San Francisco State University Employee Reviews

Interesting and fun, allowing me to meet residents and fellow students
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, understanding leaders
Cons: Stressful at times, difficult residents
A typical day at work included processing mail, inputting service requests, and completing small tasks for the leads throughout my shift. I learned how to properly manage multiple tasks and deal with student affairs while maintaining the security of the building I was working in. The management was great. My leads were helpful and professional, but since they were also students, they were also very understanding when it came to school and personal issues. My co-workers were fun to work with and could relate to me, since they were students as well. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a sunny disposition at all times and helping difficult residents when they refused to listen to anything and were rude just because. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new residents and making friends, and also being exposed to all the different students who lived in the residence halls, as well as the employees that made everything run smoothly.
able to use campus facilities like ping pong table track and field etc
Custodian (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2015
Excelent work enviroment a typical day of work friendly and productive I learn to be around different background ethnicity's co-worker's where friendly and helpful the hardest part of the job was the weather and the most enjoyable part was to have a good steady job
relaxed and supportive
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: tedious
work on your own schedule. given a deadline. project was assigned, and expected to be finished by a certain day. working on computer simulations had a lot of downtime, so id typically come in after classes, set a script to run over night, and come back the next day to analyze results. coworkers were friendly and encouraging, often working on the same or similar projects.
Wonderful work experience!!
Professor of sociology (Former Employee), SanJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Going home with a smile!
Cons: none
Day: current social issues, student questions, open class discussion on specific topical issue of day--best part of day! No "hard" days!

Department/faculty support; high academic student maturity and skills; cool co-workers/environment.

Most enjoyable--student eager to share their views/opinions in class!
Great work environment
Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Leaders and director were very great at communicating with their peers
It was a great professional atmosphere to work in. I learned a lot about pushing to better myself everyday. My peers were very smart, outgoing, successful and so as a first-time employee in a professional environment, this influenced me to be just as organized and skilled as they are.
Productive and meaningful to work At SFSU
Chemistry Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities to gain work experiences
Cons: Short breaks
Working at San Francisco State University is a good place for students to gain working experiences and meaningful opportunities to the future success.
It is an easy going place to work and very supportive and understanding management personnel. Team work is extremely encouraged
Tutor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: flexible, fun, challenging
Cons: no benefit, not enough hours
Interactive and challenging at the same time which stimulates the mind constantly. Great place to share experiences as well as helping each other solving problelms
Productive and engaging
Business Systems Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits and retirement options
Cons: Low pay with minimum raises
The SFSU community is strong and everyone works together to complete goals. Really good atmosphere to be in and very engaging.
GReat
Graduate Studies Student Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2015
Cons: no diversity
i really enjoyed working at San Francisco State University. Great environment to work in . the campus needs to be more diverse with its employees
Excellent
Web Manager - Part Time (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2015
This University is the embodiment of what a state university should be. The admin as well as the professor strive to make this a positive learning environment.
Good job for Masters Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Helped students, learned a lot
Cons: Temporary position, low pay
Working as an online graduate teaching assistant offered flexible hours and a professor who understood that schoolwork came first. Because the class had over 1000 students and a required writing assignment, the majority of my job was to grade papers. During times when papers did not need to be graded, I performed computer analyses to catch students cheating on quizzes and exams, and helped the professor with email queries and other day to day activities necessary to run a class.

I greatly improved my excel spreadsheet skills with the job, as well as other computer skills. Although I was not studying international business for my degree, I learned the subject matter of the class in order to teach the students the material.

While I really liked the professor as a person, he was not well organized and a bit lazy. This made the working environment tough because I did not have guidance for many of my tasks. However, while the lack of guidance was frustrating at the time, it also helped to develop creative ways to do the tasks and independent working skills.
N/A
Director of Labor Relations (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2015
San Francisco State University is an excellent place to work. It provides good opportunities for advancement. I have enjoyed the atmosphere and energy that the students bring.
Productive and interactive job with good colleagues
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2015
Working as a resident Service Assistant in San Francisco State University has proved great opportunity. The management is very good and strict. I got to learn as well as interact with people from all around the world.
Productive and fun workplace
Textbook Editor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2015
My responsibilities were clearly defined and the atmosphere was friendly. I would spend most of my day at a computer entering data into our database of students with disabilities. I scanned books into our electronic system and edited them using software programs like Omnipage and Kurzweil.
Great opportunity for a short term job
Assistant of the International Business Office (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay rate
It was a great opportunity. I had flexible schedule, basically working from home, but I was responsible enough to manage my time wisely. It was an occasional work. Anyway, I really enjoy it. The school has a good staff.
Tutoring two ASL students at S.F.State as ASL tutor
Sign Language Tutor (Former Employee), CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Tutoring two ASL students at S.F. State
I have tutored two Hearing students as ASL tutor. They have learned how practice to sign every ASL gestures in ASL. They know some parts of ASL in ASL because they were able to sign ASL in ASL successfully.
Ok place to work
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2015
Working for SFSU has is tradeoffs. Good job security, great benefits. Low pay. Really bureaucratic culture that is extremely frustrating to work in.
Student Researcher
Researcher (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2015
Executing experiments involving the protein dimer, styrene monooxygenase. Studies included designing and performing kinetic activity assays, protein assays, cell culturing and growth, using statistical and graphing software to evaluate data, conducting experiments as an individual and as a team, and using molecular modeling software to assess the structure of target protein, identification of interacting residues and active site mechanisms.
My experience at SFSU was overall a great experience that I feel everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy!!!!
I was a student at SFSU (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Programs to assist me in attainig my goals.
Cons: Finacial assistance!!!!
Learned a great deal about laws and the history of laws in the United States. The majority of my professors were tremendously helpful in advancing my understanding of the various institutions and their functions in society
Productive and fun place to work
Tutor Meisters (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2015
The people are friendly and helpful. Everyone works as a community and makes sure we can be as productive and helpful as possible.