San Ysidro Health Center Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
I received wonderful health and dental benefits. Each day there are always opportunities to learn something new. There is not much diversity throughout the company, however it seems that efforts will be made more intentionally to do so in the future.
Productive and potential for career advancements
Eligibility Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Work environment is pleasant, tasks are always changing-which helps keep the work challenging. There is always new things to learn and do.
Pros
Short commute, flexible schedule
Friendly work place, welcomes all cultures.
Credential Clerk/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2016
Its a nice place to work, friendly and clean. The management listens to your needs and concern's. They have fun employee events for you and your family.
Nice and fun place to work at.
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CASeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work as a volunteer to complete internship felt very comfortable, current employees makes you feel welcome. Supervisor on facility was very available and helpful.
Great Company
Pre-Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2015
Working at San Ysidro Health Center has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. Good communication between managers and staff. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employee's really are there to help people with their health concerns.
Pros
Care about people. Good managment.
Cons
Compensation
Always changing
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2015
My typical day at work includes assisting patients with health care coverage, verifying health coverage, assist with enrollment into a health care plan; complete application for social security benefits, cash aid, cal fresh, assist with outstanding medical bills, advocating for the patient.
Pros
Variety and Challenging
Cons
Low pay
Valuable experienced gained here!
Patient Health Services Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMarch 13, 2015
The San Ysidro Health Center gave me my very first taste in the value of working with less fortunate people. I gained the passion of helping those with many obstacles and barriers to access good health care. This is a great company to work for.
It was just a job.
File Clerk/ Runner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2015
My day started off collecting medical charts from the Clinic's Doctors offices, then log in all charts, file charts away.I would then have to deliver charts for the patients that was coming in that day.
Very nice place to work
HIS Abstractor (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I learned about chart abstractions, get along with my co-workers, managements is great, I just enjoy every aspect of my work
Pros
I have a great shift
Cons
No cons good place to work
I wish the previouse administration were there ,who hired me at the first place, they need good administration with experience
pediatrician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Management:

the organization has very unstable personnel, changes happens constantly.

they are not willing to listen to any constructive criticisem.

if you give any constructive criticisem ,you will be exposed to harrassment till quit job. especially by the physician lead who just in service of management.

supportive staff is horrible when there is a need. happen to have 6 to 8 CHDP and just one MA.

providers are at the buttom of consern in thier system.because CMO has no previous experience whatsoever.

Hardest part of job :
to give the right care to patient.

turnover of providers is amazingly high.
excellent team leaders
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 3, 2014
enjoy to work for this company. every day there was something different to do. had the best team leaders. also mentor to new employees.
Pros
celebrate birthdays every month
Learned plenty of new chanllenges
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAMay 28, 2014
I actually did my externship here at this place i was there for a month
Pros
Learned about private Insurances
Cons
handnled film images
Totally racist
Not hired due to race (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CaliforniaMay 27, 2014
This company does not promote diversity or hiring of black people! They are extremely prejudice towards blacks! If you are black do yourself and favor and do not apply to this company. The will not hire you!
Pros
Cons
Racial Diversity
A busy medical records department that teaches precision and determination.
Medical Records Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAApril 8, 2014
Since I've recently started as a medical records volunteer after months as a HR volunteer, I've had a rocky start. It's not just answering telephones, preparing new employee orientations, or filling out employee verifications. I tend to yearn to learn everything at once. But the workers at medical records reming me that in time, I'll learn it. Have to start small they say. So far, I've learned to fill out a doctor's pending form when a patient requests to fill out their papers. As well as filling out forms to request a patient's records from a hospital. Logging them in their respective booklets. Also using their computer system to track medical records and send them to their proper destinations. What helps alleviates the pressure from starting anew, is my tendency to write down notes in my notebook. That way I'll avoid future obstacles. Sure it's a lot of paperwork, but I'm used to that kind of work. I'm always doing everything by the book, doing my best to do the work as perfect as it can be, in order to increase my efficiency. The best trait about the department, is that there is always someone there to monitor me, just to witness if I'm having any difficulties. To be honest, they havent had to correct me as much as I thought.
Clinic work
Certified Enrollment Counselor /PAR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2014
• Patient Access Representative/ Certified Enrollment Counselor (CAA)
- Adult Medicine / OB-GYN / PED’S
• Answering phones
• Verifying insurance / PCP change if needed
• Scheduling appointments
• Registering new patients / updating pt’s info
• Processing patients
• Daily provider productivity reports / hospital encounter forms
• Taking in money (patient's co pay)
• Educating Pt’s about Covered CA (Obama Care)
• Assisting Pt’s w/enrollment of Covered CA
supportive management
Patient Health Information Abstractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2013
lack of supplies, government funded facility, great co-workers, lower pay average.
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CASeptember 6, 2013
I have enjoyed working for San Ysidro healthcenter. I enjoy helping out patients on a daily basis.
Pros
Constantly learning new things.
Cons
No breaks, compensation
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  SAN DIEGO,CADecember 28, 2012
San ysidro health center is a great place to work. It is a great envirnment and you learn something diffeent everyday.
Working here is very rewarding and every day is a new day never the same mundane work habits.
Outreach Testing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2012
My work day consist of greeting our highly enlightened security guard and stating the day with a fresh pot of coffee that I rarely drink. Fresh muffins or donuts for the clients to partake in. We always have a new client coming into the drop in center with new challenges, maybe they need medication application enrollment, or just some food that we keep in the cabinets .We are a part of a larger agency We are the HIV/AIDS drop in center so our caseloads are always very intense. They could range from very ill to very healthy.. As I stated before everyday is a new day.
The management here is wonderful and always seeking new ideas and ready to apply them.
The hardest part of my job is when we have to loose a client to death beit overdose or AIDS complications.

And of course the most enjoyable part of my job is that in todays economy regardless of your educational background ...I am really blessed to have a job...
Pros
we always have pharmeceutical companies that provide presentations and delicious food.
Cons
we have to wear stockings when wearing dresses, and i do 3 jobs and paid for 1. but, as i was told that comes with the disclaimer and other duties as assigned...
Productive and fun place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAAugust 29, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the patients and make them feel comfortable.The co-workers are great its like a big family that we support one another.You never have a typical day at work beacuse you are always on the go and always learning something new.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
benefits and future advancements within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Ysidro Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

San Ysidro Health Center Reviews by Location