San Joaquin County

San Joaquin County Employee Reviews

Excellent
Physical Education Instructor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: A new adventure everyday
This job really had me doing the things I love most. Training individuals in physical activity skills. At the end of the day I felt like I had really left something of value with my students.
Excellent workplace
Teachers Aid (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 6, 2015
I love working with County Office Of Education. They always have good job openings. Always expecting something different since its a temp employment or covering positions for employees going out on vacations.
Mild work environment
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2015
I work pretty much on my own without supervision. My supervisor works during the day, but there are shift managers there at night, I know my job, so when I come in I gather up my paperwork that I need to start my work. The work environment is fairly mild.

The hardest part of the job is when we have to come in during the day, which is our sleep time for certain classes that we have to take to be in compliance with the state.
Good workplace with good people
Poll Worker for 2012 presidential election (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: fun and enjoyable environment
Cons: short break
As a poll worker for the presidential election we would check every ones i.d in order for them to vote. The management and my co-workers were all great people to be around. The hardest part was at times it would get extremely busy .The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of different people.
Enjoyed teaching and making the department safe for patient care.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Main hospitalAugust 25, 2014
Pros: pension
Cons: inappropriate management
Worked here long enough to know it wasn't worth me leaving my permanent position else where. Never saw my boss. Some people are nice but many are not appropriate. They don't up hold standards for everyone. Being bullied by management is the norm there.
Very stressful but not because of the job
Mental Health Clinician I (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 18, 2014
Pros: good pay and retirement. great field of work.
Cons: very poor management. bullies, using public humiliation, ridicule as tools, holding the 1 year probation over the head of the employee as a manner to gain compliance.
The culture at SJC BHS is very closed, there is little support, no job training, and very high expectations for desired outcomes despite having little control of the circumstances. Highly political position causing heated debate and power struggles between BHS and the court system.
Overall nice working environment
Clinical Research Related Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Stockton CANovember 6, 2013
Overall nice working environment.
Old county largest in central CA
Highway repair and reconstruction
Road Maintenance (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 5, 2013
I would get various assignments for the day from the superintendent. The assignment will detail which crew that I will be working with; in example Road reconstruct, Tree crew, Flood crew, Levies, et cetra. I learned how to operate heavy equipment like backhoe, steam roller, dump truck, water truck. My co-workers were very helpful and their attitude was very colorful. the hardest part of the job would be working in the heat of the summer and the wet of the winter. The enjoyable part of the job was honest work for a honest pay.
work
Poll Worker (Inspector) - Seasonal (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 23, 2013
things sometimes could be easy at times hard . i am very responsible and dependable and i am all about making customers happy .
Great experience
Office Engineer, Capital Projects (Former Employee), Stockton, CaMay 29, 2013
The staff is very helpful and accomidating to your school schedule.
Busy office
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), French Camp, CA/ Stockton, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: managers had their favorites.
Worked in several locations the best position was as an office worker in the hospital. I left this position to become a full time employee instead of part time. Working in the Vital Statistic office was not an easy job. I was doing proofreading of Birth and Death Certificates. The worst thing is your supervisor telling another employee to train. The employee did not feel it was her job to train me and let me know.
High stress job
Legal Tech II (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful
Worked with Attorneys and Court staff. High stress, very fast pace job.
stock clerk
Stock Clerk 1 and Laborer, Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: making money from my family
warehouse setting, load and unload trucks, order selector, forklift driver, supervised 10-15 employees, inventory, delivered materials to voter polls, collect ballots, stock boxes and supplies over 20-60 lbs always used excellent customer service skills. I supervised over 15 employees. I love working with my co workers they were all friendly never no problems. The hardest part was not enough time to expend there. I loved working there and enjoyed every part of that place.
Ther job was a customer service job I would help the customer registar to vote and give a little bit more information about when was the deadline to v
Election technician (Former Employee), Stockton CaSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: i got to learn new things everyday.
Cons: the job was a temp
A typical day at I would answer phone call the closer to the election day the more busy it would get. I got educated more about election and what is the process about voting, I loved getting to know new people and how I learn new thing they would teach me. the most enjoyable thing about the job is how i can help the voters and how they would walked away happy.
Productive and full of experience place
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), StocktonMay 31, 2012
Pros: good coaching and advise available
Cons: long term benifits inadequate
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and met deadlines. Worked flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends as needed.Work friendly envirnment
Productive and good learning enviorment
Department Information Systems Specialist II (Former Employee), French Camp, CaMay 2, 2012
I enjoyed working for this employer alot of room for moving up and benefites were great.

San Joaquin County Salaries