San Jose State University

San Jose State University United States Employee Reviews

Fun place for hardcore programmers
Student (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 25, 2015
It's a nice place for GIS developers. The manager was helpful and provided guidance when ever required. Learnt new algorithms and data structures and their implementation.
Good experience instructing in lab
Microbiology Instructor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 21, 2015
the lab curriculum is well defined. The peer and senior instructors are easily accessible. The lab staff is flexible and helpful. Student pool is good and enthusiastic. Overall a good place to work for.
Student Assistant Position Review
Student Assistant Computer Technician (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Interacting with people from different background.
Cons: The pay is low.
Martin Luther king Library is a great place to work at. It is a multicultural place. At my current position I stat up my day by performing equipment inventory check. Then at 8 AM I open the student computer center room to students and staffs. Through out the day I help students and staffs connecting to the school wifi and using wireless printers. Additionally I check out Laptop computers, IPADs, Scientific calculators, and other electronic equipment to students. I also give directional and technical informations to students and library patron's. In this position I enhanced my oral communication and interpersonal skills. Interacting with student and other community members is an integral part of my daily work, and I enjoy it.
Great way to gain experience in sports marketing
Game Operations Intern / Game Ops Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, can gain college credits, restricted access to sporting events
Cons: no compensation
I had a great time working with Spartans Athletics. It was a great opportunity to gain real experience and an inside look at what it takes to run a Division I collegiate athletic program.
Good part time job
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2015
Assisted students in understanding basic concepts in Finite Element Methods, Flight Structures and Solid Mechanics.
Peer Advisor
Peer Advisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2015
Great learning experience about all the resources San Jose State University has to offer. I was able to work during the job fairs and met several employees from different companies.
Very productive and helpful environment
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2015
Immensely helpful environment and lots of resources. The atmosphere is wonderful with lots of cheerful people. Well balanced work-load. Love it here.
Academic Projects
Graduate Student (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2015
I am very delight to work with faculty and co-students at San Jose State University. Worked with cutting edge technologies. Employed optimized solutions to crack the given problem within stipulated amount of time.
Teaching Assistant (TA) for Graduate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Teaching Assistant (TA) for Graduate course of Advanced Database Management System Sep 2014 to May 2015
- Prepare assignments and explain assignment solutions, grade assignments and midterms
Fun work environment with utmost flexible hours
Peer Adviser Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: flexibility and homework help
Cons: only allowed to work a maximum of 15 hours per week
I coordinate the program of the Academic Advising and Retention Services program. My team and I monitor a caseload of students to ensure they have the tools and support needed to get out of Academic Probation. Since I became coordinator, the dropout rates for our department have dropped from 35% to 12%. I have full faith in this program of having mentors to push and motivate students to reach their successes.
Interesting Place
EH&S Safety/Training Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: we get bottled water.
Cons: high demands and expectations for low pay.
I'm sure I can't be the first faced with this dilemma so as the saying goes, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
Security Class at Cisco
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 3, 2015
In-training for a newly opening software security course at SJSU. Learning security vulnerability and mitigation. Practice includes exploiting a vulnerable web server.
fun place to work
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Working as teachers assistant has been very productive use of my spare time.Apart from helping students I get to learn a lot from the professor
The best school to learn Java
IT Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2015
SJSU is a Java based school if you are planning to major in Computer Science. It is located in the heart of the Silicon Valley therefore there are many opportunities for internship and work experience while still attending school. SJSU uses the latest and most updated technology to teach students about the engineering world.
Awesome Place
Instructional Student Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Responsibilities: Assisting the professor and grading the assignments for a course in Software Engineering Major.

Good Place
Easy Work
Nice Pay
Safe and Secure

Regular job. Great diverse community to work for. Everyday was always different. No typical day. Great higher education facility.
Review
Organizational Development and Training Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 18, 2014
Regular desk job. Great diverse community to work for. Everyday was always different. No typical day. Great higher education facility.
Never a dull moment
Coach, Language Development Center (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: learned much about myself
Cons: i had none
The opportunity will never be forgotten. Challenging and rewarding. Personal and professional growth. Fantastic management. An extraordinary time.
good experience
Instructional Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 19, 2014
A really good experience. It was fun and helpful helping students with their final projects (softawre development, software design...)
good
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed.
Very good
Student Assistant, Dept. of Aerospace Eng (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2014
Awesome life and work culture. Very friendly co-workers. Everyday was interesting and a new experience. Learned about work culture and ethics.

1 2 3 4 5