San Francisco International Airport Employee Reviews

Friendly and Interesting work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2017
Amazing feeling and vibes from the moment you enter the work terminal.

All kinds of people and backgrounds.
Never a boring day.

Always something new to learn and explore.

Satisfying customer service experiences.
Pros
Experience of seeing and viewing planes and how terminals operate.
Cons
Very cut-throat on time. Punctual.
Stressful
Senior Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2017
Fun place because of environment as fast pace.However management is very arrogant and out of touch with staff, They are selfish and arrogant. There is a disconnect between blue collar workers and upper management.
Pros
Activity driven environment
Cons
Manager culture is a strange, in that they beleive in physifif
Production
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2017
This location provided great insight into the management world and opened many doors for me. I learned the basics while on the job and continued to grow from there on out.
Fast paced friendly work environment
Lark creek Grill (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2017
Chaotic at the beginning of the shift but as the day goes on your team helps you where you lack and management is helpful as well especially on a busy Thursday night or Sunday night. The workplace culture is fun and welcoming to all cultures and ethnicities. The hardest part of the job is being consistent and the pressure of the volume when we reach capacity to have quality food with perfect presentation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the down time to get to know your co workers on a personal level and culinary level.
Pros
Free lunches and discounted items at partnering restaurant
Cons
Running out of food after we reach capacity and customers get angry.
workplace
Sunglasshut -Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94128October 3, 2017
very fun and fast paced environment to work. most enjoyable was meeting new people throughout the world. the hardest part was the commute to work from taking shuttle everyday
Innovative Place to Work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  676 North McDonnell RdSeptember 11, 2017
There was never a dull moment at work from the daily activities for employees to the dynamic mixture of culture. There was enough work to be busy even on the slowest days.
You can upgrade yourself everyday in here
All Nippon Airway-Customer Service Representatives (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2017
Everyday is full of challenges, You will learn and gain experience and willing to success in the futuer. You need to well know of your company, working position and willing to do your best. Enjoy what your are doing and get over all the challenges that come to your every day. Good luck.
Very Interesting
Security (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2017
It is an interesting place to work at. I do enjoy the fact that I get to assist customers in their travel experience, even if it's behind the scenes.
Like work with fun people make my day .
Office lead (Current Employee) –  585 McDonald blvd San FranciscoNovember 12, 2016
It's so easy to get work with workers with good and fun work together ,so communication and work safe ,i like deal with customers and work airport inconvenient place.
Pros
10 minute break
Cons
30 minutes lunch
Okay
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2016
The airport is a great place to expand and grow. You can create many networks with all the different people and companies you meet. Many events are also planned at the airport
Connecting place with tecnical aviation experience related.
Fueler (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
Nice place to get a part time job. It connects you to another perspectives about airport industry and aviation, so yo can get a better general understanding about technical operations etc. Good co workers, and the experience of enjoy live weather .
Pros
Good long brakes.
Cons
Too much labor.
good job
Baggage Handler--- Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2015
I really liked working for the company . The people there were really nice to me. They kept me busy with work . they even brought us breakfast some time. I had to deal with a lot of angry customers but it was always a good pleasure to help solve there problems.
Great Job for young adults.
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2015
Vacuums aircraft floors, mops galleys and cleans tray tables
Cleans aircraft lavatories and empties aircraft waste receptacles
Stocks cabin service supplies.
Maintains cabin service supply room.
Pros
A lot of down time
Terrible management
DEBT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2015
The Airport would be a great place except for incompetent senior management who are all about power and their own prestige to the detriment of those who work for them.
Great work environment
Senior Inspector on Runway Safety Area (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2015
The people with the Design and Construction group are a great group to work with. They enjoy their jobs and have fun doing them. This is much the same I experienced at SJO. The Airport is very much a team oriented organization.
Great place to work for Aviation Enthusiasts
Aviation Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2014
SFO is a great airport to work for with good pay and benefits. It is a very busy airport and as such there is a lot of opportunity for advancement compared to other airports.
Pros
friendly people, pay, benefits, interesting work, advancement
Cons
24/7 operation, hard to gain seniority in entry level positions
Very up temple
Airport Screener (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2013
Very up temple pace...working redline from start to finish
deal with everyday travelers
Transportation Screening Officer(TSA) (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 31, 2013
protect check point, process 5000 passengers a day per security check point.
Cons
pay for parking, management needs overhaul
Great pay
Automotive technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2013
A typical day at work was beginning the day by driving to the airport and setting up the work stations .After the set up we will have oil trough out the day .With occasionally brakes in between.
Typical day at work
Passenger Service Agent Lufthansa German Airline (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMay 19, 2013
I believe there is no such thing as typical as for working in the airport. Every day is a new adventure. Working in the international side gives me a better learning and understanding about people from all over the world. From the different language and culture as well as body language. I have learn to become more aware of my surrounding when it comes to being careful with security and being proactive on what is going on around me. Working alone when I am meeting the flights as well as working with my collegues at the gate is regarding when we see the flight leave on time. I am also proud on having to work with one of the biggest aircraft and as the day goes by I learn and improve my skills.
Pros
fun and fast pace working environment
Cons
Long hours and unpredictable delays at tines