San Joaquin County Employee Reviews

Employment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Child Protective Services.February 15, 2017
I received valuable training and received my Bachelor Degree while employed. I worked independently and when my work was completed, I would assist some of my coworkers. My supervisor would give me extra responsibilities.
Pros
Great co-workers, supervisors..
Cons
Not enough time or workers.
Rewarding, and humbling experiance
Instuctional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJanuary 16, 2017
My day was spent assisting methodically disables evidentiary of the day in a regular classroom with local students and a small part of the day in the special ed classroom. I also assisted my student with personal needs. ie, restroom cafeteria recess the hardest part of my job was when my student graduated and moved on to another campus. The best part of my job was watching my student achieve his goals and move up to another campus. I guess you could say that I was proud of every accomplishment my student achieved. I enjoyed my work and cared deeply for my student. We became very close
Pros
Watching my Student succeed
Cons
Watching my student move on in his education at another campus
Good job,. Job security. Good Benefits.
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Joaquin County, CADecember 8, 2016
I have never "hated" my job however at times it can be stressful. I do feel that employees are required to go beyond what their job requires of them. Also sometimes the job feels a little political when it comes to decisions made by certain people.
Pros
Benefits, Steady job, room to advance.
Cons
The reputation is bad as in people tend to refer to us "typical county employees" Not in a good way.
Fun way to be involved with the election
Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CADecember 1, 2016
Great way to meet people in your neighborhood and a great way to be involved with the elections of your town and the states. Also there is always great food and its a all around fun day.
Pros
always food
Cons
long day
No comment
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 30, 2016
I do not like to review my previous employers because everyone has a different experience and I would not like to be bias.
great place to work
Inhome Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 7, 2016
Working with the elderly was very rewarding and improved so much of my related skills. company was okay to work for but benefits package wasn't good.
Productive environment and plenty of knowlege growth
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 15, 2016
I liked working for the County, able to work independently, and you have the full support of staff members. The opportunity for growth is bountiful, the medical benefits are wonderful. Always room for advancement and transfer to other departments.
Pros
Medical benefits, growth, great salary
Cons
As usual employees who do not pull their own weight, milking their positions.
Well paying work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Enjoyed the work itself. Did not like the favoritism.
Co workers helpful, assisted when you needed help on an assignment.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
favortism
Decent
Park Maintenance Aide (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Regular full-time schedule, friendly and helpful coworkers.
The only problem was the layoffs with only a few hours notice.

If it was a permanent position it would have been great.
Pros
regular full time hours, ok pay, room to grow
Cons
layoffs
Care Giver
care giver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I took care of a patient who was total care. This Job was split shift and seven days a week. I worked approximately 52 hours a week. never received my W-2 forms. found it extremely hard to even get through to them for proper reporting forms. The process of even reporting my hours was paper and pay was always late. I did not receive over-time nor any days off. the company could not provide me any one to cover my shifts. Over all I was extremely tired all the time and very unsatisfied with the company. But the gentleman that I took care of was very appreciative of my hard work. Which made it some what easier to go back to work every day.
good
social service (Current Employee) –  stocktonAugust 11, 2015
good great company. Love working with diverse people. Great opportunities to grow within the company. People are very friendly and help each other out. They are also very kind.
easy way to make money
Poll Inspecotor (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 25, 2015
its a one day job i have done every time they ask me to. Its easy way to earn extra money. its a long day but its not really busy and you spend most of the time sitting waiting for voters
Excellent
Physical Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 4, 2015
This job really had me doing the things I love most. Training individuals in physical activity skills. At the end of the day I felt like I had really left something of value with my students.
Pros
A new adventure everyday
Excellent workplace
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 6, 2015
I love working with County Office Of Education. They always have good job openings. Always expecting something different since its a temp employment or covering positions for employees going out on vacations.
Mild work environment
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2015
I work pretty much on my own without supervision. My supervisor works during the day, but there are shift managers there at night, I know my job, so when I come in I gather up my paperwork that I need to start my work. The work environment is fairly mild.

The hardest part of the job is when we have to come in during the day, which is our sleep time for certain classes that we have to take to be in compliance with the state.
Good workplace with good people
Poll Worker for 2012 presidential election (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 11, 2015
As a poll worker for the presidential election we would check every ones i.d in order for them to vote. The management and my co-workers were all great people to be around. The hardest part was at times it would get extremely busy .The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of different people.
Pros
fun and enjoyable environment
Cons
short break
Enjoyed teaching and making the department safe for patient care.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalAugust 25, 2014
Worked here long enough to know it wasn't worth me leaving my permanent position else where. Never saw my boss. Some people are nice but many are not appropriate. They don't up hold standards for everyone. Being bullied by management is the norm there.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Inappropriate management
Very stressful but not because of the job
Mental Health Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2014
The culture at SJC BHS is very closed, there is little support, no job training, and very high expectations for desired outcomes despite having little control of the circumstances. Highly political position causing heated debate and power struggles between BHS and the court system.
Pros
Good pay and retirement. Great field of work.
Cons
Very poor management. Bullies, using public humiliation, ridicule as tools, holding the 1 year probation over the head of the employee as a manner to gain compliance.
Overall nice working environment
Clinical Research Related Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton CANovember 6, 2013
Overall nice working environment.
Old county largest in central CA
Highway repair and reconstruction
Road Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 5, 2013
I would get various assignments for the day from the superintendent. The assignment will detail which crew that I will be working with; in example Road reconstruct, Tree crew, Flood crew, Levies, et cetra. I learned how to operate heavy equipment like backhoe, steam roller, dump truck, water truck. My co-workers were very helpful and their attitude was very colorful. the hardest part of the job would be working in the heat of the summer and the wet of the winter. The enjoyable part of the job was honest work for a honest pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin County. Our community is ready to answer.

San Joaquin County Reviews by Location