San Jacinto Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

wonderful place for internship.
ultrasound internship (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 17, 2016
I learn a lot from ultrasound on my internship. It was great experience. everybody there were willing to help me. Including my supervisor . The hardest part of this job was that it was my internship and i was gaining my knowledge and experience in ultrasound.
Horrible management
Floor Technician/ trash technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 17, 2015
The CEO has no respect for others, does not know how to talk to employees he's just disrespectful life we have to bow down to him cause he's the CEO. I don't have nothing nice to say about him.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no 15 min breaks
Great Place to Work
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 24, 2015
San Jacinto Methodist is a great place to work. It provided state good experience with state of the art equipment. They provided great benefits along with friendly staff.
Pros
great people and equipment
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement
food service team leader
dietary team leader (Former Employee) –  Baytown ,TxAugust 31, 2015
Enjoy working and learning about the different diets.My time on the job I learned about the patients,diet,got to meet new people,and most important I got an opportunity to receive my ServSafe and ServSafe Instructor Certificate.So with that being said, I utilized all tools that were put in place for my advancements.San Jacinto Methodist Hospital is a great place to work.
Pros
discount on meal, Pto hours, Benifits
Cons
foodservice/hospital
Friendly people
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TxJuly 27, 2015
Assisting patients in filling out financial assistance information to assist in paying their hospital visit. Maintaining patient logs. Meeting required quota for non-profit write offs.
Pros
Good working envrionment
loved my patients
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 30, 2015
loved working side by side with the doctors and nurses to take care of the patients, great benefits and a great place to work. I worked ICU so at times it could be overwhelming but my co-workers and I always found a way to get through the day
I was a travel nurse
Air way management (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 25, 2015
I had a very good rapport with the staff and was able to get work as often as I needed. I was able to work in most areas of the hospitals and was able learn a great deal.
Pros
great salary
Cons
Great opportunity to manage and develop clinical programs
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 18, 2015
This was a great opportunity to develop clinical programs and work with all areas of a hospital. I contributed to the growth of the pharmacy department and it's contribution to the health and clinical outcomes of patients.

My manager was great and very supportive. Each day was different and challenging. I helped to develop a much better understanding of other departments and helped in everyone working together instead of only looking at their own needs.
Pros
Good place to grow and develop
Cons
Limited opportunity for professional growth
Wonderful place to work
Certified respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 18, 2014
Flexible schedule, great benefits, growth opportunities. I rotated each week between the ER, ICU, SICU, special procedures and floor therapy. This was a great learning experience for me. I was able to learn every single department.
Pros
Self Scheduling
Cons
60 mile commute
Customer Service Driven
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Customer Service is extremely important to this company! the customer service aspect is spread throughout the company.
Unit Coordinator - ICU/IMCU/SICU (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 19, 2014
extremely fast pace
devotion
management cares
wonderful team of co-workers
not sleeping during the day( worked nights)
the team work
Certified Nursing Assistant
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto Methodist HospitalApril 14, 2014
Enjoyed working in an inpatient setting taking care of patients with their daily activities.
Assisting patients before and after surgery
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 13, 2014
Assisting patients with chemotherapy, blood, platelets and minor surgeries
Pros
great hospital
Cons
some bad employess
Very Unprofessional
Dietary Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TxJanuary 31, 2014
From the moment I walked through the door on my first day, those "company values" that are drilled into you in every meeting and orientation you have to go to before you can start, got thrown right out the window. I had people literally trying to run me off, and management didn't seem to care. Benefits were more than my paycheck and I had absolutely no room for advancement.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of nice people.
Cons
the job
Always thriving to do better!
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  NCPJanuary 2, 2014
A great place to learn. Flexibility and benefits are a plus!
Great atmosphere
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 8, 2013
Staff is very friendly, but I was not pleased with the supervisors decision on my placement.
terrible supervisors
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  baytown,txSeptember 30, 2013
managers-belittling back bitting rude and unfair. most co-workers are fair and easy to get along with
Cons
12 hour shifts without lunches or breaks
Great place to work... I love anything in the medical field
Emergency Room - PART TIME - Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I only worked here a short time since I was working my full time job during the day at a Construction company. I worked evenings from 6-10 or 11 pm. I loved meeting new people. Helping them, if possible, in understanding their insurance coverage, etc. SJMH has a very thorough training program and they care about their employees.
Helpful Coworkers
LVN (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 1, 2013
Management needs improvement.
Budget issues requires more attention
Pros
Job security
Cons
scheduling conflicts
Co-workers and environment like family.
Unit Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 20, 2013
It was a wonderful place to work, I loved my job for 17yrs. The management was good and were usually available to listen to concerns or suggestions. The hardest part of the job was when we lost a patient. Sad to deal with the families. It was a wonderfully challenging position that I could handle and enjoyed. I was almost always busy which I preferred because it made the day go faster. I am very detail oriented and organized and that helped to make things run more smoothly. I would always go out of my way for my co-workers, physicians and patients to do whatever they needed done.
Pros
The friends I made. Birthday parties, etc...
Cons
I lost my job after 17 years due to an unexpected illness, I applied for over 2 years for every position in the hospital but was not considered for even one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

San Jacinto Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location