San Juan Regional Medical Center

San Juan Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Employees Only Careteria
Project Manager for Midas and Vigilanz (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJune 13, 2015
the work was challenging and rewarding since I had not worked in the Healthcare Industry before.

Was given challenging programming assignments that the vendor refused to perform.
San Juan Regional
surgical instruments technician (Former Employee), san juan regional medcal centerMarch 30, 2015
Pros: weight room
Cons: uncertianty
I loved this job I was there for a long time. I thank them for all the knowledge i've gained. my coworkers were ok, I loved the OR and I would go back just not in the same area. would like to broaden my knowledge in the hospital
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Or you'll turn PSYCHoo
Employee (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMarch 3, 2015
Pros: camaradere and team work among staff, okay benefits, there are always job openings due to fast turnovers, experience so you can move on to a real job, a pretty hospital, decent cafeteria food
Cons: non-union workplace, politics, passive-aggressive unit manager, nepotism thus favoritism, the upper administration protecting their own, disgruntled coworkers, ridiculous salary ($20/hr newgrad rn), no job securilty
For the few years I worked here, there were a lot of staff turnovers. The common knowledge was that, they were let loose. I ran as fast as I could as I felt like I was next on the chopping block. I felt – more... like I was targeted, like my ex-colleagues. And I just got out right in time. Another one was fired, months after I left.

At staff meetings, suggestions by staff are rudely denied by manager. Meetings often focused on staff who made mistake, embarrassing them and when someone dares to defend the person being bullied, he himself is also criticized.

When an issue is brought to the attention of the manager or even up to the higher ups, employee will be seen as trouble-maker and the administration will be watching your every move waiting for you to make a mistake, then threaten to or "hint on" firing you.

Even after a year of leaving, my colleagues, who are still working there are asking me to write a letter telling how I was harassed, to support them on their rally against the manager and are AGAIN filing a complaint to the higher ups.

Lots of Nepotism too, especially in the administration (bestfriends slash neighbors, cousins, daughter-in-laws to father-in-laws, mother-daughter), thus workplace unfair politics and favoritism.

You have been warned. – less
SJRMC
RN (Current Employee), Farmington, NMMarch 1, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: scheduling
This is a good place to work. My co-workers are awesome to work with. There is generally good teamwork on 12 hour shifts. Many education opportunities provided.
Fast paced urgent care
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Farmington, NMFebruary 11, 2015
Working at the urgent care/family medicine has been a great experience. I had the opportunity to learn how to do IV's, splints and apply temporary slings. I loved working there. It was always busy and – more... when we had down time, there was always something to keep us busy. The hours of work weren't difficult at all. I enjoyed working side by side all the medical staff and learned a lot from each other. Never a dull moment at work. It was tons of fun. – less
Learning new accounts and submitting to insurance companies
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, NMDecember 11, 2014
Medical insurance billing for patients insurance companies, copying, faxing, meeting percentage for clinics at end of each month, small balance adjustments for payments.
Enjoyed working with other fellow workers and getting our goals met for the end of month with insurance billing
Working at a hospital is going to be busy, but I feel I was overworked and underpaid.
Transporter (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJuly 23, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, discounted food at cafe, employee gym is small, but free.
Cons: overworked and underpaid. little aid from coworkers who also were too busy to help.
Typical work day:
7 am: clock in and start making phone calls to arrange transport around the hospital, start getting patients and transferring them from their hospital bed to a gurney or wheelchair, find – more... their nurse (Good luck) to document form and disconnect IV/monitors, aid in trasnferring patient. Wait for nurse for average of 15 minutes, meanwhile getting phone calls that there are stat patients that need to be transported from ER or ICU right now, meanwhile more patients are requesting to be transported. Keep transporting usually with not rest or breaks, not even lunch until 7pm.

What I learned:
SJRMC is a busy place. Staff seem overworked, my job especially. Staff are not very willing to help other staff. Don't work at a hospital unless you are a doctor or someone who does not directly have contact with patients such as administration. Go to school and get a good education to get a better job, otherwise you will end up pushing stretchers around a hospital for 12 hours with no breaks and living in a van down by the river! – less
Nice employees
Dietary Assistant /Screener (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unfair nurses
Dietary meals three times a day plus snacks according to doctors diet orders, record all intakes and outtakes per meal. Place orders per patient per meal or as needed
Working as a Radilogic Technology Student
Radiologic Technology Student (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJune 11, 2014
As a Rad Tech student I worked many different clinical sites including three different Hospitals, a surgical hospital, a orthopedics office as well as out patient facilities. I feel very comfortable in every accept of being a Radiologic Technologist. I'm just looking for a place to start. I more than willing to travel and work PRN shifts as well as part-time and full-time.
Great work Place
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMarch 11, 2014
I loved working at SJRMC. Would love the chance to work there again
low pay a lot of hard work
psychiatric technition (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMarch 6, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: low pay poor communication between shifts
groups patient care daily living skills meals V/S psychiatric tech license not recognized in NM
Lovely people
Enviromental service person (Former Employee), Farmington NMFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: decent salary
The job I had was an extremely hard one.. but all in all it was nice to come in everyday to work with some of the best people I knew
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN WORSE HOSPITAL I EVER WORKED FOR!
SONOGRAPHER (Former Employee), ULTRASOUND DEPT.January 25, 2014
Cons: everything.
WORKED AS A SONOGRAPHER THERE, NOTHING BUT CHAOS IN THE ULTRASOUND DEPT. NO ORDER, NO DIRECTION, STANDARD OF CARE BEING VIOLATED EVERYDAY. MANAGEMENT OUT OF TOUCH. NO MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITY. UNPROFESSIONAL RADIOLOGISTS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ULTRASOUND. LEAD SONOGRAPHER LIES TO COVER HER INABILITY TO LEAD.
good experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington, NMDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches
work was busy each day. make customers happy when its not really fun to be at a hospital. co workers where nice and helped each other.
fast paced changing
ER Registration Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMay 30, 2013
Pros: employees, dr.'s and nurses
Cons: ambulances through the back long waits in the front
Fast paced job. During busy times lobby would fill up completely mean while in the back ambulances and police cars would bring in patients. Learned to multi task and prioritize and how to handle stressful busy situations and irate customers who experienced long waits to be seen by dr.
Organization with values that match my own.
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, NMApril 22, 2013
Pros: good organization
Cons: work load can be overwhelming
Good benefits and salary. Great educational benefits. Good team of clinic managers.
Applicant beware
ex-employee (Former Employee), clericalMarch 18, 2013
Pros: there isn't any
Cons: numerous
Applicant beware! There is no loyalty within this organization at all. Mangement is allowed to run over employees and have free rein to treat employees anyway they feel without any fear of being called on it by upper management.
Hostile environment
Radiology (Former Employee), RadiologyJanuary 19, 2013
Cons: unfair treatment of employees
Poor management and hostile work environment. The SJRMC values were not practiced by many in our department. I worked with some good people but most were caddie, back biting and selfish. Beautiful hospital but downer in staff and equipment available.
Loved my shift
sonographer (Former Employee), Farmington, NMDecember 30, 2012
Pros: shift
Cons: far from major medical care
I worked swing shift at this hospital and it suited my lifestyle
Very reliable for the community.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Farmington, NMSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: benefits, great insurance plans, only worked 3 three 12 hour shifts a week
Cons: n/a
A typical day would start at 6am three days a week and go til 6pm. I would get the report on each patient on Telemetry, approximately around 50 or 60 patients daily. Would call nurses for any problems – more... that were monitored and interpreted by myself. I would inform Doctors how their patients were doing, and what changes i saw in their Cardiac rhythms. Interpret what rhythm they were in. I would also add each Doctor order they wrote for each patient on Cardiology floor. The hardest part of the job was learning cardiology anatomy, there would always be something you learned each day. Managment was great, willing to help with any questions i might have. Trying to push us as a team for the best care for our patients. – less