San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital

San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Wonderful Staff
LVN (Former Employee), Banning, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria food
I enjoyed working with all of my co workers. All team members were devoted to providing excellent patient care for all patients!
Terrible place to work
Business Office Cashier/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Banning, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: bad directors, cliques, inadequate parking
The typical day at work started with the director walking in a good hour after employees got there and then preceded at rolling her eyes at people if they asked a question about a work issue. The director was very rarely in the office to deal with things as Relay for life or bake sales was more important. If the director did not like you she made sure – more... to make your work life terrible. The director was very good at being passive aggressive. The director would also get personal information about you and use it against you. If the director did not like you would get in trouble for the same things that somebody she liked would do but they would not????? I would go in and talk about an issue I was having in the office and nothing would be done but a person would go in and say something about me and she would write me up in a minute. I brought issue up with HR director and nothing was done even after she said I was not the only person that complained about the director. Co-workers what joke there was maybe three out of the whole bunch that actually worked. There was two that would come in the morning and sit for an hour and half and do nothing but talk to each other or play on their phones or be on their phones with family issues and the director knew this was going on and nothing was done. For many years the hospital lost out on large amounts of money because of these issues. The hardest part of my day was dealing with the petty high school stuff that went on in that office every day. The most enjoyable part was when I left. This place is all about who likes who and whose backend you kiss and if you don’t then they label you as a problem. Be careful what you say they will twist to make it fit their needs. There was not a day that I did not walk out of there crying. – less
Great hospital with caring staff
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Banning, CAAugust 21, 2014
Very busy community hospital that takes great interest in customer service and ensuring that patron of hospital are satisfied with their care by employees. Emphasis is placed on quality of service provided and employees are encouraged to interact with management in developing new and better ways to make the hospital a premiere establishment.
Caring Employees
Echo Tech Extern (Former Employee), Banning, CAJuly 21, 2014
Smaller hospital with great employees. New emergency unit still shiny.
Fun place to work even though it was in an ER
LVN Emergency room and float nurse (Former Employee), Banning, CAMay 16, 2014
Everyday was something new and different. I wish I didn't leave. Great team from the directors to even housekeeping.
Great hospital
Echo Tech (Former Employee), Banning, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: career job
Cons: not enough hours
everything was great. the staff was very friendly. if I had an emergency I would definitely go to this hospital. good management.
Great small hospital
Registration Clerk - ED (Former Employee), Banning, CAApril 2, 2014
Working in a small town ED was a great way to gain experience in the medical field while attending nursing school. The staff is wonderful.
Check the hospital infrastructure carefully
Director (Former Employee), Banning, CASeptember 9, 2013
Nice little hospital, but due to lack of resources, it was difficult to provide quality services in the manner I was accustomed to.
One of the nest place I ever worked at!
ER Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Banning, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: too many to mention.
Cons: none that comes to mind.
Great mgmt support, staff works well together and great benefits.
When you enjoy what you do and the people you work with life at work is easy.
Laboratory Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Banning, CAJuly 27, 2013
I had a lot of opportunities to grow into a team player in many departments within the Hospital. 4
Productive and very informational
Internship (Former Employee), Banning, CAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: very informational
Cons: i didnt get hired on because there were no positions.
this was an externship for my schooling in the medical field. I learned a lot that really helped me.
ER manager had 3 contacts with me in passing with a negative feedback only. Over worked underpaid. Hostile environment.
LICENCE VOCATIONAL NURSE (Former Employee), Banning, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: close to home, growing hospital, and some great coworkers, doctors and house supervisors
Cons: benefits not very good, lvn's are being replaced with rn's, some unprofessional mean people, terrible er manager.
Very unhappy employees with unneeded drama, friendships with management interfered and was very apparent and spoke upon by many. Friends with personal relationships outside of work received perks that included scheduling, overtime and accountability for behavior and or mistakes. Thus made clicks within also very apparent and made for a hostile environment. – more... Unfortunately the hard workers get no positive reinforcement or recognition. The happy and hard workers with positive attitudes are frond upon and treated poorly. There is always conflict with ER Doctors and nurses versus Rapid care PA's and nurses. Typical day is overworked very stressful and at times hostile due to the way people get treated. The best part of working there is that I met some amazing, caring, hard working people who have helped keep the hospital relevant and running. I also learned more skills that I will take and use in my nursing career. I also learned more patience, a lot of politics, and that I wont let a few bad apples and negativity effect my honesty, integrity, excellent customer service and love for my career. – less
Excellent Hospital
Medical Collector (Former Employee), Banning, CAOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great pay, nice hospital
Cons: lazy coworkers
This is an excellent hospital and great place to work as long as you dont mind working with others who do not care about the their preformance or about the hospital.
Enjoyable community hopsital to work at
Emergency Department Administrator (Former Employee), Banning, CAMarch 1, 2012
Pros: work environment
Cons: pay and benefits are lower than most
SGMH offer a fsimily-type work environment for its employees. Although the pay and benefits package is low because of the payor base, the work environment makes the hospital a good employer. Great stiaff and ood physicians in the community.