San Marcos Unified School District Employee Review

View all San Marcos Unified School District reviews

Excellent for educational Purposes
Campus Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CaliforniaJanuary 13, 2013
This middle school is a very good school to be associated with, looking for full time employment is very hard, in today's society. Although I enjoy the children, my job and the responsibilities that I have. I would love to be employed full time and have more responsibilities. At this time that is what I'm looking for in order to provide for my family.
Pros
make impression, and set examples for children.
Cons
not enough full time employment.

Other San Marcos Unified School District Employee Reviews

San Marcos unified was positive in a lot of ways.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CANovember 16, 2017
I worked for the San Marcos Unified School District in the After School care program. I learned how to supervise children in large and small group settings. I provided emotional support when needed. I do encourage people to apply there. It is a good way to get experience if you want to get into teaching.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Lack of work hours.
Standard school district with a friendly staff
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 1, 2017
The School District is professional and is very similar to any other school district.

The School District taught me the value of being a team player, to volunteer for extra assignments and go the extra mile.

The management at the School District was great. They were always available and ready when needed.

The workplace culture was very supportive. During my time long term subbing at High School, the staff and department head went above and beyond to make sure I had all the tools necessary for success.

The hardest part of the job was stepping into an assignment for 12th graders at the end of the year. The teacher had left no lesson plans and I had to sink or swim. Due to the support of the staff and Social Studies department, I was able to overcome this difficulty.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making an impact on students and being a part of their daily lives. As a long term substitute I had much more impact on students and the way the class was being conducted.