San Jacinto Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Administration ruins the job
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 19, 2016
The administration in this district is ridiculous. It is run mostly by a couple of families and full of drama. There are few breaks in the day and teachers are inconsistent about expectations. Some teachers sit around chit chatting all day while others expect you to work extremely hard and donate your own time before AND after school. Others refuse to take charge of their classrooms and let their aides treat other people extremely disrespectfully without stepping in or stating expectations. Administration can be mean, and have ruined teachers reputations with lies. Other aides can be very helpful, very sweet, or very lazy or mean. Nobody gets fired, just moved around until they quit.
Pros
Experiences with students
Cons
Drama
productive place to work.
Health clerk substitute (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMay 6, 2016
a typical day at work consist on just give kids their prescription medicine if they need it, the hardest part of the job is watching kids crying or complaining because they don't feel well and not be able to do something.
Professional
Campus Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAJuly 19, 2016
Awesome people to work with. Need to be patient with student and staff. Great environment .If you love kids this job is ideal for you.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Horrible Administration
Special Education Aide (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CANovember 24, 2015
Unfair treatment of employees, favorites are chosen if family works within the district. There is no room for growth or advancement. They hold back your abilities.
I have worked for better district that actually care about their employees.
campus supervisor middle school (Former Employee) –  NMMSAugust 10, 2014
I have watched them fired people for no reason other than they dont like them. Tell them they are stealing from them when they supervisors tell to do what have done and than anothwr employee who is actually stealing from them still work their for years with not even being written up. The are not as friendly as the other reviews talk about. You might have particular sites that some people are friendly towards you but most of them are hiding out and trying to stay low key and not be a target so they dont lose their jobs. They have meeting that waste your valuable time to talk about what you are supposed to be eating for the first half hour. I dont know about you but I am adult and I was hired to do a job and not be told what I will be eating. The diatrict personel treat you like you are beneath them and if you are not in with them you are out of luck for any kind of job advancement. Personel lets the student support person run interviews for hiring and she isnt even professional. She listen to the union president discuss things with members and than uses what was discussed uses against you in the interview instead of taking the fact that is right in front of her. So than you are fighting a rumor you never even heard of. I was on fmla when I learn of my job title was being change so they were making us go thru a guard card training which is about the second training they gave me 2006 until now 2014. In order to keep my job which should been grandfathered in and again the union president sold us out to the district without a warning or protecting us in any way. We were hung to dry.  more... We had to go thru the training and than pay to be refingerprinted again and get the card which ran about 100.00. Than go thru that test and pass and than go thru the district test and an interview. Which consisted of 13 people which 3 of them were students that we deal with everyvday. So they now have invaded my personal privacy and when it was all over they went to the various schools and said we were all getting fired. And the district did nothing to them. They had done the same thing to the librarians and they had 20 people on their panel. This was over kill and not necessary. The district is contastantly wasting money on things for them like changing they job title so they can increase their salaries. Which some of us havent had raises in years. If you want to work for a distict that is prejudice and narrow minded and doesnt care of what happens afrer you have worked long hours most of it for free and donationed items to the students on a number of times without knowledgment because you cared and had excellent job evaluations and still was told you dont quaifiy for the job, you been doing for the last 19 years. And a company that will makeup rumors and use them against in an interview and you have no idea about it until you ask why. They change job desription everyother week to fit their needs without being approved by the union. Go ahead and work for them. You will find out very quickly if they dont like you. You will be miserable.  less
Pros
some people are very nice to work with.
Cons
watch your back all the time. and who you talk to; because somebody is already doing it, and reporting on you...
Monte Vista Middle school is a terrible place to work, the other schools are good
special education aide (Former Employee) –  many schools throughout districtApril 28, 2014
Special education aide subs are not given any training prior to starting. NEVER, under any circumstance sub at Monte Vista Middle School. I did most of my subbing there and it was an overall awful experience. The secretary is very rude and will expect that subs know things about their jobs that they were never told. The Principal and assistant Principal are also very rude to staff and students. For example, I was yelled at by the asst. Principal for doing what I was told by the secretary. He told me I wasn't doing my job correctly then could not actually tell me what I should be doing instead (because he nor the Principal knew). Very Frustrating, and if you say anything about the the way you are being treated or bring up any concerns, you WILL be BLACKLISTED and never called on again! However, I've subbed at other schools and my work days went pretty well, I enjoyed my day; kids and staff were great. My biggest complaint overall is being thrown into jobs with little direction and having to figure it all out as you go.
Pros
helping kids
Cons
no job security, no training, long periods of time with no work
Productive place to work
Substitute Preschool Aide (Current Employee) –  san jacinto, CAMay 8, 2015
This is a great district to work for. All of the teachers are great with their students getting them motivated to learn and willing to collaborate with other staff members and their students families.
Pros
Great co workers and students
Cons
as a subsititue some jobs are last minute
Love working with people
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS AIDE (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMay 2, 2015
I enjoy working with people and children, I help teach lessons, tutor students, grade papers and assist in many different aspects expected in a classroom.
Pros
I enjoy helping children
Cons
Its difficult seeing underprivileged children go without basic necessitates.
Innovative school district with great faculty and staff.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAJune 26, 2014
I would typically receive a call either the night before or in the early morning. I would have the opportunity to turn the job down or accept it and report for work. Each day was usually a different class and grade level. The variation between the different schools and subjects made every day feel like an adventure, and working with the kids was usually fun and challenging. We substitute teachers tend to work independently, however; all the ones I have had a chance to converse with have been good down to earth people with pleasant dispositions. The hardest part of the job for me is working with children in Kindergarten and First Grade. At those levels it is more like herding cats than teaching, especially since the kids that young need time to adapt to new authority figures. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have an opportunity to illuminate something for a student which allows them to attain a greater understanding of everything they know.
Pros
very flexible, emotionally rewarding, good people.
Cons
emotionally draining, defiant children.
Very fun and friendly workplace.
Substitute Nutrition Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAOctober 8, 2012
There really ain't any typical days at this workplace. Sometimes you will start the day off by packaging breakfast meals, working on the assembly line making combo meals, assisting the head baker in the bakery area, washing dishes and any other utensils in the back, etc. During my time working here I was able to learn how to operate and disassemble certain machinery, how to prepare certain foods, how to properly package goods, and a few other things. I worked with very wonderful people who made me feel right at home. Never had any problems with anybody there during the time I worked there. One of the hardest parts of the job was when I had to work on the assembly line. You had to be quick with your hands in order for things to move smoothly or else you will slow everyone down. That also applied with any other task you were given. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped to provide a meal for a hungry student.
Pros
free lunches, good health coverage, good work environment.
Cons
you get paid monthly, not many work hours available sometimes
Enjoy working with kids
Campus Supervisor/Instructional Aide-Substitute (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CADecember 15, 2012
Great district, currently on call when they need me to go in they call me. Some schools call me directly instead of putting the job on Subfinder.
Pros
everything
It was great working with students of all ages.
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 20, 2012
I really had a great time working with San Jacinto School District. The parents and staff were fun to work with.
Great job working with children
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAJune 22, 2014
Great staff. Well organized planning. Plenty activities for all children.
fun work place
substitute LVN (Current Employee) –  san jacinto caMay 10, 2014
great company fun to work with staff and learning is permitted in all areas

2.9