San Juan Unified School District Employee Reviews

prep meals , assist children, filling papers
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  CarmichaelMay 12, 2017
Work, or volunteer, experience in sports or recreation activities. Implements, enhances and oversees a variety of recreation activities, programs, events
Poor
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTMay 9, 2017
No communication. Bonus was not given. Wrongly accused of being racist. Do not work for this company ever. They don't give you proper equipment and or pay that is promised.
Pros
Cons
Everything, they don't care
Fun!
Instructional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 25, 2017
Great Principal to work with, I've felt very welcomed and support. The student are amazing and the facility is new. Manybof the teachers care willing to learn and grow
Pros
Great energy
Na
School community intervention specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMarch 16, 2017
I learned to work with students with many different backgrounds and work with parents in a school environment. Getting to work with some students and make a difference
4th grade teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 15, 2017
I worked as a 4th grade teacher until my oldest son was born in 2004. I was a multi-subject teacher and loved the work environment. I loved the daily challenges and miss being hands on.
Pros
Summer
Cons
Seeing kids neglected
Great place to work with amazing cooperative staff members.
Instructional Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMarch 7, 2017
I worked in a different schools, preschool, elementary, middle, and high school.
I learned how to deal with mild to moderate disabled students and to support them to reach their goal. It was also a great experience to understand their feelings, situation and how they work hard.
During my experience, I came up with so many different situation through which I learned professionalism, dependency, and communication skill with teachers, parents and other certified staff members.
The most enjoyable part of this job is when students understand trust me while teaching them and follow all my instruction very accurately. The hardest part is when I have to leave this job for further study.
Team work
Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMarch 5, 2017
The definition of team work has been lost at the San Juan School District. I loved the students and most of the staff but would love to have a team that works cohesively.
Pros
Students
Cons
pay
Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at work usually includes making sure grade school kids do their homework, have a fun experience and a safe place to come to after a school day!
Pros
Building relationships with kids, stable Monday through Friday hours, works with school
Cons
payment is monthly, not enough to get by when you have personal bills and school bills to worry about
Posititve, rewarding place to work
Instructional assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 29, 2017
On a daily basis I am working one on one with children with various special needs. We work with them to teach daily living skills to be self sufficient with toileting, feeding self, and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of working with these children is seeing their growth, their personal achievements whether they be big or small, we celebrate all of their progress. I have learned and developed countless amounts of patience and understanding.
Pros
Heath, retirment benefits
Great benefits
Instructional Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 9, 2017
District offers great benefits but not compensation. Culture is great but advancement opportunities are not available. Enjoyed working with the kiddos.
Watch Your Back
Substitute Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I'm sure you have heard the saying, "It's not what you know, but who you know." Well in the transportation department at San Juan those words couldn't be truer. The kids are great and the hours are great but the people you work with not so great. The people here are willing to step on anyone to get what they want.
Pros
You get off early and get all the same vacations as the schools do
Cons
Very back stabbing environment, you can't really trust anyone.
good to work
Finance Controller (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 14, 2016
as usual nothing great, any other company is ok as well. Management is there for ever without any new ideas & technology. Low skilled & low educated people working here for too long
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
A very organized company
Social Work (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Fairoaks, CADecember 11, 2016
I loved SJUSD. A great opportunity to learn school social work principles. Worked with families and individuals struggling to succeed in the educational environment.
Pros
Wonderful training
Cons
Too short!
Network Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  District OfficeOctober 19, 2016
It is an alright place to work. the management is in need of better coordination of jobs and departments and better definition of goals and priorities.
Diverse opportunities to expand experience
Sub Special Education Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CASeptember 7, 2016
I began working with San Juan Unified School District to expand my experience and opportunities

Working for San Juan has given me many chances to work with students of diverse cultures and abilities

I especially enjoy observing students when they are learning a new subject and are sharing their plans for the future

I will continue to work with the district to support their programs for students in economic and social need
Earliest teaching experiences for which I am grateful.
Secondary Social Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 4, 2016
These were the schools wherein I cut-my-teeth, teaching-wise, so-to-speak. I learned a great deal and developed styles of teaching which followed me throughout my career. Naturally, i am grateful and appreciative of the lessons and the times.
Pros
Fun, exciting, new, different, unusual, and challenging.
Cons
Lousy pay for difficult, long hours.
A positive work experience with the students.
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Del Paso Manor and Encina High SchoolAugust 16, 2016
I delivered The Minnesota Smoking Prevention Program to students in the 4th- 8th grade at Del Paso Manor and Encina High School. I learned to use the Apple and Mac computers. I assisted in enrichment activities, academic assistance and tutoring. The most challenging was doing the presentation without the power point slides. It was a great experience working with the students and having the supervisor to give positive feedback.
Pros
Helping the students to learn the danger of smoking.
Cons
Some students were disruptive.
Busy busy district
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAAugust 8, 2016
Good district, no issues, but they hire you as temporary your first year teaching (not probationary) and you become probationary the second year. As a special education teacher, when enrollment fluctuates, you may not get rehired. Good schools, great colleagues. No other complaints.
Pros
Good schools
Cons
A little bit of a challenge getting started
Horiable Place to Work!
Campus Safety Monitor (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 13, 2016
No admin support, On a rating level I would say a zero. Union is a joke. Admin is very unprofessional and uneducated with lack of experience in dealing with dangerous situations on campus.
Pros
Zero
Cons
1000'S do not except a position at san juan
School Nurse
School LVN (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 11, 2016
School nurse is very slow-paced. Positive environment. You work along staff. RN is off-site but is always in contact. Good position if you love kids.
Pros
Easy-going
Cons
limited experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Juan Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

San Juan Unified School District Reviews by Location