San Jose Medical Group Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant for Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2016
I would room patients, take vitals, translate for the doctor, do basic medical history, vaccines, injections, stress test, medication refills.
I am a self motivated eager Medical Professional with 8 years experience.
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2015
As a Clinic Supervisor, I bring extensive experience to any medical organization. My background encompasses rich and varied knowledge including but not limited to:

* Interviewing and Hiring
* OSHA compliance
* Hipaa compliance
* Policies and Procedures
* Analyze and Structure workflow to ensure cost effective operations
* EMR implementing and training
* Purchasing of medical supplies and medications
* Inventory Control
* Performance Management
* Patient Satisfaction

The most rewarding feeling of my career is patients that remember me , ask for me and point me out in the grocery store.

I enjoy sharing my growth/learning experience with those I hire and embrace their growth from my testimony.

I will always stay humble and remember where I started and continue to challenge myself to where I am heading.
Patient Service Rep at a Call Center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2015
Come to work monday through friday 8-5pm. Sitting at a desk all day answering phone calls booking patient appointments, medication refill request, leaving messages to their MD, referral request, etc.
I loved my job although I always knew I wanted a face to face interaction. Management at the call center was rough most days, my supervisor was either in a great mood or "don't even look at me kind of day." Co-workers are lovely and sweet ladies, no men work at the call center. Overall I miss my job but not the micro management style at the call center.
Pros
Great Learning Experience, Growth within the company
Cons
Micro management, supervisor most days not in a pleasant mood
Fast pace great place to work.
Externship (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at San Jose Medical group consist of patient charge tickets, patient accounts, full and mini register of patient information, making sur we had the right codes from the doctors for billing purposes. The management was great very helpful and willing to help in any way they could. The hardest part of the job to me was overthinking things. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was fixing patient accounts and making sure there was no errors.
Pros
fridays we got off work at 12:30 pm
Cons
the office was very hot even in the winter.
I love to work with patients
Sr. Business Office Clerk III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2013
I start my day at work checking my voicemail calling patient back regarding their inquiries, response to the eob's. send medical claims to health care provider. calling insurance & follow up A/R. Ive learned how to communicate to the patient, how to finish my job without rushing to anything. MY co-workers they're nice u can count on them they will try to help you the best as they can, they're easy to talk to but not all of them... the hardest part of my job is when the month end is coming we are so busy i might not say hardest cause i use to it when month end is coming. Actually no hardest part of my job because i love my job. The most enjoyable part of my job if my manger called me and saying one of our patient call her and mention my name that i solve her issues regarding on her account.:)
Cons
Really nice place to work in all aspects
Specialty Scheduler, Cardiology Department (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Totally enjoyable was a typical day at work.
Learned something new everyday.
Management was very professional.
Co-workers, very nice in general.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a patient.
The smiles of the patients when they get well.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Very busy environment but I loved it..
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 9, 2014
I loved that we always had something to do at san jose medical group. My patients were awesome as well. I learned alot being that I was hired right out of school. Unfortunately, I was hired for a temporary position. But I gained some experience which is always a good thing.
Very pleasent too I love this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 4, 2012
When I came to this company I don't know nothing from here came out with a lot of experience in filing alphabetical, numerical and for dates, also I learn how to made the referral for dialysis.
Pros
too many lunches from management
Cons
when they laid me out
Unsteady
Front Desk PSR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 17, 2015
The hardest part of my job right now is not knowing how much longer we will be in business as we have yet to find a new buyer.

The most Enjoyable part of my job are the patients. I enjoy interacting with them, especially the elderly.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Patient focused, fun, fast paced, multi-specialty clinic.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 28, 2014
Busy, fast paced enviroment. Honed in on multitasking skills while perfecting customer service and clinic workflow. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assit members of the community on a daily basis.
Good work envirmonment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 10, 2015
I would have to make sure the students are in their area of play. you work with good workers. And always make sure you are aware of everything that is going on.
I enjoy working with everyone at SJMG. We all come together as a team to get things done.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 8, 2014
I am currently working 8-5 monday thru friday. I work one on one wih my doctor who I love. I am responsiable for rooming patients and keeping on top of everything.
Cons
not enough pay.
Productive and giving work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2014
It was a pleasure working for this company. I was hired as temp work, but I loved the patients, and I loved helping them out with being on the road to recovery. It was sad to have to leave! I was in my element there.
Nice place to work,Good Manger & most of the staff
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2012
I love my job. I am a people person.I like helping the patients.My heart go's out to the elders.when they come in they are a little confussed.I greet the patients.I register the patients,take there copays.put in there information in the computer.check there insurance card.I have learned you have to be a caring person to work in a doctors office.& have a good heart.when it comes to co-workers,there has to be team work.I have a co-worker ,who i love dearly .but all she does half of the day is chat on the phone.& says where else could i work & get payed good money to do nothing.drives me crazy.The hardest part of my job is when I have 2 doctor's & it's just me working alone.the most enjoyable part is when i help the patients with there problems they are having.& when they leave they tell me thank you for all your help.My branch manger is really sweet & understanding.she thanks me for always going out of my way to help out.It is really busy working at a doctor's office.your always making copy's, faxing paper work .closing charge tickets.taking phone calls,making appointments.never a dull moment.
Pros
helping people
Cons
need good co-worker's
Great co-workers
CMA (Current Employee) –  san jose ca, Samaritan dr.November 5, 2013
I have had the pleasure of working with wonderful people and terrific patients.
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jose Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

San Jose Medical Group Reviews by Location