San Joaquin Valley College Employee Reviews

Great company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 26, 2017
Love the way they help you go from baby steps to big steps. People are always smiling and it was never stressful. They helped me advance not only as a student but also as a professional.
nony
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 25, 2017
crudddy,no resources, a bunch of people trying to teach, very unrealistic approch to being successful in life...in actuality you shouldnt waste thousands of dollars on this so called institution, they have an admission crew that seems like they are working to keep the doors open on the place....bottom line they're way more options out there.
no comments
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 12, 2017
Very poor management and they are not knowledgeable about their job Special DOE of one Temecula Compass is not fit for the position .Majority of instructors for some program didn't have even have High school diploma
Ok place to work
Respiratory Therapy (RT) Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 4, 2017
During my time at SJVC, my immediate supervisor and co-workers are amazing and supportive. They guided me to be an effective educator. The environment was pleasant and it was fun to work everyday.
Pros
Co-workers, students
Cons
For-profit school even though it is registered as a non-profit company
Best RT Program in CA
Director of Enrollment Services (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 23, 2017
SJVC was a great company to work for. The Executive team was efficient and productive. My department was Admissions/Financial Aid. We focused on enrollment and building strong relationship, meeting targeted start dates, budgets and admissions goals. The greatest joy for me was helping young people set goals and supporting them to achieve those goals.
Pros
Helping people fulfill their academic dreams
chill
Student center assistant (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAAugust 21, 2017
easy place to sit and make money while being able to study. everyone is nice and helpful. management was on top of any potential problems before there was an actual problem.
Cultural Positon
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAAugust 15, 2017
Working here i was able to be both a student and a worker. I was able to connect with students and teachers on a different level because of this position. I was able to learn and grow in my skill of typing, and teaching others.
Pros
Everything!!
Cons
Short breaks
Relax job
Security Guard/Safety (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job would be that it is pretty relaxing, no stress what so ever, no issues what so ever. Hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours.
Pros
freindly work enviorment
Cons
Not enough hours
Poorly Managed
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 17, 2017
Poorly managed. Unrealistic expectations for the caseload you are assigned as well as the daily activities you are expected to complete. No support within the positions.
productive and fun environment
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 13, 2017
The job experience working along SJVC peers was educational along with high professionalism from each and every staff and student present. The motives and goals of SJVC made each day a closer to day to becoming a step closer to what needs to be achieved.
Pros
employees
Cons
no lunch break
Wonderful Place to Work
eLearning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 6, 2017
Although we have 5 week cycles and they go by quickly, it is a joy to work at this place. This school really cares, not only for the employees, but for the students' success.
Partime work only with no chance for job advancement or promotions
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 18, 2017
I worked as a dental assistant instructor at the Temecula SJVC for 16 months. The environment was average with a high turn over of employees. I did learn how to work with young adult student and most were there to learn and get a job. I did not like the management it seemed like they just wanted the instructors to just pass the student even if they were not getting good grades. It is the type of school where the students paid for an easy, fast way to get their education and certification. The management would change rules and policies at random. If you had a difficult student management would alway side with the students like they where a paying customer which was not fair to the student that gave 100%. I would not recommend SJVC for employemement. I never got a raise or a compliment for my efforts.
Pros
7 hour days 4 days a week M-Th
Cons
Direct of the Dental Assistant Program is a terrible manager!
Honest and conservatively run company with the students interest always first!
Director of eLearning Operations (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 9, 2017
The Senior leadership team understands the current education environment and makes the best decisions possible to continue running a sound post-secondary school.
not very good
Assistant RN Program Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 8, 2017
A very oppressive work experience; I felt very micromanaged and very constrictive environment. I felt that there is no reward for good work, but hypercritical of all the accomplishments.
Online Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  USAMay 28, 2017
Lots of changing every few months. Not able to truly get help from leadership when problems occur. Low salary and long hours. A successful student exists more on paper than in reality (give them them an A for their effort not for their actual work submitted). School is currently on the Federal report showing how the students are not getting jobs due to them not being employable. They want a degree but DO NOT want to work for it.
Pros
Able to gain experience
Cons
Long hours, low pay, inability to ask from help from management
A school enviornment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMay 7, 2017
Very numbers based in admissions. Had 4 manager in 2 years . Two were awesom, the ither two weren't so great. Staff and faculty were great. Great school.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate
Horrible
Medical Office Administration Instructor (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAApril 24, 2017
The environment is horrible to work in. There is no one you can go to when there is a problem at work. The management takes everything very personal and is a horrible at management
Fun and productive environment
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 3, 2017
Working at SJVC was a fun and challenging task. Because I was a student working as a Student Services Assistant I found it fun because I was providing support for my peers. Working with adults who have been out of school for a while can be challenging at times but also quite rewarding.
Pros
work with peers, accomplishing goals, teamwork
Cons
too much company gossip
Job placement for students
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMarch 7, 2017
Worked with students and assisting them finding employment in their field of study. Rewarding position!! It was hard to place the number of students that the company required.
Online SJVC
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 6, 2017
If you are not looking to grow anywhere then this is the company to work for, they do not pay or offer any type of advancement in careers. The management here has a lot of favorites and are very numbers oriented. It is very stressful here and there are no types of compensations, no team building, nothing to make you feel as if you are coming to work for a purpose.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Joaquin Valley College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7