San Joaquin Community Hospital

San Joaquin Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun, good learning oppurtunity
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great education
Cons: not enough hours
I was just a volunteer during high school at this hospital and it is what made me want to get into the medical field. Worked in the ER and the front..learned all about the computers and systems used
San Joaquin Hospital
REGISTRATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 12, 2015
Enjoy working with a great group of hardworking and dedicated individuals to provide excellent patient care to those suffering.
Not a bad
staff thearapist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Nothing special
Cons: too long agao to review
It has been over 20 years since I worked here so I would have to pass on reviewing this hospital. I don't have any "Bad memories" about working here, but I am sure things have changed
Needs Improvenment
Registration Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 26, 2015
The management needed improvement, and the employees were very self righteous. Everybody was more concerned with their needs instead of what our patients needed.
Great Work Environment with a Supportive Staff
Foundation Department Coordinator (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great Leadership, Lots to Learn, Surrounded by Positive People
Cons: Difficult to Move Up in the Company
- My Manager acted as an amazing mentor, who was eager to teach and super helpful.
- The Hospital community is super supportive.
- I enjoyed seeing the impact the hospital had on the community on a daily basis.
loved it
Nurse (Former Employee), Bakerfiels,caMarch 22, 2015
great place to work at. easy paced. everyone is very nice and caring. management is very easy going. Everyone is very passionate about their job which makes it a great place to work in
Patients are amazing
Hostess (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: no overnights
Cons: no benefits
Working with the patients was always wonderful, but the staff in the cafeteria they treat you like your not valuable to them.
Nice to work with but at times, not too compensated
Staff Nurse Medical-Surgical Floor (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: homely environment to work
Cons: new set of admininstration that does not value the importance of loyalty and care
Routine hospital care with very close knitted family and pleasant environment to work with. Time management, pleasant working environment with friendly staff with good support from staff. Hardest part of the job, when overwhelmed with admissions in a 12 H shift. Most pleasant and enjoyable part--when you gave your outmost "best" with good compliments from both staff and patients; the feeling of satisfaction in the job.
Healthcare for the right reasons
Director of Outpatient Imaging (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 3, 2014
As the outpatient radiology director, my day consists of monitoring the key metrics such as productivity, overtime, supply costs, etc. The administrative and leadership teams of the hospital possess the heart for service.
The hardest part of the job is the pace of change. I would like to make positive changes on behalf of the patient but the cadence is not as fast as I would prefer.

The most enjoyable part is when we are able to make lasting positive changes that create a terrific patient experience.
Enjoyable work environment.
DMS Student (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2014
As a student at San Joaquin Community Hospital, I was given opportunity to learn patient care and scanning techniques. My time here was enjoyable.
Fun
VOLUNTEER EXPERINCE (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 22, 2014
. Helping at front desk.
. It was a volunteer work
. Helping patients was fun
. Enjoyable
Led the Human Resources Division to a center of excellence
Executive Dir. of Human Resources & Leadership Dev (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the impact made and positive changes in the organizational culture
• Effectively managed the integration of a 100-employee outpatient clinic, ensuring certifications and compensation plans were in place for all new hires within five weeks.
• Met 100% of compliance requirements with two external surveys: The Joint Commission (TJC) and CMS, through the implementation of quality processes and effective communication.
• Delivered $440,000 in annual savings by reviewing, proposing and implementing changes in healthcare and dental plans, eliminating an underperforming plan.
• Reduced workers’ compensation costs $389,000, a 70% reduction from the previous year, by analyzing claims and adjusting vendor contracts.
• Created the Center for Management and Leadership Excellence, a leadership training institute.
• Spearheaded and collaborated in the development and deployment of the Living Our Values campaign.
• Led implementation of a Performance Management System, SuccessFactors.
• HRIS/ERP: AS400, SuccessFactors.
Fun workplace with the best co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2014
I've been at this hospital for years and I can say that I enjoy it here. My co-workers are great, my boss is approachable and kind. Although some days are "busy' and 'toxic', at the end of the day, I will go home knowing that I made a difference in someone's life whether it be an elderly, a child, an adult, or even inmates (we do get them too). And wherever I may be I will surely be proud of what I have become because of what I learned working in this hospital.
Fast pace and Professional
Ultrasound Technologist Externship (Former Employee), Bakrsfield, CAJune 4, 2014
I loved my externship experience at SJCH. I got to learn and perform so many different skills. Everyone was friendly and professional.
a productive and a fun place to work at
auditor (Current Employee), bakersfield californiaMay 15, 2014
Pros: got a job
Cons: not having a job
nice place to work at
you learn about working with patients, chart prep, validation, quilty control,
i manage the charts , getting validation done, qc done and put into the computer
i work well with everybody, help them when needed
the hardest thing about the job is getting the charts from the nurses
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and co worker
A great foundation for anyone in the medical field
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: works with schedule, great employee morale
Cons: heavy patient to provider ratio
I came to the hospital from a nursing home that had a mundane work routine that didn't offer much room to learn new things. At SJCH there is plenty to learn and each department offers new challenges.
Very nice hospital to work for.
Registration and Billing (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 12, 2014
I enjoyed working here they have a lot of great employees and a very positive atmosphere. The benefits are great!
Fun and educational
OB Technician (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I learned so much from my coworkers, it is an ever changing environment
Growing hospital that turned around it quality of care and reputation.
DIRECTOR OF CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION LAB (Former Employee), Cardiac Catheterization LabFebruary 6, 2014
Like working with a visionary leadership team that worked to grow the hospital and provide a good place to work.
Very Busy ER
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2014
One of the best hospitals in Kern County if not the best
People are very friendly
Very by the book kind of hospital
Headquarters