San Joaquin Delta College Employee Reviews

Awesome coworkers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 10, 2017
The Administration and staff are willing to help make each student successful by working together.
Watching a student be successful was an honor and working with Delta employees was a privilege.
The faculty and staff are top-notch. Job security as an adjunct is poor.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 22, 2017
The students are generally hard working. The staff is very helpful. The professors are down to earth but too liberal. You never know if you will get a teaching assignment due to enrollment issues
Fast paced workplace culture
STEM Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 7, 2017
I adapted quickly to the fast pace of the drive-thru and worked with cash registers. I worked together with team members to assemble and handout orders to our guests in both the lobby and drive-thru.
Great environment and people to work with
Clerical Aide/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 24, 2017
Both of my supervisors are amazing, encouraging and very supportive. I learned how to give assessments to clients and how to move them through the process smoothly and efficiently. I also improved my customer service skills by interacting with clients and staff.
Pros
flexible hours, stress-free environment
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 2, 2017
Loved working as well as attending school. There is alot of growth and support which is why I would go back and recommend people to actually seek an oppurtunity.
Typical day
Assist college students (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 25, 2017
I would work in a computer lab and help college students with computer related problems such as how to log in to the computer or print. I would also make sure student were not going on website they were not allowed to go on.
Busy workplace
Administrative Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 20, 2017
I applied at San Joaquin Delta College thinking it was going to be a wise decision on my part. Come to know, it was a mistake. it was not what i was expecting and never thought I will end up being terminated because I did not pass my probation period. I feel I was not given enough time to learn all of the process needed to be able to do the job.
Great Department to work for to gain all around experience!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work includes managing a high volume of phone calls, packing for events and leading campus tours for prospective students. Groups range any where from 1-100 people. The culture and the employees are awesome and always strive to develop each of our skills. The hardest part of the job is talking and walking for a few hours continuously without a break. The best part of the job is the interaction with future students, serving them, answering their questions, and persuading them to go to college.
Pros
New Department, opportunity to gain experience in many different areas!
Cons
Must talk and walk for long periods of time without breaks.
Inspiring and motivating
Adjunct Associate Professor of Drama (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 30, 2017
I am continuously inspired by my students and I feel motivated to be a better professor because of their drive to be better students. I enjoy hearing my students thoughts and opinions.
Great place to work while going to school
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain House, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Working here while going to school has been the best job I have ever had. They are very accommodating to your school schedule. I really enjoyed how much I was able to learn from my job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
monthly pay
Full Time Student
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 7, 2016
Delta College is a fantastic school to continue your education, and I feel that I have improved not only as a student but as a person because of this school.
Pros
Very Active
Cons
Parking
Productive and Great Environment with Motivated Individuals
Volunteer Assistant Throws Coach (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 8, 2016
Great facilities and amazing staff. Definitely a great place to intern at if you are looking to gain experience in coaching different sporting events. The staff is very helpful.
Outstanding community college
Adjunct Associate Professor In English (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2016
Outstanding leadership, faculty, support staff and working environment. Everyone is highly motivated and works hard to realize the goals of Delta College's students. Highly recommended. Several members of the administration once were faculty and were members of the committee which recommended hiring me.
Pros
Outstanding work environment
Cons
None I can think of
GREAT school to study in
Student (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95207May 25, 2016
Awesome classes...Awesome Teachers...Great list of subjects to study... A lot of wonderful students to study with...Hardest part of studying is the course work.
great work atmoshpere
Floor leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of patience with our customers frustrations of trying to apply for financial AID AND ENROLLMENT for school
had a good time
Arts and Humanities Option Associate in Arts (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2016
I had a good time here, everyone was friednly and i didn't have to worry about not passing my classes. I'd work there if i could in management or as a professor.
Productive environment
STUDENT TUTOR I (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 16, 2016
Open lab, check students in and out of lab, monitor computers, operate printer, computer duties, answer student's questions, assist students with computer processes.
Learning intelectual and social interaction in a Biological Lab
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 8, 2015
I Set up lab materials for lab experiments, and I made simple lab solutions for faculties. I Carried Bio lab materials and solutions from central lab to different departments. There was a calm and lovely place.
San Joaquin Delta College is wonderful
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaSeptember 9, 2015
I work in a lab specifically for Calworks students that come in and get assigned certain English assignments to help them improve their reading and writing skills while in college. I open in the mornings and my duties are to turn on all the computers and make sure everything is ready for students when they come in. Throughout the day I assist students with their assigned work and help make corrections. It is part of my job to clock students in and out on the computer and on their folders, monitor them in the lab, and keep a clean and sanitary workplace for my co-workers and the students. On the days that I close I am in charge of closing down all the computers and making sure everything is clean and put away for the next day. I love my co-workers.
Pros
Air conditioned atmosphere
Great learning environment
Network Student (Current Employee) –  Mountain House, CAJuly 29, 2015
I had the best Professor in the Cisco Networking Academy who made learning fun and taught me the passion for networking. I can't wait to start my career in this field.