San Jacinto Methodist Hospital

San Jacinto Methodist Hospital Employer Reviews

Certified Nursing Assistant
Assist patients (Former Employee), San Jacinto Methodist HospitalApril 14, 2014
Enjoyed working in an inpatient setting taking care of patients with their daily activities.
Assisting patients before and after surgery
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: great hospital
Cons: some bad employess
Assisting patients with chemotherapy, blood, platelets and minor surgeries
Very Unprofessional
Dietary Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Baytown, TxJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: you get to meet a lot of nice people.
Cons: the job
From the moment I walked through the door on my first day, those "company values" that are drilled into you in every meeting and orientation you have to go to before you can start, got thrown right out the window. I had people literally trying to run me off, and management didn't seem to care. Benefits were more than my paycheck and I had absolutely – more... no room for advancement. – less
Always thriving to do better!
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), NCPJanuary 2, 2014
A great place to learn. Flexibility and benefits are a plus!
Great atmosphere
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Baytown, TXOctober 8, 2013
Staff is very friendly, but I was not pleased with the supervisors decision on my placement.
terrible supervisors
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), baytown,txSeptember 30, 2013
Cons: 12 hour shifts without lunches or breaks
managers-belittling back bitting rude and unfair. most co-workers are fair and easy to get along with
Great place to work... I love anything in the medical field
Emergency Room - PART TIME - Patient Access (Former Employee), Baytown, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I only worked here a short time since I was working my full time job during the day at a Construction company. I worked evenings from 6-10 or 11 pm. I loved meeting new people. Helping them, if possible, in understanding their insurance coverage, etc. SJMH has a very thorough training program and they care about their employees.
Helpful Coworkers
LVN (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: scheduling conflicts
Management needs improvement.
Budget issues requires more attention
Co-workers and environment like family.
Unit Coordinator II (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJuly 20, 2013
Pros: the friends i made. birthday parties, etc...
Cons: i lost my job after 17 years due to an unexpected illness, i applied for over 2 years for every position in the hospital but was not considered for even one.
It was a wonderful place to work, I loved my job for 17yrs. The management was good and were usually available to listen to concerns or suggestions. The hardest part of the job was when we lost a patient. Sad to deal with the families. It was a wonderfully challenging position that I could handle and enjoyed. I was almost always busy which I preferred – more... because it made the day go faster. I am very detail oriented and organized and that helped to make things run more smoothly. I would always go out of my way for my co-workers, physicians and patients to do whatever they needed done. – less
Alright place to work
Patient Care Assistant II (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJune 20, 2013
Cons: interrupted break/lunch
It has its ups and downs just like any other place. Didn't like that some nurses didn't help much and expect you to do everything.
A good place to develope as a generalist.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Laboratory/PathologyApril 25, 2013
For such a small hospital, the laboratory is a very busy place that really helps a laboratorian develope their skills in all areas of the laboratory. The Methodist system of hospitals also has an established environment of positive reenforcement.

The laboratory does sometimes need more help and the work to life balance is often not a priority.
Great experience
microbiology medical lab technician (Current Employee), Microbiology lab -Alexander CampusApril 16, 2013
Pros: good team work
Cons: no automatic job placements after decision to consolidate
Very intresting, everyday new findings, as a Microbiology Lab Tech. Learned a lot of microbiology techniques. Experience was good also because there was great team work and collaboration.The hospital decided to close the micro department and consolidate with main facility in the Medical Center.
I enjoy helping people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 10, 2013
A typical day was greeting and meeting new faces. I really enjoyed being a receptionist for San Jacinto Medical.
Department Secretary
NCP Department Secretary (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 6, 2013
Answered phones, scheduled patient and Doctor testing, ordered department supplies, greeted customers, did reports, filing, all clerical duties for administration. Learned about Cardiology, Pulmonology and Neurology. Learned about breathalyzer testing, EEG's, EKG's, stress testing, PFT's and many other testing. The hardest part would be seeing the sick – more... patients that came to our department for testing. The co-workers were part of a team, and it was like a family in our department. – less
A tue culture of pople who love working in healthcare.
Echocardiograph Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2013
Cons: baytown is quite a hike for anyone not living in that area.
I thought it was like a Stepford Hospital, because everyone was so friendly and helpful. I wanted to do an unpaid observership in cardiology there because of the people, and I've been working at San Jac ever since!
good company
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), Baytown, TXMarch 23, 2013
good scheduling
learned to do OT notes properly
able to supervise other OTs and COTAs
very nice co-workers
weekend work
enjoyed the salary
Worked on skilled unit 3-11
Skilled Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: able to get alot of nursing skills
Cons: 3-11 shift during the winter
I would be assigned 10-15 patients, every shift. I was to adminster meds, do wound care, hang IV's, and take care of Hospice patients. Management was not very helpful. They stayed in their office and wouldn't address staff issues. I did enjoy my co-workers we worked well together. The hardest part of that job was to volume of patients.
Job security is sketchy, and advancement is non-existent
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great full time benefits, and bonuses
Cons: job advancement hard to obtain
A typical day at work starts before the sun is up. At four am you are to complete morning labs before doctors get to the patients charts. I have learned a lot about good team work, positive thinking and how to manage time wisely in order to complete multiple tasks on time. My management is not always willing work with their employees and sometimes make – more... it difficult to advance in my area of expertise. My co-workers however, are wonderful people to work with. Always helpful and friendly and never complain about the work load. The hardest part of my job is my supervisor unwilling to help advance and better the employees. Training is always available to those who ask for it, but if you want to move up, forget it. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patient be at ease and make the most of any day I am at work. Whether it is with another employee or with a patient, I am always eager to help. – less
Work with well trained and dedicated nursing staff
Charge Nurse/AdministrativeCoordinator (Current Employee), Baytown, TXDecember 30, 2012
Working in a 12 hour shift with well trained and dedicated staff. Provide high quaulity nursing care. Good work balance and private life.
Needs new management that listens to the staff
RN (Current Employee), Baytown, TexasDecember 13, 2012
Pros: working at community hospital where ilive
Cons: management clueless to the real workings of nursing and caring
Have a great staff to work with. The management seems more worried about moving patients thru the system then the quality of care. All they worry about is scores, not that you just saved a life or that a dying person was alone and you stayed at their bedside. They have taking the caring out of nursing and I don't see that getting any better.

About San Jacinto Methodist Hospital

Methodist Hospital provides care for Houstonians. The not-for-profit organization, also known as Methodist Hospital System, owns – Read more

San Jacinto Methodist Hospital Photos