San Francisco State University Employee Reviews in United States

Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2015
I do not have any review for san francisco state university. But overall the university is average. the proffesors are average and overall fees is high compared to quality of education.
Excellent Institution
SAN FRANCISCO STATE GRADUATE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2015
First rate educational institution founded on diversity and academic excellence. The best institution I attended by far.
Middle School Wages, High School drama, College Campus
Resident Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 20, 2015
Zero job safety features - ineffective emergency training, difficulty getting hours, awful supervisors, minimal monthly payment, chaotic management that plays favorites and openly badmouths employees.
San Francisco State
Instructional Support Assist. (Former Employee) –  College of Creative ArtsOctober 14, 2015
A potentially dynamic employment environment, San Francisco State University offers the opportunity to be involved in a diverse and stimulating work situations.
Pros
Stimulating environment
Cons
Unprofessional management and administration
RIPE+ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2015
Productive and fun environment. I learned to work well with a diversity of people and was able to develop and share my creative and professional skills.
A lot of reading, processing information, and categorization.
Research Internship (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2015
Fun and interesting research project. I learned a lot about one particular artist and her contributions to the sociopolitical arts movement in North America. The project required a lot of reading and a strong discipline in meeting deadlines while working on other assignments. I developed a strong time management and analytical skills.
Interesting and fun, allowing me to meet residents and fellow students
Resident Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work included processing mail, inputting service requests, and completing small tasks for the leads throughout my shift. I learned how to properly manage multiple tasks and deal with student affairs while maintaining the security of the building I was working in. The management was great. My leads were helpful and professional, but since they were also students, they were also very understanding when it came to school and personal issues. My co-workers were fun to work with and could relate to me, since they were students as well. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a sunny disposition at all times and helping difficult residents when they refused to listen to anything and were rude just because. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new residents and making friends, and also being exposed to all the different students who lived in the residence halls, as well as the employees that made everything run smoothly.
Pros
Flexible hours, understanding leaders
Cons
Stressful at times, difficult residents
able to use campus facilities like ping pong table track and field etc
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2015
Excelent work enviroment a typical day of work friendly and productive I learn to be around different background ethnicity's co-worker's where friendly and helpful the hardest part of the job was the weather and the most enjoyable part was to have a good steady job
relaxed and supportive
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2015
work on your own schedule. given a deadline. project was assigned, and expected to be finished by a certain day. working on computer simulations had a lot of downtime, so id typically come in after classes, set a script to run over night, and come back the next day to analyze results. coworkers were friendly and encouraging, often working on the same or similar projects.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
tedious
Wonderful work experience!!
Professor of sociology (Former Employee) –  SanJuly 30, 2015
Day: current social issues, student questions, open class discussion on specific topical issue of day--best part of day! No "hard" days!

Department/faculty support; high academic student maturity and skills; cool co-workers/environment.

Most enjoyable--student eager to share their views/opinions in class!
Pros
Going home with a smile!
Great work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 29, 2015
It was a great professional atmosphere to work in. I learned a lot about pushing to better myself everyday. My peers were very smart, outgoing, successful and so as a first-time employee in a professional environment, this influenced me to be just as organized and skilled as they are.
Pros
Leaders and director were very great at communicating with their peers
Productive and meaningful to work At SFSU
Chemistry Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
Working at San Francisco State University is a good place for students to gain working experiences and meaningful opportunities to the future success.
Pros
Great opportunities to gain work experiences
Cons
Short breaks
It is an easy going place to work and very supportive and understanding management personnel. Team work is extremely encouraged
Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2015
Interactive and challenging at the same time which stimulates the mind constantly. Great place to share experiences as well as helping each other solving problelms
Pros
flexible, fun, challenging
Cons
no benefit, not enough hours
Productive and engaging
Business Systems Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
The SFSU community is strong and everyone works together to complete goals. Really good atmosphere to be in and very engaging.
Pros
Good health benefits and retirement options
Cons
Low pay with minimum raises
GReat
Graduate Studies Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2015
i really enjoyed working at San Francisco State University. Great environment to work in . the campus needs to be more diverse with its employees
Cons
no diversity
Excellent
Web Manager - Part Time (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2015
This University is the embodiment of what a state university should be. The admin as well as the professor strive to make this a positive learning environment.
Good job for Masters Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2015
Working as an online graduate teaching assistant offered flexible hours and a professor who understood that schoolwork came first. Because the class had over 1000 students and a required writing assignment, the majority of my job was to grade papers. During times when papers did not need to be graded, I performed computer analyses to catch students cheating on quizzes and exams, and helped the professor with email queries and other day to day activities necessary to run a class.

I greatly improved my excel spreadsheet skills with the job, as well as other computer skills. Although I was not studying international business for my degree, I learned the subject matter of the class in order to teach the students the material.

While I really liked the professor as a person, he was not well organized and a bit lazy. This made the working environment tough because I did not have guidance for many of my tasks. However, while the lack of guidance was frustrating at the time, it also helped to develop creative ways to do the tasks and independent working skills.
Pros
Helped students, learned a lot
Cons
Temporary position, low pay
N/a
Director of Labor Relations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2015
San Francisco State University is an excellent place to work. It provides good opportunities for advancement. I have enjoyed the atmosphere and energy that the students bring.
Productive and interactive job with good colleagues
Resident Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2015
Working as a resident Service Assistant in San Francisco State University has proved great opportunity. The management is very good and strict. I got to learn as well as interact with people from all around the world.
Productive and fun workplace
Textbook Editor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2015
My responsibilities were clearly defined and the atmosphere was friendly. I would spend most of my day at a computer entering data into our database of students with disabilities. I scanned books into our electronic system and edited them using software programs like Omnipage and Kurzweil.

4.3