San Joaquin Community Hospital

San Joaquin Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient financial services
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I worked for the company for 10years in the business office. Director, supervisor and leads are very rude and discrental to their employees. Office moral is horrible. Would not recommend working in that department.
Enthusiastic, works great underpressure, fast learner, professional, leadership skills.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 15, 2017
When I go to work I'm focused on assisting my clients/customer. I come with a smile to do my best in a professional environment. I always leave any non-work related issues outside of the work place. I value my job and I always work hard to pursue more in life. I have good judgement, on how to handle out of control situations. I have great management skills and still eager to learn more!
A typical day at work
Courier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 15, 2017
They gave you too much on your work load and expected you to finish by the time to clock out with no overtime. Sometimes management was unfair depending what department you worked in. awesome benefits though
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
too much on work load, short breaks
good
Pharmacy techni/ Medication reconciliation tech (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 16, 2017
good job,
good pay,
good place to work,
coworkers ok,
management ok.
hardest part differences in shifts and the requirement to switch off.
Great place to work!
Care Coordinator/Lead medical assitant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 29, 2016
Everyone is friendly, never real feels like work. Great work environment. All tools are provided to perform your work.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Dont really have none
In my experiance everyone always fun and caring.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 26, 2016
I would get there and begin work unstressed. There was always enough to keep busy start to finish. Many of the assignments given to me I already had a knowledge of but as we know everything in health information has some sort of learning experience. My co-worker were always happy to help me with any concerns. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Directly across the street from public transit. Awsome!
Cons
Only one was that there was a lot of construction going on at the time.
Good enviroment to work.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 13, 2016
We work as a team and we put the care of patients first. Committed to the safety and well being of the patients.
We get the job done and do everything to save the lives of the patients.
Great HR Dept
Dept. Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2016
HR staff is a good group to work with. Very busy with over 2100 employees and company continues to grow. Managers are knowledgeable.
Pros
Good people
Cons
30 minute lunches
Uphold the value of "Sacred Work". Work as one big family.
OR Nurse / CP Tech. (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 8, 2016
They uphold their values of "Sacred Work" not only to patient but for everyone including to their employee. I was once a an employee of San Joaquin Community Hospital (surgery department), and i can't forget the sense of belonging, support and help of all the staff and management given me during my hardtimes, and they work not only as a team but as a family, really fun place to work, if given another chance, i'll be happy and honor again to join and work as part of the team at San Joaquin Community Hospital.
Nice place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 9, 2016
Very fast paced place to work everyone is willing to help out. there is a lot of moving around and making sure everything is in order.
A good place to work
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 29, 2016
This hospital is very busy and popular among the local area. It is the preferred hospital to come to when in need of stroke and cardiovascular care. They are up and coming in a lot of new technologies.
fun work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 14, 2016
good place to work easy work keeps you busy all day enough work to the past the time great co workers an people to work with and feels like a family place
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Excellent core values!
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 30, 2015
It's a busy place, but there is always improvement going on. SJCH appreciates their employees and are always striving to create a better place for employment and healing.
Pros
No overtime allowed, up-to-date equipment, caring appreciative management are always striving to improve conditions for workers and patients.
Cons
Benefits are less than desirable (hearsay).
Fantastic occupatin, amazing experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 16, 2015
all of my co- workers were fantastic and diligent in there work such as myself I loved going every week and left with a smile on my face at the end of every shift.
a typical day at San Joaquin
Staff Nurse on Med (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at SJCH is one that is generally stressful. It is usually almost impossible to get a break. Most of the staff there are usually very friendly. Like anywhere else it is not perfect. There is really room for this hospital to become an exceptionally great place to work and I think it will with a change in culture. Have not been there long enough to say more.
Pros
It is a hospital where God is acknowledge - that is a great thing for me.
Cons
not sure what those are yet
very productive
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2015
great place to work but home life is changing. in healthcare you never know what you're walking into. if you're slow, they can send you home if you would like or if busy, they can call you in for overtime
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no crossover training
Radiologist Practitioner Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2015
SJCH is a great place to work and offer a chance to grow in the field. The professional staff is always great to work with, also.
Pros
pay
Cons
Great job with amazing people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed my position at SJCH greatly. They have a culture of "Sacred Work" that is not just spoken, it is actually embodied in the wonderful people that work there. I felt valued and appreciated; a part of a team. I would have worked there indefinitely, but the call of my family was stronger! (I relocated to Northern California to be close to my father, who recently had a serious illness)

One thing that I will say is that the high expectations placed on leadership results in grueling schedules with little downtime, resulting in a rather high turnover in leadership over the past several years. These folks work really hard!! I hope that this changes and they can find more balance.
Pros
Accountability, ethics, benefits
Cons
Burnout for upper level management
San Joaquin Community Hospital
Nurse Supervisor / Transfer Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2015
I like the people I work for and work with, but the work culture is resistant to change to the trends of the Community. I have encountered many of the Charge Nurses and Shift Leader that are not implementing the changes of the Corporate Leaders. They are taking a wait and see approach or if it is not broken "why fix it" mentality.
Fun, good learning oppurtunity
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 20, 2015
I was just a volunteer during high school at this hospital and it is what made me want to get into the medical field. Worked in the ER and the front..learned all about the computers and systems used
Pros
Great education
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2