San Francisco State University Employee Reviews

Place to learn and grow
Chemistry Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
I did enjoy working for SFSU, and I believe if I had stayed there that there would be plenty of opportunity for growth as a lecture and/or lab instructor.
Pros
flexible schedule each semester
Cons
more work requested than initially agreed upon
Great experience
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2017
Working on a commerce website over the summer for the CS software engineering course was a very good experience. I was able to work with 4 other dedicated students and we had much success in our project.
Great Experience
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2017
The teacher I was assisting for was great. This position gave me experience in editing and cross checking for accuracy. Also, strengthened my time management skills in order to get through grading paperwork by the deadline
Great college
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2017
Ive learned many things at my college. Interning for my genetics professor has been a great learning experience. My coding skills have vastly improved. I now have research experience which i will use later on.
Great place to work!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2017
Great people, good opportunities. Excellent health benefits for you and your family. Job security is high. Pay is on the lower side. Management may be slow, but steady.
Pros
Flexible schedule; supportive work environment; can take classes if approved by supervisor.
Cons
Work can be repetitive at times; need to take initiative to seek new opportunities.
Great start for a college student
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2017
Great opportunities and easy access for both school and work. It was convenient for me to go to school and then go to work afterwards with no issues. They understood that everyone was a college student.
Relaxed place to work
Test Proctor/ Disability program assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of handing students their exam and supervising them while they finishes. On other days I would read the exam out loud and/or write their response.
The hardest thing about the job is making sure everyone stays calm when taking their exam.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2017
Great Place! Great opportunity to learn how to teach a class. I was able to design curriculum and lecture students. The professor was wonderful to work with.
Beloved learning institution
Guest Lecturer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2017
San Francisco State is a premiere State University that offers few full time tenured teaching opportunities.
Most teaching is done by guest lecturers.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No opportunity for employment
Ok
Student Account Specialist, Bursar's (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2017
The university is a good place to start off your career, but it is not a pace you want to stay at forever. There is not much room for a person to move up at that the university. Hard work is hardly rewarded, but constantly expected. You will be left doing more work that is not required in your position and never receives the correct wage for it.
Pros
Discount on tuition fees
Cons
work culture, stressful, little pay and upper management
graduate Admissions San Francisco University
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2017
The graduate admissions at San Francisco State University is a great community to work with. I learned management skills communications skills, and serving students from all over the world.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
pay rate
Enhanced learning experiences
Animal Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2017
Working for SFSU is full of diverse learning experiences and stimulation to your brain. There is constant interactions with students, staff, faculty, co-workers, and researchers that help to keep the typical day at work not so typical.
Day at work
Food Truck Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
A typical day is clocking in and settling into job requirements. I am a Food Truck Coordinator, I am responsible for making sure that we have 1 - 2 food trucks scheduled M - F (semester-long). Through this job, I have learned Data Entry, Management, Bookkeeping. The hardest part of my job is when a truck cancels the day of operation and I have to scramble to get another truck into the slot before operation opens. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with different entities and my love for food.
The College of Ethnic Studies is excellent
LECTURER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2017
The mission of the College of Ethnic Studies is to provide safe academic spaces and resources for all to practice the theories of resistance and liberation
I Love Teaching in OB Clinical Rotations
Clinical Faculty/Lecturer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94132April 4, 2017
Teaching at the University Level in Nursing is very rewarding. I love teaching in my clinical area of expertise. Hardest part of the job is trying to get in as many hands-on opportunities for all of my students.
Pros
pay is really good in relation to what I am doing
Cons
Right now its only 1 day per week
Great place for schooling and work opportunities
Resident Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 29, 2017
While being bombarded with homework and other school responsibilities, San Francisco State University (as an employer) has offered flexible scheduling and a great work environment.
Pros
Meeting students
Cons
Working while getting an education
Great Learning Experience
Information Technology Network Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2017
Teachers your Leadership and Management qualities.
You Learn to be flexible with your work hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that job is different and challenging every day.
Electrician Assistant
Grader of Calculus III and Linear Algebra (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2017
At this job, I learned wiring a house and the implications of following the safety rules to handle electricity. This kind of job requires listenting to the head electrician and following instrucctions. Being an Electrician Assistant I learned how to repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools. Also, I learned to read blueprints or technical diagrams before doing work and to Install and maintain wiring and lighting systems Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
Sfsu
Vice President of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders - SFSUFebruary 7, 2017
SFSU provides students opportunities to grow professionally and personally! Great Education! Great Environment! On-campus jobs help student gain experience!
Productive and fun workplace.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94132February 7, 2017
Fun workplace.
Gain leadership, teamwork, communication, and professional skills.
Nice inclusive city to live in.
Lots to do in the city.