San Francisco State University

San Francisco State University Employer Reviews

Great Environment
Administrative Assistant - Business Lab (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2014
a lot of works but very fun and great. mostly administrative works
Understood how hard Professors work for our education.
U.S. Health Care Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2014
Learned to conduct class and help fellow students with the activities.
Athletic work study
San Francisco State Athletic Department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: not having set hours
Cons: leaving the campus
I basically did a lot of work study type of things for the athletic department to get hours in. I got to see the history of athletes who played whichever sport at SFSU before my time which was really cool. I filed all their paper work and team photos in organized areas for the department to start saving electronically. I also would attend volleyball, – more... soccer, and track meets to help set up or take stats of games. – less
I was able to work and attend classes efficiently
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2014
It's a nice place. you can work and be able to stay on top of your studies. They are flexible with your schedule.
Tutoring four Hearing students at S.F. State
Sign Language Tutor (Former Employee), CASeptember 18, 2014
I have tutored four Hearing students at S.F. State. I was ASL tutor. I was S.F. State student.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Computer Lab Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2014
As for this job, I assisted students with computer issues in the computer lab, and sometimes, I needed to help with file works.

This job made me know more about how to provide good service to others, and how to organize things better.

My co-workers were very nice, and we had a great time together.
Great part time program for working professionals
Student (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed the intellectual atmosphere that the program offers, as well as the interaction within my cohort made up of a very diverse group of working adults
Front desk of SFSU Department of Recreational Parks and Tourism
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
Working front desk of the Recreation Parks and Tourism (RPT), I was responsible for keeping the department organized for its students. This included sending out email reminders and job opportunities to the students, creating personal folders for their classes, and answering any questions or concerns about their classes.
Good Work Experience
Research Assistant, Teaching Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2014
Working as a teaching associate at SFSU is fun because I love interacting with students and help them understand concepts.
I love teaching here!
Ex Post Facto History Journal, Student Editor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great social environment, lots of places to do work, free entertainment for students and coworkers on campus.
Cons: lack of benefits.
I went here as a student and now get to teach here. A typical day involves lecturing, reading student's papers and correcting quizzes, and replying to emails.

I have learned a lot about how to communicate verbally and how to write clear, concise lectures and emails.

I enjoy working with most of the students, but some students are not motivated. Me – more... trying to motivate them is challenging, but also rewarding. – less
Environment
Summer Planetarium Director (Current Employee), Pittsburg, CAAugust 10, 2014
Highly independent

Management open to creativity and improvements.
Educational and rewarding
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2014
~ In a public health setting, I meet with my students at 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to accommodate the stay at home elderly, the after school kids and the working adults. In the morning, I first meet with my students, and review their assignments for the day. Then we have questions and answer session and assess the program for the day.
~ At noon I supervise – more... my students in their walking and exercise programs for the elderly.
~ 2:00 students prepare for their after school program.
~3:00 after school program for the children ages 4-17. Health screening, art activities, exercises and health teachings.
~ 4:30 students prepare and practice for adult programs
~ 5:30 Adult health screening and health teaching presentations.
~ 6:15 Socialization.
~ 6:45 post conference
~ 7 p.m. done for the day
This Fall 2014 students will have both public health nursing and skilled nursing facility training. – less
Ok job for a student
Housing and Residential Services Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2014
This job is good for college students because the hours are flexible.
Great research experience in pursuring my M.S. degree
Amagata Lab Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2014
I received no grants but still felt the experience was rewarding especially in my research experience. Typical issues come up when dealing with a lab that has less money than others including lack of some resources, crowded rooms, but this is normal. I learned a lot and loved the work.
Large diverse institution
Lecturer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2014
Diverse student population from all walks of life. Commuter campus, but generally dedicated and hardworking. Facilities bit dated, but workable.
Very good working environment seeking the help on student with disabilities.
Accessible Media Director Assitant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: good united environment seeking the same objective.
- Four hours daily of converting media from hard to soft copy according to the student. We were required to deal with the student as well to ensure the quality of the media we converted.

- Working with the human services especially in such a busy department taught me a lot especially with Microsoft Access and with converting media into various forms – more... to make it accessible for students.

- Time management was a really important aspect in such a job especially at the beginning of the academic year which is the peak of the requests for media conversion. We were also required to be in constant contact with the student center for the books and the binding. Not to mention, that using CAM to be in touch with all California State Universities to make some conversions easier for us and faster for students.

- I had 5 co-workers which were really passionate about the job as well, two were responsible for captioning, one for IT and one was responsible for media conversion as myself.

- The hardest part was that the converted media had to be really accurate because the user of that converted media is a student with a disability type and any small error could cause confusion in the material.

- The most enjoyable part was that all the employers and the employees had the same goal of helping the disabled students and it felt really united in the office to work towards the same objective. – less
Productive and Fun working space
Resident Computer Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2014
Learn a lot form other people. Require strength and Knowledge.
Great Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: fun environment
This is a great environment to grow. It is a great place to learn how to handle large group of children. When you see the excitement on the children's faces, it makes the day worth it.
Controlled environment. Little room for creativity and to express freedom
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2014
Was a good learning curve, but never had a chance to implement ideas and express myself. A good opportunity for beginners.
Controlled environment. Little room for creativity and to express freedom