San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Accounting Department is understaffed.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 10, 2017
Their accounting department is understaffed. They don't give the appropriate training. They expect for you to work long hours. The more you learn the more they give you to do!
Pros
Cafeteria located onsite.
Cons
Long hours, understaffed
decent work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 7, 2017
It was a good environment and my 1st place place I've worked at it was a new expense for me and it helped me with my costumer skills and how to approach them
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 17, 2017
It is a fun environment to work in. The team members, supervisors, and management are easily to work with. I love helping out all the patron out when they need help. BEST JOB YET!
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Under staff
always busy
Crowd Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2017
There are many different promotions at any given time. Customers always let us know what would make them come back more often such as the entertainment ( variety) and size of the venues.
Great company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 11, 2015
Great benefits, great pay, paid holidays, sick time, etc. Very nice co-workers. They care about their employees. A lot of work, but nice environment. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Benefits, schedule, great pay
Wonderful Organization
Risk Management Coordinator of Benefits (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Very influential Tribe that creates paths for other tribes. Great management, Tribal members and opportunities.

Work Monday thru Friday, not OT or weekends.
Great place to work.
Bingo Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJanuary 6, 2015
This place gave me a lot of great things. They gave me a great job that was very enjoyable. The management in my department(bingo) was amazing. Felt more like family than just a job. They have amazing benefits 401k, health insurance and also a tuition reimbursement program. Hardest part of the job was sometimes it very hectic, but you meet a lot of interesting people(co workers and customers). Overall I don't think there are many places that one could be so happy at.
Pros
Benefits and good pay.
Cons
Hours and a little crazy at times.
Really exciting with lots of life building skills.
Public Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 31, 2014
The best way to serve your country and gain some life long benefits along the way.
Department of Public Safety
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAMay 31, 2014
Sovereign Indian Nation, cannot be sued in state court for any reason. Ergo, you can be terminated for any reason.

Example:

Co-worker fired for farting in the elevator. Another co-worker fired for laughing at tribal member who was arrested for possession of narcotics inside the casino.

I was terminated for telling a joke. The person I told the joke to was not offended but later that day he repeated the joke to a co-worker who was offended. When she filed a complaint I was called in and terminated. The person who told her the joke went unpunished. ?????
Pros
Exciting enviorment and great benefits
Cons
No loyalty or job protection.
Great company to represent
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAMarch 21, 2014
Working for San Manuel Band of Mission Indians has been an amazing experience. Getting to represent such a successful and personable company is great. Working on a level where I get to interact daily with top-tier officials has been more than beneficial to me and a great learning experience. Every aspect of my job is enjoyable and I will dearly miss working here.
Pros
Great company
Fast paced entertainment environment, fun, offers room for growth.
Public Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 3, 2012
A typical day includes duties such as monitoring casino floors and gaming areas, checking for proper identification at all entrances, and offering the customer the best experience possible. Patrol duties are securing and monitoring all tribal owned properties, offer assistance to patrons with vehicular troubles.
The hardest part of this job is maintaining a cool and collective attitude when dealing with unpleasant customers and employees. Enduring long hours on your feet and a very time consuming work schedule.
I enjoy working for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians because their tribe takes care of its employees and families. Health benefits are exceptional and small perks are always welcomed.
Pros
pay increases, medical benefits, company gatherings
Cons
long hours, smoke filled environment