San Gabriel Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2017
Racist company unless you're a Filipino nurse. The benefits were the best part. The food was horrible. Managment doesn't have your back and neither does The union.
this is where i started in respiratory care
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAApril 5, 2017
very educational,nice parking nice coworkers,team work ,nice exposure to the respiratory,learned abg's critical care,nice doctors,good emergency room experience
Pros
nice and educational
Cons
too far from home
Big workplace and amazing staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work consist of getting patients up changed or showered before breakfast then we feed them and bring the to activities and aid for them throughtout the day. Ive learned that you have to have alot of patients. I would say the hardest part of my job is getting close to some patients like there family and you see there health gradually decreasing. What i loved about it is the great staff and the amazing patients.
Productive fast paced job.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Love working for San Gabriel Valley Medical Center. Enjoy helping and serving others. We are a team here, working together to provide the BEST care to all patients.
interfacing with both internal team members and external customers
Biomedical Equipment Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel Valley, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I been working in the medical field for 17 years and been responsible for service calls to evaluate ,diagnose ,perform repair and planned maintenance on complex biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
With minimal supervision I evaluate biomedical equipment issues, implemented appropriate repairs, as assigned performed planned maintenance, safety and enviromental inspections and maintain effective customer relation follow up appropriate policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation
Nice building, Wonderful and nice people also.
Crothall Evs Aide (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel Valley, CAJanuary 5, 2017
It was a great hospital, the shift I had and the drive I had to do everyday is what prevented me from working there, it was a very difficult schedule for me.
friendly facility
Nutrition Ambassador- Greeted (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAOctober 19, 2016
everyone there was friendly and helpful, it's a place where you can learn and grow into better opportunities.Lots of chances to move up into better careers.
Pros
friendly staff
15 Years exsperence working in the hospital maintenance field as a maintenance machenic
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CANovember 24, 2015
I start out at work with a positive attitude and get started with my daily readings. I go around all the equipment and make sure all is normal and make any adjustments as needed once I finish I start doing either house calls or I work on the projects I have waiting for me. My goal every day is to get the job done wright and make before I leave things are running smoothly I enjoy working on equipment and before I leave I take the time to notify the other shift what went on then fill out the log book of what's online
Very influential
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CASeptember 28, 2015
I was there for a week long internship, so there was not much I can say about the details of the company in this short period. From what I gathered, the work environment was friendly and educational. My phlebotomy work was overseen by six different employees. They instructed, trained, and educated me in their own ways. Each person taught me new and informative skills that I will need as a future phlebotomist.
Friendly coworkers,
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAAugust 20, 2015
Friendly coworkers, high caliber mentors, the most enjoyable part with this job in this certain company is that i get to work alongside my colleagues and learning from them under as well the supervision of other nurses.
General Dissatisfaction
Admitting Clerk/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAMay 4, 2015
Poor attitudes, everyone hates management and everyone's attitude is a reflection of management's. Definitely an environment of who you know not what you know. Great employees with potential being overworked and unappreciated, while lazy workers with horrible work ethic cruise on by without reprimand. You do get to meet great people but they are definitely overshadowed by the black cloud of discontent.
Pros
You meet some great, kind people.
Cons
Management and health insurance are terrible.
productive and fast pased. makes the day go by faster
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAApril 14, 2015
I only did my externship at this hospital but if given the chance to work I would. my coworkers where very helpful and the manage team was very easy to talk to. the hardest part of the was getting used to where everything was and the pace.
Not that great
EVS/Aide (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAMarch 29, 2015
You are expected to not know anything. The management is pretty bad because they have favorites. Staff members who are very hard-workers don't get much compensation or any raises. It was great to make friends at this facility, but they treat their staff members quite poorly.
A priceless experience
Phlebotomy Laboratory Externship (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAMarch 24, 2015
I was amazed at how exciting it was to see specimens being prepared at the lab. I was extremely surprised at the fact that there was only one person working per lab department. I though there would be more people working in the hematology, chemistry, blood bank and microbiology department but, there was only one CLS per department. Everyone was extremely friendly, warm and welcoming to me as an externship student. There were three phlebotomist in the morning and in the afternoon. I went with as many phlebotomist as I could to learn and draw blood with. I called them my teachers and they showed me how to draw difficult veins. I was a bit emotional when I saw the phlebotomist draw blood by using a butterfly on a baby. This experience inspired me to thrive to work in a hospital and lab setting.
Pros
Friendly staff and great atmosphere
Cons
Excellent work environment with an astonishing array of cultures and personalities. I loved it!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Overall a wonderful place to be for patients and people in general. A very good place to work and be part of the family. It is a progressive company with many wonderful changes taking place that the community can look forward to in the near future.
Steady Job
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CADecember 17, 2014
I had a couple positions at this location. Varying from Insurance Verification to Billing and then to Admission and Transportation. Enjoyed working with patients and staff, but the management needed more responsibility and the pay was not suitable for the work that was bestowed upon on.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
Great place for healthcare field students to volunteer
Volunteer of Iron Chef Food Service (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CASeptember 14, 2014
There are so many healthcare professional who are wiling to teach the interns. Volunteers or interns can get so much experiences through shadowing the professionals. Most employees are friendly to volunteer and interns.
A productive work place, that puts patient care and needs first.
Admitting Representative/PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel CaliforniaAugust 10, 2014
The best place to work for. Provides the best healthcare in the community for its patients, Up to date with equipment and technology. My co workers are amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job is finding parking, because its so minimal.
Pros
Free lunch on your Birthday
Cons
Short breaks, limited parking
Tean mentality wiht amazing staff
OB Technician (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAFebruary 10, 2014
We worked together and still take CEU's together to this day. We grew up together with our families and in surgery trust is a must. It was a blessing to have worked with as a team with knowledgeable people.
Pros
Teamwork
fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant/Various Departments (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CADecember 2, 2013
Always busy but makes your day go by fast. everyday you learn something new. Management is great. Co-workers are team players & always willing to lend a helping hand. Hardest part of the job is the lifting & taking the risk in hurting your back. Most enjoyable part is helping people everyday.
Pros
helping people