San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital

San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful Hospital to work at
SGMH Associate (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 22, 2015
This lovely little hospital has come a LONG way in the 7 years that I have been here. When I started there was no money but that has all changed. I am not saying that there is money to burn as they are mindful of expenses as any good business, but the perks have really improved as well as the salary rates. The benefits are great, very reasonably priced and the current match on the 403B Retirement plan is awesome! The staff has always been very friendly and supportive and they really care about what they are doing to support the patients in this community.
Pros
Awesome Holiday Party
Have to be friends with the right people!!
Collector (Current Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 19, 2015
Some of the people are a real joy to work while others are not so much. You definitely have to be friends with the right people or kiss the right behind to be treated fairly. Be careful what you say and how you say and who you say it to because it will be twisted and used against you. There is a great deal of favoritism that goes on in every department. The business office is one of the worst places they do anything they want. There is so much drama I'm not sure if I am at work or back in high school most days. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I get to leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad directors, drama, bad coworkers
great place to work. Good doctors, great nurses. rewarding at times.
Unit Secretary, LVN Medical (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 7, 2015
Great experience, enjoyed most co-workers and doctors, Very stressful at tiimes, very high demanding, but for the most part it was very rewarding.
Productive and fun place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMarch 5, 2015
Typical night at work were very busy. Dealt with elder customers. Management was great as well as co-workers. Patience is key working as a server. hardest part of the job was closing the restaurant.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare
Great externship experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Lead Tech had more than 30 years of experience. Great staff and hospital. Learning experience of which was obtained was very in depth. Being able to be a part of there cardiology department was an an honor.
Pros
much experience to obtain
Wonderful Staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  Banning, CANovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed working with all of my co workers. All team members were devoted to providing excellent patient care for all patients!
Pros
great cafeteria food
Great hospital with caring staff
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAAugust 21, 2014
Very busy community hospital that takes great interest in customer service and ensuring that patron of hospital are satisfied with their care by employees. Emphasis is placed on quality of service provided and employees are encouraged to interact with management in developing new and better ways to make the hospital a premiere establishment.
Caring Employees
Echo Tech Extern (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 21, 2014
Smaller hospital with great employees. New emergency unit still shiny.
Fun place to work even though it was in an ER
LVN Emergency room and float nurse (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMay 16, 2014
Everyday was something new and different. I wish I didn't leave. Great team from the directors to even housekeeping.
Great hospital
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAApril 23, 2014
everything was great. the staff was very friendly. if I had an emergency I would definitely go to this hospital. good management.
Pros
career job
Cons
not enough hours
Small but friendly hospital!
Echosonographer Externship (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Loved going there everyday and working with my instructor. She is a wonderful person and very knowledgeable. The staff there is great and made me feel welcome! I felt like I was part of the team!
Check the hospital infrastructure carefully
Director (Former Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 9, 2013
Nice little hospital, but due to lack of resources, it was difficult to provide quality services in the manner I was accustomed to.
One of the nest place I ever worked at!
ER Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Banning, CASeptember 5, 2013
Great mgmt support, staff works well together and great benefits.
Pros
too many to mention.
Cons
none that comes to mind.
When you enjoy what you do and the people you work with life at work is easy.
Laboratory Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAJuly 27, 2013
I had a lot of opportunities to grow into a team player in many departments within the Hospital. 4
Productive and very informational
Internship (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMarch 12, 2013
this was an externship for my schooling in the medical field. I learned a lot that really helped me.
Pros
very informational
Cons
i didnt get hired on because there were no positions.
ER manager had 3 contacts with me in passing with a negative feedback only. Over worked underpaid. Hostile environment.
LICENCE VOCATIONAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Very unhappy employees with unneeded drama, friendships with management interfered and was very apparent and spoke upon by many. Friends with personal relationships outside of work received perks that included scheduling, overtime and accountability for behavior and or mistakes. Thus made clicks within also very apparent and made for a hostile environment. Unfortunately the hard workers get no positive reinforcement or recognition. The happy and hard workers with positive attitudes are frond upon and treated poorly. There is always conflict with ER Doctors and nurses versus Rapid care PA's and nurses. Typical day is overworked very stressful and at times hostile due to the way people get treated. The best part of working there is that I met some amazing, caring, hard working people who have helped keep the hospital relevant and running. I also learned more skills that I will take and use in my nursing career. I also learned more patience, a lot of politics, and that I wont let a few bad apples and negativity effect my honesty, integrity, excellent customer service and love for my career.
Pros
close to home, growing hospital, and some great coworkers, doctors and house supervisors
Cons
benefits not very good, lvn's are being replaced with rn's, some unprofessional mean people, terrible er manager.
Excellent Hospital
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAOctober 11, 2012
This is an excellent hospital and great place to work as long as you dont mind working with others who do not care about the their preformance or about the hospital.
Pros
great pay, nice hospital
Cons
lazy coworkers
Enjoyable community hopsital to work at
Emergency Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Banning, CAMarch 1, 2012
SGMH offer a fsimily-type work environment for its employees. Although the pay and benefits package is low because of the payor base, the work environment makes the hospital a good employer. Great stiaff and ood physicians in the community.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are lower than most

4.2