Pros: salary compensation and half day fridays
Cons: management and budget difficulties
• Instructor for Health Care Insurance, Medical Assisting, and GenEd Programs.
• Responsible for creating, applying, and executing a variety of teacher instruction methods. Also responsible for implementing positive learning environment with ample opportunity for student engagement.
• Duties involve daily attendance, implementing assignments, creating and proctoring authentic learning assessments, maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude in the classroom, and mediate any conflicts in a professional and positive manner.
• Member of Bakersfield Campus Emergency Response Team. Duties involve implementing emergency management services, responding and evaluating crisis situations in a skillfully and timely manner. Also responsible for coordinating, creating, and implementing a campus wide emergency action plan and mission statement.
• Hand selected member of SJVC First Day Team. Responsible for implementing
and training faculty on teacher instruction methods, classroom etiquette, student
improvement, and effective communication.
• Marzano Team Leader for Bakersfield Campus. Responsible for faculty training
regarding academic instruction methods, student success in the classroom, effective assessment techniques, and adaptability to new Marzano theories.
• Health and Wellness Chairperson. Duties involve coordinating and organizing
American Heart Association Go Red event, campus wide Health and Wellness fairs, training of faculty and staff, teamwork with Donald Ryhne, and health analysis
of staff and faculty medical data.
• Certified Instructor for student and staff CPR and First Aid