San Francisco State University

San Francisco State University Employee Reviews

Good job for Masters Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Helped students, learned a lot
Cons: Temporary position, low pay
Working as an online graduate teaching assistant offered flexible hours and a professor who understood that schoolwork came first. Because the class had over 1000 students and a required writing assignment, – more... the majority of my job was to grade papers. During times when papers did not need to be graded, I performed computer analyses to catch students cheating on quizzes and exams, and helped the professor with email queries and other day to day activities necessary to run a class.

I greatly improved my excel spreadsheet skills with the job, as well as other computer skills. Although I was not studying international business for my degree, I learned the subject matter of the class in order to teach the students the material.

While I really liked the professor as a person, he was not well organized and a bit lazy. This made the working environment tough because I did not have guidance for many of my tasks. However, while the lack of guidance was frustrating at the time, it also helped to develop creative ways to do the tasks and independent working skills. – less
N/A
Director of Labor Relations (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2015
San Francisco State University is an excellent place to work. It provides good opportunities for advancement. I have enjoyed the atmosphere and energy that the students bring.
Productive and interactive job with good colleagues
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2015
Working as a resident Service Assistant in San Francisco State University has proved great opportunity. The management is very good and strict. I got to learn as well as interact with people from all around the world.
Productive and fun workplace
Textbook Editor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2015
My responsibilities were clearly defined and the atmosphere was friendly. I would spend most of my day at a computer entering data into our database of students with disabilities. I scanned books into our electronic system and edited them using software programs like Omnipage and Kurzweil.
Great opportunity for a short term job
Assistant of the International Business Office (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay rate
It was a great opportunity. I had flexible schedule, basically working from home, but I was responsible enough to manage my time wisely. It was an occasional work. Anyway, I really enjoy it. The school has a good staff.
Tutoring two ASL students at S.F.State as ASL tutor
Sign Language Tutor (Former Employee), CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Tutoring two ASL students at S.F. State
I have tutored two Hearing students as ASL tutor. They have learned how practice to sign every ASL gestures in ASL. They know some parts of ASL in ASL because they were able to sign ASL in ASL successfully.
Ok place to work
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2015
Working for SFSU has is tradeoffs. Good job security, great benefits. Low pay. Really bureaucratic culture that is extremely frustrating to work in.
Student Researcher
Researcher (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2015
Executing experiments involving the protein dimer, styrene monooxygenase. Studies included designing and performing kinetic activity assays, protein assays, cell culturing and growth, using statistical – more... and graphing software to evaluate data, conducting experiments as an individual and as a team, and using molecular modeling software to assess the structure of target protein, identification of interacting residues and active site mechanisms. – less
My experience at SFSU was overall a great experience that I feel everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy!!!!
I was a student at SFSU (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Programs to assist me in attainig my goals.
Cons: Finacial assistance!!!!
Learned a great deal about laws and the history of laws in the United States. The majority of my professors were tremendously helpful in advancing my understanding of the various institutions and their functions in society
Productive and fun place to work
Tutor Meisters (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2015
The people are friendly and helpful. Everyone works as a community and makes sure we can be as productive and helpful as possible.
Exhibition Design
Exhibition Designer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2015
Typical day includes handling and installing artwork, promotion through fliers, signage and correspondence with sponsors and attendees.
Good colleagues great students.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: close to plenty of food shops, track and gym
Cons: close to plenty of food shops
Department chair is more than helpful with any inquiries be it academic or faculty based. Co-workers are peers and thus always good to be around. Dedicated offices for office hours and students approach you for any type of problems and often are more intuitive than they think they are.

Overall great faculty environment. Monthly potluck and office parties for every holiday.
A great and fun loving experience
Tutor Meisters (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: i love teaching and i love the subject of mathematics.
Cons: it's not a continuous and everyday job.
-A typical day at Tutor Meisters always brings something new. I get to meet new people and reconnect with others. I get to help them with math problems and I really enjoy doing that because I have taken – more... that course before and I understand where they are coming from. Most times I can completely relate because I was once stuck on the same thing and I found a different way to solve it so it's always nice to share that with my students.
-My co-workers are awesome and my co-manager is so understanding and motivating. Even during months when we do not get many students, he doesn't give up hope and he always pushes our colleagues and myself.
-The hardest part of my job is usually when I cannot solve a problem right off the bat and when I have my last lesson with my students and I have to stay good bye.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is when my students tell me how well they did in the course or on a particular test/quiz that I helped them with. Another enjoyable part is when they tell me how helpful my tutoring strategies and tips have been for them. – less
co-worked
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2015
sfsu is great university and work condition. I worked in Biochemistry Lab more than one year, everyone was very nice and was willing to help and teach me. I learned a lot from them.
productive and fun work place
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2014
productive and fun work place - great people and I have learned a lot from them.
this was one of the position that I will always remember and use the experience and whatever I learned from there.
my co workers were great - we were always there for each other we worked together us a group everyone shared there knowledge and no one said I know more than you or I cant help you.
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant - Business Lab (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2014
a lot of works but very fun and great. mostly administrative works
Understood how hard Professors work for our education.
U.S. Health Care Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2014
Learned to conduct class and help fellow students with the activities.
Athletic work study
San Francisco State Athletic Department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: not having set hours
Cons: leaving the campus
I basically did a lot of work study type of things for the athletic department to get hours in. I got to see the history of athletes who played whichever sport at SFSU before my time which was really cool. – more... I filed all their paper work and team photos in organized areas for the department to start saving electronically. I also would attend volleyball, soccer, and track meets to help set up or take stats of games. – less
I was able to work and attend classes efficiently
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2014
It's a nice place. you can work and be able to stay on top of your studies. They are flexible with your schedule.
Tutoring four Hearing students at S.F. State
Sign Language Tutor (Former Employee), CASeptember 18, 2014
I have tutored four Hearing students at S.F. State. I was ASL tutor. I was S.F. State student.

1 2 3 4