The Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization with a mission to support the advancement of Asian scientists and engineers in education and employment so that they can achieve their full career potential. In addition to their professional development, the SASE also encourages members to contribute to the enhancement of the communities in which they live.
Website & Database Manager (WDM) reports to and serves as the primary assistant to the SASE Executive Director (ED) for IT, website & the intranet. The manager will be responsible developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The website content manager will also be responsible for crafting site promotions and online campaigns. For the database portion, the manager will maintain, create tables and reports to support the organizational intranet.
WDM will work closely with technical, organizational development, and marketing committees of our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing, outreach campaigns and database management. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and exceptional communication skills since the team members are remote. The position is currently part-time and may be expanded to full time in the future. The compensation is $25/hr. There are no extra benefits currently with this position. Estimated work should average 20 hours per week, but will vary as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage website/technology initiatives approved by SASE Board or directed by ED.
- Create, develop, edit, and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software- Joomla)
- Coordinate web projects across the organization
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Working with a various stakeholders, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Copyedit and proofread all web content
- Oversee freelancers, including volunteer writers, copyeditors and community outreach organizers
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Maintain, update & create reports on intranet to support membership and user’s needs
- Be an active member on the IT technical team
- Work closely with SASE volunteers from the various corporate volunteer committees.
- Work out of the home of the WDM or in a shared-office location, depending on where the WDM is located and what options may be available.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the ED
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ yrs experience in a CMS system
- 2+ yrs experience with a database system
- Advanced knowledge of HTML
- Demonstrated execution skills developing strategies and action plans.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field or degree in computer science/IS/IT engineering with strong writing skills
- Experienced in Joomla!
- Experienced in MySQL
- Experienced in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator (or other vector graphs)
- Proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Globally minded with experience working well across different countries and cultures.
- Understand and have work experience with non-profit organization laws and regulations in the US.
- Foreign language capability.
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
You can find out more information on our organization at saseconnect.org.