons
management that doesn't know anything about management
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great CEO, company mission, location, and benefits

Cons: Lack of employee appreciation, low company morale due to elimination of holiday and other special company events due to public funds scrutiny.
Great company to work for
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2015
Great company to work for
Great people
Management turn over rate is high
Job stability is base on government funding
Provide good training for his employees
Lots of opportunity for employees
Collaborative Environment
Practice Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2015
The organization's work environment allows for collaboration between many departments. Colleagues are very professional, mission-driven, and great company in general. There is a sense of family within the organization.
every day was a productive day
Member Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2013
my regular day at work will be right on time , been friendly with employees, whe is resdy for the customer , friendly helpful. and do my job the best i posible can ...also have fun with co workers and management. my work is very clean like to do things perfect...
Pros
no free luches
Cons
very short breaks
SF Health Plan
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2013
Initially we would obtain a patient list from the coordinators before arriving at the hospital. We counted the number of paper charts avail and determined what was missing. If we reviewed electronic records we kept track of what was missing for further discussion. When in the office, we reviewed the data we abstracted and entered the data into two tracking program -Sharepoint. We also reviewed electronic records from the Public Health Dept and entered our core measure data into Sharepoint. My core measures included HTN and Prenatal -Postpartum. I checked my e-mails, however, I spent more of my time abstracting and entering data. My fellow abstractors were supportive and both nurses. The Management team was not supportive and unprofessional at times. I enjoyed working in downtown San Francisco and visiting the major hospitals and clinics in SF. The hardest part of the job with coping with the disorganization of the project and determining what was expected for core measure abstraction.
Pros
opportunity to utlizie various electronic records systems and enjoyed my fellow abstractors
Cons
management was unbearable at times
Production Support Specialist
Production Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2014
A typical day involved completing the scheduled tasks from the production runbook I was tasked with maintaining as well as triaging and closing bug tracking tickets. There were around 70 daily, weekly, and monthly tasks many of which were interdependent and time sensitive. This could consume anywhere from a third to three quarters of my day depending on which tasks were scheduled. Remaining time was allocated for meetings regarding ongoing projects, fixing, updating, and optimizing of processes for scheduled tasks, as well as fielding reporting and ad hoc data analysis queries from various departments within the organization. I obtained a broader knowledge of SQL concepts working with an enrollment population of 60,000 members as well valuable knowledge in excel for identifying duplicate records as well. Most of all, I learned how to manage my time and allocate blocks for specific tasks in order to complete a rather staggering workload. The most challenging aspect of the position was managing the sheer volume of work while constantly receiving new requests. The most satisfying aspect was completing a new report, or correcting an error in the database that restored a member's eligibility, thus allowing them to receive services.
Pros
generous pto and well located in soma
Cons
extreme diversity of tasks that required a constant shifting of focus