San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved the nurses
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Patients care was what it is all about. Maintain clean environment and proper sanitizing of hospital equipment. Working with chemicals and knowing what proper cleaning techniques will kill illnesses.
It was just OK
RN (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 29, 2017
My coworkers were friendly, the hospital itself needs to make staff more of a priority. It is a place to work, no encouragement for growth or educating staff.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Pay not competitive, no education reimbursement, no opportunity for growth
I love this place.
Cardiac heart monitor technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I have been at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital for almost 20 years now. I have seen a lot of changes that have happened along with seeing many people come and go. I love working here. The staff I are the best of the best. I consider this place my home away from home and my second family:
Very family oriented. A great place to work.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I have loved working at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, but unfortunately things have changed in my life and I am needing to move on. It is a small hospital filled with kind emloyees who treat you like family. Most of us have known each other for years. It is in a small town full of family values. Great for families.
okay place to work. float pool manager is outstanding
RN Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 11, 2016
okay place to work. not diverse staff. lots of extra shifts if that's what you like. uses lots of registry and lots of LVN's. Has a staffing mix where RN has up to 8 patients on med/surg unit with LVN often from Registry that does not do assessments or care plans. often unsafe to manage high acuity patients
Pros
lots of shifts
Cons
staff is not diverse culture
Not worth it
Associate (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAJune 8, 2016
Not a family atmosphere, unless you're part of the cliques or related to someone. Management is terrible, quality of people hired are terrible, facilities are terrible. Pay and benefits are surprisingly good, but it's not worth the stress of the job. Never have i worked with such petty people.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
employees, management, facilities, location
Wonderful Hospital to work at
SGMH Associate (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 22, 2015
This lovely little hospital has come a LONG way in the 7 years that I have been here. When I started there was no money but that has all changed. I am not saying that there is money to burn as they are mindful of expenses as any good business, but the perks have really improved as well as the salary rates. The benefits are great, very reasonably priced and the current match on the 403B Retirement plan is awesome! The staff has always been very friendly and supportive and they really care about what they are doing to support the patients in this community.
Pros
Awesome Holiday Party
Have to be friends with the right people!!
Collector (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 19, 2015
Some of the people are a real joy to work while others are not so much. You definitely have to be friends with the right people or kiss the right behind to be treated fairly. Be careful what you say and how you say and who you say it to because it will be twisted and used against you. There is a great deal of favoritism that goes on in every department. The business office is one of the worst places they do anything they want. There is so much drama I'm not sure if I am at work or back in high school most days. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get to leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad directors, drama, bad coworkers
great place to work. Good doctors, great nurses. rewarding at times.
Unit Secretary, LVN Medical (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 7, 2015
Great experience, enjoyed most co-workers and doctors, Very stressful at tiimes, very high demanding, but for the most part it was very rewarding.
Productive and fun place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMarch 5, 2015
Typical night at work were very busy. Dealt with elder customers. Management was great as well as co-workers. Patience is key working as a server. hardest part of the job was closing the restaurant.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare
Great externship experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Lead Tech had more than 30 years of experience. Great staff and hospital. Learning experience of which was obtained was very in depth. Being able to be a part of there cardiology department was an an honor.
Pros
Much experience to obtain
Wonderful Staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed working with all of my co workers. All team members were devoted to providing excellent patient care for all patients!
Pros
Great Cafeteria food
Great hospital with caring staff
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAAugust 21, 2014
Very busy community hospital that takes great interest in customer service and ensuring that patron of hospital are satisfied with their care by employees. Emphasis is placed on quality of service provided and employees are encouraged to interact with management in developing new and better ways to make the hospital a premiere establishment.
Caring Employees
Echo Tech Extern (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 21, 2014
Smaller hospital with great employees. New emergency unit still shiny.
Fun place to work even though it was in an ER
LVN Emergency room and float nurse (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMay 16, 2014
Everyday was something new and different. I wish I didn't leave. Great team from the directors to even housekeeping.
Great hospital
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 23, 2014
everything was great. the staff was very friendly. if I had an emergency I would definitely go to this hospital. good management.
Pros
Career Job
Cons
Not enough Hours
Small but friendly hospital!
Echosonographer Externship (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Loved going there everyday and working with my instructor. She is a wonderful person and very knowledgeable. The staff there is great and made me feel welcome! I felt like I was part of the team!
Check the hospital infrastructure carefully
Director (Former Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 9, 2013
Nice little hospital, but due to lack of resources, it was difficult to provide quality services in the manner I was accustomed to.
One of the nest place I ever worked at!
ER Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 5, 2013
Great mgmt support, staff works well together and great benefits.
Pros
Too many to mention.
Cons
None that comes to mind.
When you enjoy what you do and the people you work with life at work is easy.
Laboratory Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 27, 2013
I had a lot of opportunities to grow into a team player in many departments within the Hospital. 4

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location