SAN RAMON VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

productive work environment
Behavioral Therapist-Special Ed (Former Employee) –  Danville, CADecember 6, 2017
professionals, good co workers, and overall a pretty healthy environment to work in. Good communication between professionals within the classroom and outside of the classroom
Pros
co workers
Cons
not paid enough
SRVUSD is too large and out of touch
Autism Specialist Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJuly 14, 2017
The school district has become very bureaucratic so if you're good at "playing the game," or making sure you meet the right people to have your needs met, then you might do well. But if you are in the classroom to help the kids and you have no interest in the political stuff, this is a miserable place to be.

And I feel that way as a parent with students in this district AND an employee.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not having a voice; the pay is lower than every district in the area
Excellent district with upstanding schools, staff, and administration.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 13, 2017
I've guest taught all around the district from elementary through high school and have never had a bad experience on the admin side of things. Teachers typically leave solid lesson plans with clear direction. The only downside I've found is the challenge to establish work relationships with other teachers since guest teachers are always bouncing around from school to school, however it is a two-way street. Overall, SRVUSD is a great district to work in.
One of the best school districts in California
Program management (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 15, 2017
Very high standards for students with a lot of parent participation. Volunteers and staff are very valued and treated accordingly. Your child receives an amazing education through these schools, especially a well rounded one.
Pros
high level of education
Cons
very competitive for students
A great district
Autism Specialist - Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAMarch 15, 2017
This is a great school district to work for, and it has a lot of resources. People here are great to work with. One thing I would change is the amount of hours they offer paraeducators. It is not enough to live off of and they have a hard time retaining people. I think if they worked on this, they would attract more potential employees.
Pros
People
Cons
lack of hours
Supportive and Vibrant Work Environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danville, CASeptember 1, 2016
The SRVUSD provides a supportive and vibrant work environment for its teachers and staff. There are many training opportunities available throughout the school year which creates a superior quality of teaching and education for its students.
Very encouraging workplace and supportive environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 1, 2016
This is a wonderful district to work for. I have learned excellent time management skills and my manager is highly supportive. It is a very team oriented organization. The hardest part about my job is accepting the fact that I cannot cure all of the students and I am limited with interventions being in a school setting which results in children going home rather than staying in school. My most enjoyable part is the relationships I get to form with my regular students.
Excellent work environment and excellent job opportunities!!!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 28, 2016
I really love working for the district of San Ramon. The schools are great, staff very friendly and helpful as well as students, there is opportunity for advancement too. The best company to work for!
Pros
Excellent people, flexible schedule
HS Basketball Coach
High School Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 13, 2016
Work every summer for California High School men's basketball program. About 200 hours of work over 1.5-2 months. Typical day included: Conducting high school players practice, followed by youth basketball camp in the afternoon.
Provides teacher and student support
Classroom Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAMarch 15, 2016
I work with several teachers at different times and their students and help in the classroom. This job where I am located made me feel like I was part of their family.
Srvusd
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJuly 20, 2015
Country Club Elementary School has a great work environment. The principal and staff I work with are very friendly and cooperative. I really enjoy the children I teach each day.
Great Place to work
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed working for SRVUSD. The teachers and administration were always nice.
Cooperation
LVN - Specialized Physical Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 12, 2013
Welcoming and positive atmosphere. Staff, therapists and nurses on hand work well together and cooperate to provide the optimal care for the students.
Easy going people and workplace
Warehouse / Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 4, 2013
The job allows everyone to work at their own pace. Eight hours shifts are usually pretty simple because there's no rush to finish things unless the Principal has events-user groups for the evening. People kinda just keep to themselves unless the call for the custodian to help move or clean something. Hardest part of the job is staying free of drama because if you're not looking for it, it will look for you.
Pros
great pay, weekends- holidays off
Cons
people can be fake
Just a summer job
Lead Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  danvilleMay 16, 2013
worked as admin in the summer, great people. learned alot from some f the more seasoned staff.