San Francisco Zoo Employee Reviews

Service Systems Associates @ The San Francisco Zoo
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2014
Typical day at work included positioning all staff members under my supervision. Ensuring that they received their breaks and lunches in a timely manner. Inventory management and oversight of cafes under my control. The management was ever changing during my time there and a general lack of structure was abundant. My co-workers were all great and the work environment was typically tolerable. Management was sparse and an absence of training/accountability was consistently an issue. I learned a lot in my time there, but I must say that is because I seek out answers and not because I was trained properly.
Pros
Free food and free admission to zoo.
Cons
Inability to move up in company due to lack of positions, No annual or semi-annual reviews, No prospect of getting a raise, Poor company policies and very few relaible employees.
Great place, everyone had a common heart-felt goal
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 14, 2015
At the San Francisco Zoo, volunteer work was rewarding in a heartwarming way. Being able to reduce the workload of hardworking zoo employees who take care of animals and educate the masses about how the lives of several species are threatened by mankind with each passing day, the zoo employees have enough on their plate. Getting my hands dirty is not a choice I make lightly everyday, but the feeling of giving back to the community is almost always worth it. There's enough worry in everyday life that a little self sacrifice can help clear it for a while.
Pros
Feeling of Productivity, sense of community
Cons
Possible Physical Stain
wear house
Forklift (Former Employee) –  San Francisco CaMay 22, 2014
i would forklift the food for the animals and forklift them to the cages and i would also keep the wear house clean and also clean up after parties and cater some parties as well.
Best time of my life
Junior Zoologist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2012
I loved the time I spend at the san francisco zoo it was the most rewarding time of my life
Loved working with the animals
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2012
Great place to work, but hard to get an internship - was not accepted for internships 3 times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Francisco Zoo. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3