San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

It's ok for a beginner job, not career.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
It's a good job for a college student they are flexible with the hours, but minimum wage doesn't help much. The work is easy, help customers get the things they need for class and then check them out. Stock when its slow and fold and arrange the store. Make it look good. When the fall classes start its pretty busy and steady, summer is dead and boring.
Cons
pay
A great place to work very friendly environment
Lead Tutor/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
Is a great place where I learned how to interact with all types of culture. San Jacinto College is a great place to work because it help me expend my knowledge and help me learned new skills such as multitasking, customer service and office work.
Pros
great place
Productive worksplace
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
Working for SJC has been great, I do love my job. I have a great connection with the students and I feel I make a difference in their lives. There is not much room to grow unless you go back to school, but the hours do not allow much time.
People are great, but the pay is terrible!
Adjunct College Prep Professor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
My co-workers are wonderful for the most part. No one micro-managing which is great. The problem is that adjuncts get paid near poverty level which is a real shame.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, no micro-managing
Cons
The pay is terrible!
A Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
Management is very supportive of initiatives and ideas that directly impacts student success. Provides a great work/balance culture, and the employees and very supportive. Is a great collaborative environment to be in.
Benefits
Very relaxed atmosphere
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
I expected for the typical day at San Jack to be fast and it was quite the opposite. The supervisors were great and weren't micromanaging my decisions which made it a greater place to work.
Challenging
Part Time Administrative Assistatnt (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
Fun place, fast pace environment. very diverse culture of people working here.
Work culture is very professional. Student workers have greate opportunity
A average work environment
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 29, 2017
A typical day as an orientation leader was to get materials prepared to provide for students and thereafter lead them around the college
campus grounds.
Pros
Your own schedule
Cons
Not much work days
Great people to work with
history professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
I really enjoy working here; the faculty used to be pretty supportive, but not so much recently; little chance of advancement without a PhD; also the South campus does not really have a workplace for adjuncts
Pros
Great people
Cons
No place to work privately
Great place to work with fabulous people
Coordinator of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2017
While the environment is a great place to work, it's truly the people that make SJC a remarkable place to work. There is a true sense that you as an individual matter, and what you are doing serves a purpose.
Pros
the people
Great Job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
It was nice working there. I got all of the support that I needed from all team members, including department chair. I was immediately assigned a mentor to help me with so much that was needed. I only wish that I had been offered a full time position.
A great place to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at San Jacinto. I worked two days a week teaching entry/remedial level mathematics classes. I enjoy my students and the faculty with which I work. I have learned that this is a level that challenges me to reach each student to help them to retain and become excited about mathematics. The hardest part of my job will be leaving.
My reason for leaving is to locate with family in the Aiken area.
Bad place to work.
Adjunct Medical Imaging Instructor (Former Employee) –  CentralMarch 23, 2017
No benefits. Adjunct instructors treated poorly. Students were informed more than the adjunct instructors. Co-workers were backstabbers. Would NEVER go back.
Pros
Hours and time off.
Cons
No benefits, no sick time, no vacation time, no say in anything
Awesone team!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I worked as an office administrator assistant, and was part of an amazing team. Well we were more than a team we were family.
Warm supportive work environment
teachers, and Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Everyone is a team player and work together to make sure the children are safe while receiving an awesome learning experience. Everyone strives to make each other better for the greater good and they embrace individual differences among the children, parents, and workers.
Pros
Like being at home.
Cons
addictive work environment.
Loved this job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 25, 2017
It was a great team to work with and I looked forward to coming to work. I started as an assistant to classroom instructors and worked my way up to classroom instructor. My favorite part of the job was precepting students in the hospital setting. Watching them learn and achieve was awesome.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Worked nights and weekends
Simple and Easy
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77089December 15, 2016
The work is simple and easy to learn. It was always enjoyable helping professors and assist in student learning. Working with chemicals and having the freedom to work without supervision makes it more enjoyable.
I thoroughly enjoy working at San Jacinto College
Information Technology Student Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 9, 2016
I am currently working as a federal work study in the IT lab. I have had the privilege to work on several different computers with problems ranging from hardware to software type issues. My co-workers made doing my job a pleasure and their input helped as well. The hardest part of the job is that it is not permanent because it is federal work study. The best part of working at San Jacinto college are the people that are working there, they make each day enjoyable, each doing their part proficiently and professionally helping to enhance one another.
school experience
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2016
I cannot give a work review because I did my clinical's through here. It was great experience for what I had. I got my priviouse job through my clinicals.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
not a job
Teaching
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2016
Teaching is a great experience, I always find out that I learn something new each semester I teach. It is also very fulfilling to see the "light go off" when one of my students learns something new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jacinto College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4