Looking for a Multi-Family Resident Manager
The successful candidate needs to be a creative sales person who is motivated and willing to think outside the box. The Resident Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the standards and priorities of the property are upheld at all times.
We value and reward solid job skills, innovative thought processes, good judgment, decision making skills, flexibility, follow-through, and can-do attitude. We offer competitive compensation, performance based bonuses, excellent benefits, and career growth opportunities. EOE -- All offers of employment are subject to Drug and Background Screenings.
BASIC SCOPE AND FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Manages all operations of the property to ensure the property is operating in an efficient manner under direction of the Assistant Regional Manager.
- Operates the property within the financial guidelines (the budget), established by the Regional Manager and Owner.
- Conducts daily physical inspections of the property.
- Directs supervision of maintenance, grounds and housekeeping personnel through maintenance supervisor.
- Directs supervision of the office staff through Assistant resident Manager (if applicable).
- Responsible for thorough knowledge and implementation of all policies and procedures, leasing techniques and sales methods of the company.
- Ensures knowledge, implementation, training, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of the company with all property employees (with assistance from assistant manager and maintenance supervisor).
- Ensures all work performed on property follows the safety procedures in the Safety Program and is within the standards set by OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act).
- Conducts final interviews and hires all property employees under the direction of Regional Manager.
- Ensures professional appearance and positive attitude at all times for self and all property employees.
- Ensures all rents are collected, timely bank deposits are made and legal filings are completed.
- Ensures property is leased at an acceptable capacity through supervision of office and leasing staff.
- Ensures that all resident requests or complaints are responded to in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Responds to all emergency or non-emergency situations that occur on property over a 24 hour period.
- Prepares and completes all reports required by the company.
- Performs additional essential functions from time to time as requested by Regional Manager.
- Treats all employees and residents in a courteous manner at all times.
- Implements, designs, and maintains a resident retention program (Newsletter, resident referral program, or social activities).
- Constantly supervises and reviews all property employees to ensure all policies and procedures of the company are being followed.
- Ensures sales techniques and leasing methods are utilized efficiently and professionally by office and leasing staff.
- Conducts daily staff meetings and bi-weekly safety meetings.
- Reports any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding residents or the property to the Regional Manager.
- Seeks educational and self-improvement opportunities for personal growth and development within this position.
- Performs additional functions from time to time as requested by the Regional Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience within the apartment industry
- Experience in budgeting, revenue enhancement and expense control
- Strong marketing background with outside the box thinking!
- Yardi experience preferred
- Strong track record of successful personnel management-including hiring, training and staff development
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- General knowledge of residential/property management laws/guidelines (Tenant/Landlord Acts, evictions, credit checks, non-payment procedures)
- Ability to problem-solve and decision-make
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills-written and verbal
- Possesses good organizational skills