SAN JOSE CLINIC Employee Reviews

People are hardworking
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Very nice place to intern good location, good mission. You will learn a lot, quickly. I think the skills will work well for me in the future. They do good work.
Great clinic for the whole Family with lots of great people
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
My typical day at work. It's usually busy all morning, I am either in the lab drawing blood or I'm on the floor with one of the providers, I room the patients and if needed I will translate once the physician is in the room.
Pros
More extra paid days off.
Cons
Not much room to grow
Clinic that provides healthcare for the uninsured
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
The mission of San José Clinic is to provide quality healthcare and education to those with limited access to such services in an environment which respects the dignity of each person.
I work under direct of a manager
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pharmacy technicianDecember 10, 2015
I usually refill medication from prescription. then let a pharmacist to verify it.

I also give out the medication for patient.
best working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2015
amazing work environment with a friendly staff who is always willing to help.their priority is patient care and making sure everyone gets the treatment they came for.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Lab Assistant/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Typical day at work would be in the lab conversing with patients, hearing them out and having a good time with them. What I have learned being at San Jose Clinic is PATIENCE and TOLERANCE. I have also learned new skills and procedures. We have a great and lenient manager on board. She has an open door policy which is great for all of us who need to talk about something private or any other things. Hardest part of my job is when I have hard stick patients in lab. Takes a while to get blood drawn from them, but eventually I get the blood. I have awesome co-workers that are team players and understanding. They are hard working people and go out of their way to help each other any way they can think of. Most enjoyable part of my day is when I made a patient smile and laugh when they are having any type of problem and come in to the lab upset, sad, worried, etc. and I managed to take out a smile and laugh from them. I think that's the most rewarding thing of my day.
Pros
Free lunches, extra additional days off, extra PTO time, raffles, employee appreciation day (field trip) every year
Cons
no room for career advancement.
awesome
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2014
The company is focused on helping people without insurance,. the work they do is great
Team Oriented
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2012
The clinic focuses on its patients and giving the utmost care to the indigent uninsured population. The patient access team works together to give the best care for our patients and their families. The management is flexible and fun to work with. I enjoy my coworkers, my supervisors, and the patients of the clinic.
It's a Non-profit Organation
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 30, 2011
I love to work there cause they help all the uninsured adults and kids. It's for low income and give a great service..