San José State University

San José State University Employer Reviews

challenging and rewarding workplace thriving on a foundation of celebrating diversity
Teachers' Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaAugust 14, 2013
Being a teacher means no day is the same; both the professor and the student face daily challenges. What I enjoy most about my profession is the ability to create an environment where students develop a thirst to improve their communication proficiency in Spanish. I also appreciate the interaction with my colleagues who share the same goals, as their experiences contribute to my professional growth. I enjoy the chance to turn difficult tasks into opportunities to improve my students' education. For instance, a student who may be shyer than his classmates poses a challenge to me as his teacher because I must find a way to connect to him and make him feel comfortable participating in class. Although at first it may seem hard, the satisfaction of seeing him communicating with confidence makes the hard work worth it. I love my profession because I believe communication is a person's most valuable resource for personal growth.
Productive and Educational
NIH RISE Program (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2013
My job is great for me because I enjoy research. My work schedule is fairly flexible and my PI is very understanding when it comes to balancing work and school. My favorite part about my job is that I enjoy the work I do and it does not seem like a hassle since I am actually interested in it.