San Juan Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 3, 2016
This hospital has been the best place I've worked at so far. Management was great and the team work with nurses and nursing assistants was phenomenal!
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
Short handed sometimes
Excellent hospital
Health Information Management Clerk (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 7, 2015
As an intern in the HIM department at San Juan Regional Medical Center I become aware of the various policies that are being implemented in the hospital to keep the patients' privacy and to provide a high quality of care. At first, I find everything difficult and had a hard time coping up with my new environment, but with the help of my co-workers I was able to adjust and do my job properly. All of them were very competent, patient, friendly, and approachable. Furthermore, they helped me familiarize the different fields in the HIM and its functions. All in all, my internship in San Juan was very enjoyable and a worthwhile experience.
I Always stayed busy to get through the day at work.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 29, 2015
What i enjoy about my job is that it we always work as a team, people will treat you with respect and always being polite. What i learn at my job was that we are organize for different shifts to have everything run smoothly through a productive day.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays
Cons
Short breaks will be 15 minutes
Employees Only Careteria
Project Manager for Midas and Vigilanz (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 13, 2015
the work was challenging and rewarding since I had not worked in the Healthcare Industry before.

Was given challenging programming assignments that the vendor refused to perform.
San Juan Regional
surgical instruments technician (Former Employee) –  san juan regional medcal centerMarch 30, 2015
I loved this job I was there for a long time. I thank them for all the knowledge i've gained. my coworkers were ok, I loved the OR and I would go back just not in the same area. would like to broaden my knowledge in the hospital
Pros
weight room
Cons
uncertianty
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Or you'll turn PSYCHoo
Employee (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 3, 2015
For the few years I worked here, there were a lot of staff turnovers. The common knowledge was that, they were let loose. I ran as fast as I could as I felt like I was next on the chopping block. I felt like I was targeted, like my ex-colleagues. And I just got out right in time. Another one was fired, months after I left.

At staff meetings, suggestions by staff are rudely denied by manager. Meetings often focused on staff who made mistake, embarrassing them and when someone dares to defend the person being bullied, he himself is also criticized.

When an issue is brought to the attention of the manager or even up to the higher ups, employee will be seen as trouble-maker and the administration will be watching your every move waiting for you to make a mistake, then threaten to or "hint on" firing you.

Even after a year of leaving, my colleagues, who are still working there are asking me to write a letter telling how I was harassed, to support them on their rally against the manager and are AGAIN filing a complaint to the higher ups.

Lots of Nepotism too, especially in the administration (bestfriends slash neighbors, cousins, daughter-in-laws to father-in-laws, mother-daughter), thus workplace unfair politics and favoritism.

You have been warned.
Pros
camaradere and team work among staff, okay benefits, there are always job openings due to fast turnovers, experience so you can move on to a real job, a pretty hospital, decent cafeteria food
Cons
non-union workplace, politics, passive-aggressive unit manager, nepotism thus favoritism, the upper administration protecting their own, disgruntled coworkers, ridiculous salary ($20/hr newgrad rn), no job securilty
Sjrmc
RN (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 1, 2015
This is a good place to work. My co-workers are awesome to work with. There is generally good teamwork on 12 hour shifts. Many education opportunities provided.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
scheduling
Fast paced urgent care
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 11, 2015
Working at the urgent care/family medicine has been a great experience. I had the opportunity to learn how to do IV's, splints and apply temporary slings. I loved working there. It was always busy and when we had down time, there was always something to keep us busy. The hours of work weren't difficult at all. I enjoyed working side by side all the medical staff and learned a lot from each other. Never a dull moment at work. It was tons of fun.
Learning new accounts and submitting to insurance companies
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 11, 2014
Medical insurance billing for patients insurance companies, copying, faxing, meeting percentage for clinics at end of each month, small balance adjustments for payments.
Enjoyed working with other fellow workers and getting our goals met for the end of month with insurance billing
Working at a hospital is going to be busy, but I feel I was overworked and underpaid.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 23, 2014
Typical work day:
7 am: clock in and start making phone calls to arrange transport around the hospital, start getting patients and transferring them from their hospital bed to a gurney or wheelchair, find their nurse (Good luck) to document form and disconnect IV/monitors, aid in trasnferring patient. Wait for nurse for average of 15 minutes, meanwhile getting phone calls that there are stat patients that need to be transported from ER or ICU right now, meanwhile more patients are requesting to be transported. Keep transporting usually with not rest or breaks, not even lunch until 7pm.

What I learned:
SJRMC is a busy place. Staff seem overworked, my job especially. Staff are not very willing to help other staff. Don't work at a hospital unless you are a doctor or someone who does not directly have contact with patients such as administration. Go to school and get a good education to get a better job, otherwise you will end up pushing stretchers around a hospital for 12 hours with no breaks and living in a van down by the river!
Pros
decent benefits, discounted food at cafe, employee gym is small, but free.
Cons
overworked and underpaid. little aid from coworkers who also were too busy to help.
Nice employees
Dietary Assistant /Screener (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 10, 2014
Dietary meals three times a day plus snacks according to doctors diet orders, record all intakes and outtakes per meal. Place orders per patient per meal or as needed
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unfair nurses
Working as a Radilogic Technology Student
Radiologic Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 11, 2014
As a Rad Tech student I worked many different clinical sites including three different Hospitals, a surgical hospital, a orthopedics office as well as out patient facilities. I feel very comfortable in every accept of being a Radiologic Technologist. I'm just looking for a place to start. I more than willing to travel and work PRN shifts as well as part-time and full-time.
Great work Place
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 11, 2014
I loved working at SJRMC. Would love the chance to work there again
low pay a lot of hard work
psychiatric technition (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 6, 2014
groups patient care daily living skills meals V/S psychiatric tech license not recognized in NM
Pros
team work
Cons
low pay poor communication between shifts
Lovely people
Enviromental service person (Former Employee) –  Farmington NMFebruary 10, 2014
The job I had was an extremely hard one.. but all in all it was nice to come in everyday to work with some of the best people I knew
Pros
decent salary
Run as fast as you can worse hospital I ever worked for!
SONOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  ULTRASOUND DEPT.January 25, 2014
Worked as a sonographer there, nothing but chaos in the ultrasound dept. No order, no direction, standard of care being violated everyday. Management out of touch. No management accountability. Unprofessional radiologists who know nothing about ultrasound. Lead sonographer lies to cover her inability to lead.
Cons
everything.
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 12, 2013
work was busy each day. make customers happy when its not really fun to be at a hospital. co workers where nice and helped each other.
Pros
free lunches
fast paced changing
ER Registration Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 30, 2013
Fast paced job. During busy times lobby would fill up completely mean while in the back ambulances and police cars would bring in patients. Learned to multi task and prioritize and how to handle stressful busy situations and irate customers who experienced long waits to be seen by dr.
Pros
employees, dr.'s and nurses
Cons
ambulances through the back long waits in the front
Organization with values that match my own.
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 22, 2013
Good benefits and salary. Great educational benefits. Good team of clinic managers.
Pros
good organization
Cons
work load can be overwhelming
Applicant beware
ex-employee (Former Employee) –  clericalMarch 18, 2013
Applicant beware! There is no loyalty within this organization at all. Mangement is allowed to run over employees and have free rein to treat employees anyway they feel without any fear of being called on it by upper management.
Pros
there isn't any
Cons
numerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Juan Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.