San Joaquin Community Hospital

San Joaquin Community Hospital Employee Reviews

fun work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 14, 2016
good place to work easy work keeps you busy all day enough work to the past the time great co workers an people to work with and feels like a family place
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Excellent core values!
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 30, 2015
It's a busy place, but there is always improvement going on. SJCH appreciates their employees and are always striving to create a better place for employment and healing.
Pros
No overtime allowed, up-to-date equipment, caring appreciative management are always striving to improve conditions for workers and patients.
Cons
Benefits are less than desirable (hearsay).
Fantastic occupatin, amazing experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 16, 2015
all of my co- workers were fantastic and diligent in there work such as myself I loved going every week and left with a smile on my face at the end of every shift.
a typical day at San Joaquin
Staff Nurse on Med (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at SJCH is one that is generally stressful. It is usually almost impossible to get a break. Most of the staff there are usually very friendly. Like anywhere else it is not perfect. There is really room for this hospital to become an exceptionally great place to work and I think it will with a change in culture. Have not been there long enough to say more.
Pros
It is a hospital where God is acknowledge - that is a great thing for me.
Cons
not sure what those are yet
very productive
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2015
great place to work but home life is changing. in healthcare you never know what you're walking into. if you're slow, they can send you home if you would like or if busy, they can call you in for overtime
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no crossover training
Radiologist Practitioner Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2015
SJCH is a great place to work and offer a chance to grow in the field. The professional staff is always great to work with, also.
Pros
pay
Cons
Great job with amazing people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed my position at SJCH greatly. They have a culture of "Sacred Work" that is not just spoken, it is actually embodied in the wonderful people that work there. I felt valued and appreciated; a part of a team. I would have worked there indefinitely, but the call of my family was stronger! (I relocated to Northern California to be close to my father, who recently had a serious illness)

One thing that I will say is that the high expectations placed on leadership results in grueling schedules with little downtime, resulting in a rather high turnover in leadership over the past several years. These folks work really hard!! I hope that this changes and they can find more balance.
Pros
Accountability, ethics, benefits
Cons
Burnout for upper level management
San Joaquin Community Hospital
Nurse Supervisor / Transfer Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 29, 2015
I like the people I work for and work with, but the work culture is resistant to change to the trends of the Community. I have encountered many of the Charge Nurses and Shift Leader that are not implementing the changes of the Corporate Leaders. They are taking a wait and see approach or if it is not broken "why fix it" mentality.
Fun, good learning oppurtunity
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 20, 2015
I was just a volunteer during high school at this hospital and it is what made me want to get into the medical field. Worked in the ER and the front..learned all about the computers and systems used
Pros
Great education
Cons
not enough hours
San Joaquin Hospital
REGISTRATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 12, 2015
Enjoy working with a great group of hardworking and dedicated individuals to provide excellent patient care to those suffering.
Not a bad
staff thearapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
It has been over 20 years since I worked here so I would have to pass on reviewing this hospital. I don't have any "Bad memories" about working here, but I am sure things have changed
Pros
Nothing special
Cons
too long agao to review
Needs Improvenment
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 26, 2015
The management needed improvement, and the employees were very self righteous. Everybody was more concerned with their needs instead of what our patients needed.
Great Work Environment with a Supportive Staff
Foundation Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2015
- My Manager acted as an amazing mentor, who was eager to teach and super helpful.
- The Hospital community is super supportive.
- I enjoyed seeing the impact the hospital had on the community on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Leadership, Lots to Learn, Surrounded by Positive People
Cons
Difficult to Move Up in the Company
loved it
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bakerfiels,caMarch 22, 2015
great place to work at. easy paced. everyone is very nice and caring. management is very easy going. Everyone is very passionate about their job which makes it a great place to work in
Patients are amazing
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2015
Working with the patients was always wonderful, but the staff in the cafeteria they treat you like your not valuable to them.
Pros
no overnights
Cons
no benefits
Nice to work with but at times, not too compensated
Staff Nurse Medical-Surgical Floor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 3, 2015
Routine hospital care with very close knitted family and pleasant environment to work with. Time management, pleasant working environment with friendly staff with good support from staff. Hardest part of the job, when overwhelmed with admissions in a 12 H shift. Most pleasant and enjoyable part--when you gave your outmost "best" with good compliments from both staff and patients; the feeling of satisfaction in the job.
Pros
homely environment to work
Cons
new set of admininstration that does not value the importance of loyalty and care
Healthcare for the right reasons
Director of Outpatient Imaging (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 3, 2014
As the outpatient radiology director, my day consists of monitoring the key metrics such as productivity, overtime, supply costs, etc. The administrative and leadership teams of the hospital possess the heart for service.
The hardest part of the job is the pace of change. I would like to make positive changes on behalf of the patient but the cadence is not as fast as I would prefer.

The most enjoyable part is when we are able to make lasting positive changes that create a terrific patient experience.
Enjoyable work environment.
DMS Student (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2014
As a student at San Joaquin Community Hospital, I was given opportunity to learn patient care and scanning techniques. My time here was enjoyable.
Fun
VOLUNTEER EXPERINCE (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 22, 2014
. Helping at front desk.
. It was a volunteer work
. Helping patients was fun
. Enjoyable
Led the Human Resources Division to a center of excellence
Executive Dir. of Human Resources & Leadership Dev (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2014
• Effectively managed the integration of a 100-employee outpatient clinic, ensuring certifications and compensation plans were in place for all new hires within five weeks.
• Met 100% of compliance requirements with two external surveys: The Joint Commission (TJC) and CMS, through the implementation of quality processes and effective communication.
• Delivered $440,000 in annual savings by reviewing, proposing and implementing changes in healthcare and dental plans, eliminating an underperforming plan.
• Reduced workers’ compensation costs $389,000, a 70% reduction from the previous year, by analyzing claims and adjusting vendor contracts.
• Created the Center for Management and Leadership Excellence, a leadership training institute.
• Spearheaded and collaborated in the development and deployment of the Living Our Values campaign.
• Led implementation of a Performance Management System, SuccessFactors.
• HRIS/ERP: AS400, SuccessFactors.
Pros
the impact made and positive changes in the organizational culture

4.2