San Joaquin County Employee Reviews in United States

Care Giver
care giver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I took care of a patient who was total care. This Job was split shift and seven days a week. I worked approximately 52 hours a week. never received my W-2 forms. found it extremely hard to even get through to them for proper reporting forms. The process of even reporting my hours was paper and pay was always late. I did not receive over-time nor any days off. the company could not provide me any one to cover my shifts. Over all I was extremely tired all the time and very unsatisfied with the company. But the gentleman that I took care of was very appreciative of my hard work. Which made it some what easier to go back to work every day.
Decent
Park Maintenance Aide (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Regular full-time schedule, friendly and helpful coworkers.
The only problem was the layoffs with only a few hours notice.

If it was a permanent position it would have been great.
Pros
regular full time hours, ok pay, room to grow
Cons
layoffs
Well paying work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Enjoyed the work itself. Did not like the favoritism.
Co workers helpful, assisted when you needed help on an assignment.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
favortism
Productive and full of experience place
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  StocktonMay 31, 2012
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and met deadlines. Worked flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends as needed.Work friendly envirnment
Pros
good coaching and advise available
Cons
long term benifits inadequate
good
social service (Current Employee) –  stocktonAugust 11, 2015
good great company. Love working with diverse people. Great opportunities to grow within the company. People are very friendly and help each other out. They are also very kind.
easy way to make money
Poll Inspecotor (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 25, 2015
its a one day job i have done every time they ask me to. Its easy way to earn extra money. its a long day but its not really busy and you spend most of the time sitting waiting for voters
High stress job
Legal Tech II (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 28, 2012
Worked with Attorneys and Court staff. High stress, very fast pace job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful
Good workplace with good people
Poll Worker for 2012 presidential election (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 11, 2015
As a poll worker for the presidential election we would check every ones i.d in order for them to vote. The management and my co-workers were all great people to be around. The hardest part was at times it would get extremely busy .The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of different people.
Pros
fun and enjoyable environment
Cons
short break
Excellent
Physical Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 4, 2015
This job really had me doing the things I love most. Training individuals in physical activity skills. At the end of the day I felt like I had really left something of value with my students.
Pros
A new adventure everyday
Very stressful but not because of the job
Mental Health Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2014
The culture at SJC BHS is very closed, there is little support, no job training, and very high expectations for desired outcomes despite having little control of the circumstances. Highly political position causing heated debate and power struggles between BHS and the court system.
Pros
good pay and retirement. great field of work.
Cons
very poor management. bullies, using public humiliation, ridicule as tools, holding the 1 year probation over the head of the employee as a manner to gain compliance.
Mild work environment
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2015
I work pretty much on my own without supervision. My supervisor works during the day, but there are shift managers there at night, I know my job, so when I come in I gather up my paperwork that I need to start my work. The work environment is fairly mild.

The hardest part of the job is when we have to come in during the day, which is our sleep time for certain classes that we have to take to be in compliance with the state.
Excellent workplace
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 6, 2015
I love working with County Office Of Education. They always have good job openings. Always expecting something different since its a temp employment or covering positions for employees going out on vacations.
Enjoyed teaching and making the department safe for patient care.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalAugust 25, 2014
Worked here long enough to know it wasn't worth me leaving my permanent position else where. Never saw my boss. Some people are nice but many are not appropriate. They don't up hold standards for everyone. Being bullied by management is the norm there.
Pros
pension
Cons
inappropriate management
Highway repair and reconstruction
Road Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 5, 2013
I would get various assignments for the day from the superintendent. The assignment will detail which crew that I will be working with; in example Road reconstruct, Tree crew, Flood crew, Levies, et cetra. I learned how to operate heavy equipment like backhoe, steam roller, dump truck, water truck. My co-workers were very helpful and their attitude was very colorful. the hardest part of the job would be working in the heat of the summer and the wet of the winter. The enjoyable part of the job was honest work for a honest pay.
Ther job was a customer service job I would help the customer registar to vote and give a little bit more information about when was the deadline to v
Election technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton CaSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day at I would answer phone call the closer to the election day the more busy it would get. I got educated more about election and what is the process about voting, I loved getting to know new people and how I learn new thing they would teach me. the most enjoyable thing about the job is how i can help the voters and how they would walked away happy.
Pros
i got to learn new things everyday.
Cons
the job was a temp
stock clerk
Stock Clerk 1 and Laborer, Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 21, 2012
warehouse setting, load and unload trucks, order selector, forklift driver, supervised 10-15 employees, inventory, delivered materials to voter polls, collect ballots, stock boxes and supplies over 20-60 lbs always used excellent customer service skills. I supervised over 15 employees. I love working with my co workers they were all friendly never no problems. The hardest part was not enough time to expend there. I loved working there and enjoyed every part of that place.
Pros
making money from my family
Busy office
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CA/ Stockton, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Worked in several locations the best position was as an office worker in the hospital. I left this position to become a full time employee instead of part time. Working in the Vital Statistic office was not an easy job. I was doing proofreading of Birth and Death Certificates. The worst thing is your supervisor telling another employee to train. The employee did not feel it was her job to train me and let me know.
Pros
good pay
Cons
managers had their favorites.
Productive and good learning enviorment
Department Information Systems Specialist II (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CaMay 2, 2012
I enjoyed working for this employer alot of room for moving up and benefites were great.
work
Poll Worker (Inspector) - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 23, 2013
things sometimes could be easy at times hard . i am very responsible and dependable and i am all about making customers happy .
Overall nice working environment
Clinical Research Related Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton CANovember 6, 2013
Overall nice working environment.
Old county largest in central CA