San Gabriel Valley Medical Center

San Gabriel Valley Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Not that great
EVS/Aide (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAMarch 29, 2015
You are expected to not know anything. The management is pretty bad because they have favorites. Staff members who are very hard-workers don't get much compensation or any raises. It was great to make friends at this facility, but they treat their staff members quite poorly.
A priceless experience
Phlebotomy Laboratory Externship (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff and great atmosphere
Cons: none
I was amazed at how exciting it was to see specimens being prepared at the lab. I was extremely surprised at the fact that there was only one person working per lab department. I though there would be more people working in the hematology, chemistry, blood bank and microbiology department but, there was only one CLS per department. Everyone was extremely friendly, warm and welcoming to me as an externship student. There were three phlebotomist in the morning and in the afternoon. I went with as many phlebotomist as I could to learn and draw blood with. I called them my teachers and they showed me how to draw difficult veins. I was a bit emotional when I saw the phlebotomist draw blood by using a butterfly on a baby. This experience inspired me to thrive to work in a hospital and lab setting.
Excellent work environment with an astonishing array of cultures and personalities. I loved it!
Administrator (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Overall a wonderful place to be for patients and people in general. A very good place to work and be part of the family. It is a progressive company with many wonderful changes taking place that the community can look forward to in the near future.
Steady Job
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: pay
I had a couple positions at this location. Varying from Insurance Verification to Billing and then to Admission and Transportation. Enjoyed working with patients and staff, but the management needed more responsibility and the pay was not suitable for the work that was bestowed upon on.
Great place for healthcare field students to volunteer
Volunteer of Iron Chef Food Service (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CASeptember 14, 2014
There are so many healthcare professional who are wiling to teach the interns. Volunteers or interns can get so much experiences through shadowing the professionals. Most employees are friendly to volunteer and interns.
A productive work place, that puts patient care and needs first.
Admitting Representative/PBX Operator (Current Employee), San Gabriel CaliforniaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on your birthday
Cons: short breaks, limited parking
The best place to work for. Provides the best healthcare in the community for its patients, Up to date with equipment and technology. My co workers are amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job is finding parking, because its so minimal.
Tean mentality wiht amazing staff
OB Technician (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: long hours
We worked together and still take CEU's together to this day. We grew up together with our families and in surgery trust is a must. It was a blessing to have worked with as a team with knowledgeable people.
fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant/Various Departments (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: helping people
Always busy but makes your day go by fast. everyday you learn something new. Management is great. Co-workers are team players & always willing to lend a helping hand. Hardest part of the job is the lifting & taking the risk in hurting your back. Most enjoyable part is helping people everyday.
Great work environment
Staff RN (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CANovember 13, 2013
Great work environment, benefits and working conditions. Enjoyed my time there
Productive Hard working facility
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAOctober 17, 2013
The RTs and people i learned from at this facility were very helpful in teaching and expanding my knowledge as an RT student.
Dynamic Hospital
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), San Gabriel, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: benefits
SGVMC is a dynamic hospital with a very busy HR department. There is no typical day in Human Resources. I spend the day doing various things including, but not limited to: policy review, HRIS, training, recruitment, Its a small HR department of five individuals.
productive, fun, and loving employee to work with
License Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), San Gabriel, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: same round
Cons: fair break, healthcare, cleanliness
most enjoyable part about working here is that everyone work together, management were great, the biggest part is that saving pt life is our goal, everyone is responsible for their assignment.
Progressive which offers continuing education in-service at the hospital
Staff RN, Medical Unit (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: available nurses to cover up when meal time and emergency situation.
Cons: rude doctors around the units.
I worked as a Registered Nurse for 8 hour shift in Medical Floor.
I learned to follow-up Guidelines and Prevention for Hospital Communicable and Disease Control Policy like diligent hand washing and using personal protective equipment for protection. Staff nurses are supportive all the time because they offer help in case you don't know the procedures needs to be done on time. The hardest part of the job is to do more detailed documentation for quality care and protection of legal issue.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients healthy and back to normal health condition.
An extended family working together to advance health care.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), San Gabriel, CAOctober 22, 2012
A typical day at work starts out with a simple smile and a warm "good morning" from a guests walking down the hall to visit their love ones, a hospital volunteer carrying food trays to serve out a healthy morning breakfast for a speedy recovery, a student who is working their way in to the medical field under supervision of the knowledgeable staff, a doctor making their early rounds, a night shift nurse headed to their car after a night of caring for ill-patients, a paramedic transferring patients in to the hospital ensuring and entrusting the need of that individual be met by the best healthcare professionals. What i've learned or the most important lesson I can pass on to others who are in the medical field is the importance of team work. When I was a student I didn't understand the importance of it but now that I have been a working licensed practitioner, I rely and depend on the help of others to deliver quality care to the community of people who have chosen San Gabriel Valley Medical Center to improve their health care needs for a better physical and emotional well-being.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), San Gabriel, CASeptember 18, 2012
SGVMC is a good place to work. It's a family-oriented company with flexibility and good co-workers.
Great co-workers
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), San Gabriel, CAApril 3, 2012
Great management, great learning environment, great co-workers.