San Jose Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great experience
Classroom teacher (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2015
Grew a lot as a person, but I left because I wanted to explore other areas. I fell in love with the kids and learned much about myself but it was time for a change. I came out of college and went straight to teaching, wasn't sure I wanted to do that for the rest of my life.
is a really friendly work place
Food Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Serving the students food, cooking and checking temperatures washing and sanitizing the work area, stocking
Nicely arranged kitchen area with some lite music back ground to get our day through nicely at times.
Substitute Food Service Worker (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches with some music back ground.
Cons: working extra hours.
Cleaning cafeteria areas,preparing lunch meals. Learn to make certain types of sandwiches. Safety was always first in any job you perform inside kitchen & cafeteria areas. My manager was very busy but always found time to sit & talk with us during our break times. Co-workers, we were a team as far as getting our jobs done in a timely matter.
On occasion I had to do some stocking of can food boxes in the store room,which became heavy at times. Not so much of the job but having fun & a good sense of humor at times with the co-workers & manager.
SanJose Unified School District
College and Career Advisor (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 1, 2013
Challenging job and have to support 1000 students for Career and College questions. I have become an expert in all aspects of career development and applying for college in the CSU/UC and private college systems.
Productive and energetic work place with motivating co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2012
San Jose Unified School District provided me with the first hand experiences of working with a diverse group of people. Being a part of an amazing team that works closely with the students, faculty, parents, and community was very rewarding. In addition, I learned the in's and out's of office management as well as superior customer service and communication skills. It felt great to make a difference by being part of an educational school system.
Lincoln high is a great place to work.
High School Secretary (Current Employee), Lincoln High School, San Jose, CAJuly 23, 2012
Provide administrative support to principal and teaching staff, maintain budget and run reports, liaison between community, district office and principal, order office supplies and equipment, daily tasks include ensuring coverage of classroom substitutes, monitor monthly timesheets, track department purchases, input facility work requests, distribute and track site keys, process purchase orders, approve invoices for payment, handle registration, travel and hotel arrangements for conferences