POSITION: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Manage all aspects of Human Resource operations at facility level, consistent with corporate goals and policies; and maintain compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Follow SMG Human Resources policies to ensure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources. Maintain compliance with state regulations concerning employment.
- Serve as liaison with SMG Corporate Human Resources Department.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; and representing the organization at hearings.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Serve as facility’s EEO Officer and ensures compliance of the program.
- Administer various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Train managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review and employee relations issues.
- Advise management of the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Advise SMG Corporate of EEOC complaints and other employee relations issues.
- Administer performance review and salary administration program.
- Conduct new hire employee orientation.
- Administration of Human Resources functions in ADP system; input of salary data and related information as it pertains to HR issues.
- Investigate and make recommendations for resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manage part-time recruiter to ensure open positions are posted and filled in a timely manner and in accordance with EEO/AAP.
- Work with vendor to manage the random drug testing process.
- Develop effective recruiting strategies to fill open positions.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws; extensive knowledge of human resource issues; extensive knowledge of handling employee relation issues; degree in Human Resources Management and/or PHR/SPHR preferred. PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university. Minimum of four (4) years human resource generalist experience; exposure to human resource functions using ADP system.
Skills/Aptitudes: Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff, excellent communication skills, ability to work alone and as part of a team. Strong problem solving skills. Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors, and visitors to the facility.
Working Conditions: Not substantially exposed to adverse weather conditions; standard office setting normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with additional hours as needed.
Indeed - 11 months ago