SAP Employee Reviews

SAP America's
Manager - Commercial Sales, SAP Anywhere (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 9, 2017
This is a company that I love. There are many opportunities to grow within this organization. With SAP I learned to refine and perfect my leadership skills while building a successful career. The toughest part of the SAP is the size of the organization. Being a global company with nearly 40,000 employees or more, it takes some time to learn to navigate the ecosystem.

The work place culture is quite inviting. The employees are all very friendly and look to assist in building each others careers. Once situated in SAP, the world is at your fingertips. The benefits were amazing and the work/life balance was exceptional.
Pros
All benefits
Cons
The size of the company and learning to navigate your career.
Typical Day
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 6, 2017
Great team atmosphere, office space and plenty of opportunities to make connections. As a sales office, it is relatively busy but fun. Great place work
Productive life-work balance with great corporate culture
Go-To-Market Intern for SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
SAP is fast-paced and detail driven. You must be willing to work independently because it is a virtual working culture. Depending on your location and what team you work for, there may not be much face-time with management and team members. Because of that, feedback might be delayed on completed work. However, management does a great job in constantly communicating the goals and objectives of projects in development
A typical day at work: Calls and virtual meetings with team members around the country and globe. Setting project plans and completing tasks, reports and content outlined by management.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, company culture
great learning experience
Customer Engagement Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 12, 2017
SAP provided me with 19 years of learning, working with terrific people in a friendly and professional environment in 4 different countries and many different locations.
Fast paced environment everyday
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CADecember 2, 2016
Coordinate trade shows, contacted and maintained SAP's editorial calendar.

Set-up interviews with Software Analysts and editors for future press mentions in magazines that were appropriate for our industry.

The hardest thing with this particular position was getting the group to send in their updates on what they working on in a timely manner.

The best thing about my job was everyday was different. Always something new and you had to be prepared for anything that came my way.

SAP is located in Los Altos, CA.
Pros
Free lunch card to be used for breakfast or lunch
Great, honest, friendly people to work with.
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PADecember 2, 2016
I'm looking for a workplace where the people and company values honestly, integrity, family friendliness and exhibits true morals.
SAP is a great place to work
Business Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, MENovember 16, 2016
It's a pleasure to work for SAP, you have the change to learn a lot and you have good work life balance. It's a company where you can have a career without wanted to leave, however for personal reasons I'm going to move to US, therefore I might need to leave SAP.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Maybe you travel too much
Great managmnet that sets the pace with excellent results
SAP Partner Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2016
Great management that leads with a proactive strategy that leads to great sales execution in almost all of their business units. Constantly adapting to newer customer demands and the ability to satisfy these demands with newer cloud based technologies that are typically more efficient for businesses to adapt and cheaper.
great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 25, 2016
would help visitors and employees out on the daily about questions they had about the campus, had to go to multiple office buildings for each department. Helped on side projects and would break relief the receptionists
Pros
free lunches, pink berry t-th, stocked fridge, events
Cons
non
Software Engineers get the stiff
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 24, 2016
We were bought out by SAP. It's hard not to notice that they put most of their primary investments behind Sales and to a lesser extent Marketing. Software Developers and Engineers typically take a back seat. While they may pay more across the board, they overwork the development staff. Understaff software, overstaff sales.
Great job
Ushering (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 11, 2016
The movement in this job is great. Never the same position more than twice, always something new going on, the excitement at a San Jose Sharks game is fantastic. Coworkers are honest people always willing to help out, hardest part is knowing when to ask for assistance in a difficult situation with an unruly guest. Best part of the job is the hockey games for most of the year.
Pros
Discounted food when working
Cons
Getting stuck outside during any event
Good
Developer (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 5, 2016
job Work/Life Balance IS GOOD
Compensation/Benefits IS GOOD
Job Security/Advancement IS GOOD
Management IS GOOD
Job Culture IS GOOD
Good
Intern (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 24, 2016
Great company to work for. If only head count is there, I would continue working here as Full time EE. I love the work culture and the challenging atmosphere.
Work requirements far exceeded those that you were hired for.
Certified HR/PR Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 10, 2016
This was really a great job, however travel exceeded my expectations. I traveled by air, more that 100,000 air miles each year and it became awful after 911. I learned a lot from this company regarding adult education, in which we taught classes to 26+ adults each week, both at the home office and customer locations. We were required to teach more classes than the job requirements called for and that was unfortunate. The company also had a preference of hiring German instructors.
Pros
management was teriffic.
Cons
travel and the amount of classes you were required to learn and teach
Is a blessing to work at SAP.
Senior Certified Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2016
You have all of the knowledge that there is right at your fingertips.

Management will always support you on achieving your goals and for you to become a better resource each and everyday.

Working at SAP is like flying in your dream.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Pay, Good Work Environment, Well Respected Company by clients and Partners.
Cons
Not a single one.
Steady Work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  palo altoAugust 22, 2016
There is always work, but not always good support to get all work done and done well. Not possible to get fired, but could be downsized at a whim. Flex hours don't truly exist, which is silly in the advanced tech world.
Good PTO and bonus programs
Great teamwork
Freelance Writer/ Editor and Journalist (Former Employee) –  NYCAugust 12, 2016
Great co-workers; love to wordsmith. Hardest part of job was dealing with highly technical collateral written by developers. But I managed!
Pros
Able to work when I wanted.
Cons
No bennies as a freelancer.
Fun place to work
Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2016
Great co-workers.
Small Company with great management.
Always a fun to place to work.
Learned to deal with clients from all over the world.
A great place if you are looking for longevity
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 10, 2016
If you are looking to find a nice cushy place to work for a long time, SAP is it. Management is long tenured, opportunity for advancement is fairly difficult. A great environment if you want the corporate feel with some of the start-up perks.
Every day had to be a productive day or deadlines wouldn't be met.
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2016
Heavy workloads, days seemed to fly by.

SAP is a very large, professional corporation. I learned so much it's hard to pin down.

My Team Lead, Manager, Director, etc. were located in Downers Grove, IL. I worked on my own, but could always make contact with someone when questions/situations arose.

Co-workers were great! However, everyone worked so hard there was rarely time to talk with them.

Hardest part - the amount of work

Enjoyable part - Working with the sales people I supported, working with customers, problem-solving.
Pros
Excellent benefits!!!
Cons
Too much work. Ate lunch at my desk everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAP. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3