SET is a visual creative agency with innovative ideas and a passion for execution. Specializing in experiences and environments, we believe the best ideas actually translate into actions. We help retail brands and agencies connect with customers by creating thoughtful ideas and making them happen.
Job Description – Accountant – Columbus, Ohio
The Construction Accountant will be responsible for all phases of the accounting process for the SET Construction team. Tasks will range from budgeting and estimating all the way to invoicing, billing and financial reporting. The Accountant will be responsible for all project accounting and will be relied upon to recommend changes and improvements in the accounting policies and processes. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, can quickly change priorities, and are a problem solver, then this job may be for you!
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project accounting, financial reporting and report creation in Netsuite
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Creation of project estimates
- Ensure proper billing and correct classification of revenue and expenses
- Tracking and invoicing additional services performed
- Monitor cash balances and needs
- Review vendor invoices
- Prepare journal entries
- Recommend changes and/or improvements in accounting policies and processes
- Support management through other accounting and administrative tasks
Employee must be able to thrive in high-pressure environments due to a high volume of work, tight timelines, and our dedication to client satisfaction. Candidates must be able to work on projects in a team environment and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Must be a quick learner and able to work in an unstructured work environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicant must be familiar with Mac, be proficient in Microsoft office, specifically with Excel. Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration you must submit your resume detailing the skills and requirements listed above and a cover letter stating:
- Why you?
- Why SET?
- Salary requirement