San Francisco State University

San Francisco State University Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2015
Working for SFSU has is tradeoffs. Good job security, great benefits. Low pay. Really bureaucratic culture that is extremely frustrating to work in.
Student Researcher
Researcher (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2015
Executing experiments involving the protein dimer, styrene monooxygenase. Studies included designing and performing kinetic activity assays, protein assays, cell culturing and growth, using statistical and graphing software to evaluate data, conducting experiments as an individual and as a team, and using molecular modeling software to assess the structure of target protein, identification of interacting residues and active site mechanisms.
My experience at SFSU was overall a great experience that I feel everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy!!!!
I was a student at SFSU (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Programs to assist me in attainig my goals.
Cons: Finacial assistance!!!!
Learned a great deal about laws and the history of laws in the United States. The majority of my professors were tremendously helpful in advancing my understanding of the various institutions and their functions in society
Productive and fun place to work
Tutor Meisters (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2015
The people are friendly and helpful. Everyone works as a community and makes sure we can be as productive and helpful as possible.
Exhibition Design
Exhibition Designer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2015
Typical day includes handling and installing artwork, promotion through fliers, signage and correspondence with sponsors and attendees.
Good colleagues great students.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: close to plenty of food shops, track and gym
Cons: close to plenty of food shops
Department chair is more than helpful with any inquiries be it academic or faculty based. Co-workers are peers and thus always good to be around. Dedicated offices for office hours and students approach you for any type of problems and often are more intuitive than they think they are.

Overall great faculty environment. Monthly potluck and office parties for every holiday.
A great and fun loving experience
Tutor Meisters (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: i love teaching and i love the subject of mathematics.
Cons: it's not a continuous and everyday job.
-A typical day at Tutor Meisters always brings something new. I get to meet new people and reconnect with others. I get to help them with math problems and I really enjoy doing that because I have taken that course before and I understand where they are coming from. Most times I can completely relate because I was once stuck on the same thing and I found a different way to solve it so it's always nice to share that with my students.
-My co-workers are awesome and my co-manager is so understanding and motivating. Even during months when we do not get many students, he doesn't give up hope and he always pushes our colleagues and myself.
-The hardest part of my job is usually when I cannot solve a problem right off the bat and when I have my last lesson with my students and I have to stay good bye.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is when my students tell me how well they did in the course or on a particular test/quiz that I helped them with. Another enjoyable part is when they tell me how helpful my tutoring strategies and tips have been for them.
co-worked
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2015
sfsu is great university and work condition. I worked in Biochemistry Lab more than one year, everyone was very nice and was willing to help and teach me. I learned a lot from them.
productive and fun work place
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2014
productive and fun work place - great people and I have learned a lot from them.
this was one of the position that I will always remember and use the experience and whatever I learned from there.
my co workers were great - we were always there for each other we worked together us a group everyone shared there knowledge and no one said I know more than you or I cant help you.
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant - Business Lab (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2014
a lot of works but very fun and great. mostly administrative works
Understood how hard Professors work for our education.
U.S. Health Care Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2014
Learned to conduct class and help fellow students with the activities.
Athletic work study
San Francisco State Athletic Department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: not having set hours
Cons: leaving the campus
I basically did a lot of work study type of things for the athletic department to get hours in. I got to see the history of athletes who played whichever sport at SFSU before my time which was really cool. I filed all their paper work and team photos in organized areas for the department to start saving electronically. I also would attend volleyball, soccer, and track meets to help set up or take stats of games.
I was able to work and attend classes efficiently
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2014
It's a nice place. you can work and be able to stay on top of your studies. They are flexible with your schedule.
Tutoring four Hearing students at S.F. State
Sign Language Tutor (Former Employee), CASeptember 18, 2014
I have tutored four Hearing students at S.F. State. I was ASL tutor. I was S.F. State student.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Computer Lab Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2014
As for this job, I assisted students with computer issues in the computer lab, and sometimes, I needed to help with file works.

This job made me know more about how to provide good service to others, and how to organize things better.

My co-workers were very nice, and we had a great time together.
Great part time program for working professionals
Student (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed the intellectual atmosphere that the program offers, as well as the interaction within my cohort made up of a very diverse group of working adults
Front desk of SFSU Department of Recreational Parks and Tourism
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
Working front desk of the Recreation Parks and Tourism (RPT), I was responsible for keeping the department organized for its students. This included sending out email reminders and job opportunities to the students, creating personal folders for their classes, and answering any questions or concerns about their classes.
Good Work Experience
Research Assistant, Teaching Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
Working as a teaching associate at SFSU is fun because I love interacting with students and help them understand concepts.
I love teaching here!
Ex Post Facto History Journal, Student Editor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great social environment, lots of places to do work, free entertainment for students and coworkers on campus.
Cons: lack of benefits.
I went here as a student and now get to teach here. A typical day involves lecturing, reading student's papers and correcting quizzes, and replying to emails.

I have learned a lot about how to communicate verbally and how to write clear, concise lectures and emails.

I enjoy working with most of the students, but some students are not motivated. Me trying to motivate them is challenging, but also rewarding.
Environment
Summer Planetarium Director (Current Employee), Pittsburg, CAAugust 10, 2014
Highly independent

Management open to creativity and improvements.

1 2 3 4