San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Job and Life Security
Transportation Engineer & Planner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2015
I can't say enough good things about this position. Not only do I get to make a difference in people's lives, but the benefits I receive from this position is unbeatable even with the likes of Google such as $5/month healthcare and a pension plan.

On a daily basis I design traffic signals throughout the City of San Francisco, but this agency has allowed me to work on exciting projects that I was not hired for. I have had the privilege of having my idea of induction charging for buses get recognized by the director of transportation and we are now discussing pilot programs to implement it.

I get to be involved in making the world a better place in the transportation field.
Pros
pension and almost free healthcare, dental, and vision plans. do not work more than 40 hours a week.
Serious accountability and management issues
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2014
Agency is trying to move in the right direction but still faces serious management and accountability issues. There is little effective supervision, almost zero communication between divisions, and no centralized information resources. Implementing any form of change or improvement is near-impossible as there is very little incentive for increased efficiency or change. Many employees are non-responsive to emails due to lack of accountability even when crucial deadlines are approaching.

Good work-life balance, flexible schedule, free Muni rides.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
poor management, zero accountability, terrible culture, no incentive to work hard
Environment
Contracts and Procurements (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2014
Great work environment. Management allows you to do your job. Stressfree
Pros
training and pay
Cons
long commute to wor
Productive and great place to learn and advance
Student Design Trainee/Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2013
While working for SFMTA as an intern, I was exposed to the construction management. During my time there I learned about San Francisco City codes and Rail Road construction for the trolleys. Everyday there was something new to learn and it was always engaging.
Pros
great pay and benefits
A workplace that is constantly on the go!
Principal Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2013
A typical day at work is hectic! I learn about the effectiveness of positive interactions and how rewarding it can be. Work is that much easier when people understand each other and are aware of expectations. I find that work/life balance is very good here. Working overtime or weekends is not usually required. Co-workers are a healthy mix of cultures which in my opinion enhances the work environment.

4.5