San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency

San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Employer Reviews

Serious accountability and management issues
Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: poor management, zero accountability, terrible culture, no incentive to work hard
Agency is trying to move in the right direction but still faces serious management and accountability issues. There is little effective supervision, almost zero communication between divisions, and no centralized information resources. Implementing any form of change or improvement is near-impossible as there is very little incentive for increased efficiency – more... or change. Many employees are non-responsive to emails due to lack of accountability even when crucial deadlines are approaching.

Good work-life balance, flexible schedule, free Muni rides. – less
Environment
Contracts and Procurements (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: training and pay
Cons: long commute to wor
Great work environment. Management allows you to do your job. Stressfree
Productive and great place to learn and advance
Student Design Trainee/Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
While working for SFMTA as an intern, I was exposed to the construction management. During my time there I learned about San Francisco City codes and Rail Road construction for the trolleys. Everyday there was something new to learn and it was always engaging.
A workplace that is constantly on the go!
Principal Account Clerk (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2013
A typical day at work is hectic! I learn about the effectiveness of positive interactions and how rewarding it can be. Work is that much easier when people understand each other and are aware of expectations. I find that work/life balance is very good here. Working overtime or weekends is not usually required. Co-workers are a healthy mix of cultures – more... which in my opinion enhances the work environment. – less