SAN MATEO COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

It was stressful at times and rewarding at others.
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMay 22, 2017
It was a long time ago so things may have changed since then. When I did work there, the lady in charge of the district was very rude and very unprofessional.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Hard to deal with kids
Treated us well
Media Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 9, 2015
There was always something extra curricular going on. We had holiday parties, secret pal, and a halloween contest. The department I worked in was running out of time and money, but it was a good place to work anyway.
Outstanding organization and not allow gossip and politics to influence decision making.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Planning Block, Half Moon Bay, San BrunoFebruary 24, 2012
The SMCOE has been the best educational organization that I have worked as a Special Education Teacher. My experience collaborating with colleagues and special services professionals was inspiring and influenced my own professional development. Gossip and politics were practiced amongst a few employees, which influenced decisions and responses by members of the Chain of Command. Those engaging in gossip and politics were taken as credible at the expense of professionals who were telling the truth. My overall rating for the SMCOE is outstanding (5 stars), and I would work for the organization again without hesitation.
Pros
structured, organized, teamspirit, student development, and support.
Cons
gossip, politics.