This position is responsible to the Clinical Therapy Services Manager or Senior Therapist. Must manage caseload and functions of assigned therapy settings, ensuring effective delivery of clinical practices and compliance with ethical and best practices, administrative (scheduling, meeting attendance, documentation) and clinical policies and procedures. Assess clinical needs based on customer feedback (e.g., physicians, parents, clients, teachers) and develop programs to meet the needs. Assists therapy staff in the implementation of therapy goals, speech therapy techniques and strategies.
- Ability to manage multiple products in timely manner
- Exude professional and diplomacy skills in all arenas.
- Quality assurance for all documentation including but not limited to program book setup, program book maintenance, therapy treatment notes, data analysis, and reports.
- Attend client PPT/IEP and other identified meetings per parent and/or school requests
- Ensure that all staff follow operations and procedure policies as outlined
- Research existing and new assistive Technology developed, review relevant literature and computer programs. Prepare materials in alternative format.
- Understand curriculum standards, NCLB, and inclusion models for successful integration and assistive technology implementation.
- Adapt and create materials for students with learning disabilities, autism, and other needs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the IEP process, legal mandates as it relates to service delivery, educational law, and rights of clients.
- Provide 1:1 and small group direct treatment sessions to clients: home, center, and community based
- Conduct evaluations and assessments formal and informal.
- Accurately report data and standardized scores.
- Provide clearly written evaluation and assessment reports with 90% final draft approval.
- Conduct evidenced based treatment including ABA, speech-language, Orton Gillingham, social skills, etc.
- Provide written evaluation reports to families
- Supervise and train therapy staff in implementation of language based ABA model.
- Conduct staff in- service and trainings
- Conduct parent trainings and in-service
- Seek solutions to support clients and families in reaching independence in the area of literacy, communication, behavior, sensory development, daily living, social communication
- Ensure documentation of client care is complete and accurate in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensure that staff completes proper documentation in order to appropriately process, bill and collect payments for client services.
- Model therapy techniques and behavior programs for families and school personnel
- Collaborate with the Office Administration staff to accurately enter CPT and ICD medical coding associated with treatment goals and treatment sessions conducted.
Education: MA in Speech Pathology. CCC or CF. Must have licensure relevant to the fields described above.
Experience: +2 years clinical experience.