San Ysidro Health Center

San Ysidro Health Center Employer Reviews

excellent team leaders
Referral Specialist (Former Employee), San Ysidro, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: celebrate birthdays every month
enjoy to work for this company. every day there was something different to do. had the best team leaders. also mentor to new employees.
Learned plenty of new chanllenges
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: learned about private insurances
Cons: handnled film images
I actually did my externship here at this place i was there for a month
TOTALLY RACIST
Not hired due to race (Former Employee), San Ysidro, CaliforniaMay 27, 2014
Cons: racial diversity
This company does not promote diversity or hiring of black people! They are extremely prejudice towards blacks! If you are black do yourself and favor and do not apply to this company. The will not hire you!
A busy medical records department that teaches precision and determination.
Medical Records Volunteer (Current Employee), San Ysidro, CAApril 8, 2014
Since I've recently started as a medical records volunteer after months as a HR volunteer, I've had a rocky start. It's not just answering telephones, preparing new employee orientations, or filling out employee verifications. I tend to yearn to learn everything at once. But the workers at medical records reming me that in time, I'll learn it. Have – more... to start small they say. So far, I've learned to fill out a doctor's pending form when a patient requests to fill out their papers. As well as filling out forms to request a patient's records from a hospital. Logging them in their respective booklets. Also using their computer system to track medical records and send them to their proper destinations. What helps alleviates the pressure from starting anew, is my tendency to write down notes in my notebook. That way I'll avoid future obstacles. Sure it's a lot of paperwork, but I'm used to that kind of work. I'm always doing everything by the book, doing my best to do the work as perfect as it can be, in order to increase my efficiency. The best trait about the department, is that there is always someone there to monitor me, just to witness if I'm having any difficulties. To be honest, they havent had to correct me as much as I thought. – less
Clinic work
Certified Enrollment Counselor /PAR (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2014
• Patient Access Representative/ Certified Enrollment Counselor (CAA)
- Adult Medicine / OB-GYN / PED’S
• Answering phones
• Verifying insurance / PCP change if needed
• Scheduling appointments
• Registering new patients / updating pt’s info
• Processing patients
• Daily provider productivity reports / hospital encounter forms
• Taking in money (patient's – more... co pay)
• Educating Pt’s about Covered CA (Obama Care)
• Assisting Pt’s w/enrollment of Covered CA – less
supportive management
Patient Health Information Abstractor (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 15, 2013
lack of supplies, government funded facility, great co-workers, lower pay average.
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), San Ysidro, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: constantly learning new things.
Cons: no breaks, compensation
I have enjoyed working for San Ysidro healthcenter. I enjoy helping out patients on a daily basis.
FUN WORKPLACE
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), SAN DIEGO,CADecember 28, 2012
SAN YSIDRO HEALTH CENTER IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. IT IS A GREAT ENVIRNMENT AND YOU LEARN SOMETHING DIFFEENT EVERYDAY.
Working here is very rewarding and every day is a new day never the same mundane work habits.
Outreach Testing Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 2, 2012
Pros: we always have pharmeceutical companies that provide presentations and delicious food.
Cons: we have to wear stockings when wearing dresses, and i do 3 jobs and paid for 1. but, as i was told that comes with the disclaimer and other duties as assigned...
My work day consist of greeting our highly enlightened security guard and stating the day with a fresh pot of coffee that I rarely drink. Fresh muffins or donuts for the clients to partake in. We always have a new client coming into the drop in center with new challenges, maybe they need medication application enrollment, or just some food that we keep – more... in the cabinets .We are a part of a larger agency We are the HIV/AIDS drop in center so our caseloads are always very intense. They could range from very ill to very healthy.. As I stated before everyday is a new day.
The management here is wonderful and always seeking new ideas and ready to apply them.
The hardest part of my job is when we have to loose a client to death beit overdose or AIDS complications.

And of course the most enjoyable part of my job is that in todays economy regardless of your educational background ...I am really blessed to have a job... – less

November 14, 2012

Seriously. Reading these comments. Pharmaceutical companies go there to present their product and discoveries of medicine not to just provide FOOD. Are the benefits working here all about the food and the money wasted on food?

Productive and fun place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), San Ysidro, CAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: benefits and future advancements within the company
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the patients and make them feel comfortable.The co-workers are great its like a big family that we support one another.You never have a typical day at work beacuse you are always on the go and always learning something new.
WHAT A GREAT PLACE
Case Management Team Coordinator (Former Employee), San Ysidro, CAAugust 21, 2012
GREAT TEAM ! GREAT SERVICES ! ALWAYS FEEL LIKE HOME !
CLIENTS WERE ARE NUMBER ONE !
Alot to learn
Medical Admin/Volunteer (Former Employee), San Ysidro, CAJuly 29, 2012
Pros: interesting and knowledgable everyday
Cons: n/a
Everyday was a learning day, being in Maternal clinic or San Ysidro clinic. Staff were always willing to help out, supervisor was such an understandable person and always helping to improve. Retrieving charts from both clinics and getting them to designated offices.
WORK AND FUN WORKING WHIT PATIENTA, DOCTORS AND CO WORKER.
RECEPTIONIST PATIENT ACCESS. (Former Employee), San Ysidro, CAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: whent a work in the clinic we always have free lunch, parklook, birtha.ys
Cons: whent i work in the clinic we always have 10mint breaks and 1 hr lunch.
.- A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK.
IN THE MORNING WE START GREETING PATIENTS, HAVE ALL MEDICAL CHARTS READY IN ORDER ALPHABETICAL, HELP PATIENTS IN ALL THEY CUESTION, REGISTRATE NEW PATIENTS. IN THE AFTORNOON WE START COLLING PATIEN TO CONFIRN THERE APPOITMENTS , GET READY FOR THE NEXT DAY APPOITMENTS, DOCTOR CALCELETION , START COLLING PATIENTS FOR CANCELETIONS..
2.- – more... WHAT THAT I LEARND.
I LEARND DIFERENT DEPARTMENTS , LEARD MEDICAL RECORDS, REGISTRATE PATIENTS, RECEPTIONIST, AND MEDICAL INSURANGE, AND TO HAVE A GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR PATIENTS AND CO-WORKER.
3.-MANAGEMENT.
SAN YSIDRO HELTH CENTER AS A GREAT MANAGEMENT .
STARING WITH DOCTOR AND CO WORKER.
4.-CO WORKER.-
CO-WORKER ARE GREAT HONEST PERSONS,AWAYS WORKS AS A TEEM.
5.-
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB.
FOR ME WAS THE MEDICAL INSURANGE, HOW TO CONBIT MEDICAL, MEDICARE AND ALL THE DIFFERENTS INSURANGE.
6.-
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB.
FOR ME EVERTHING, I LEARND DIFFERENT THINGS OF THE MEDICAL FILL, WORK AS A TEEM WITH DOCTORS AND CO WORKER. – less
Great learning expewrience.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), San Ysidro CaMarch 19, 2012
Pros: great enviornment
Cons: no growth
Great learning experience for employees. Nice working enviornment.

About San Ysidro Health Center

A hot spot for tourists, the City of San Diego offers more than just warm weather and beautiful beaches. The second-largest city in – Read more