ABOUT THE COMPANY - THE SOLID WOOD CABINET COMPANY - (SWCC)
Based in Levittown, PA, SWCC is an established multi-state importer and distributor of quality kitchens at closeout prices, with a multi-million dollar inventory that enables SWCC to provide fully assembled kitchen delivery within two weeks from ordering. Our cabinets are made from solid wood doors and drawers and SWCC offers free kitchen designs provided by our expert team of design consultants.
Our Levittown facility boasts a state-of-the-art showroom and 160,000 square feet of warehouse space where we have over 100,000 cabinets in stock. In addition to our Levittown, PA facility, we have 11 showrooms throughout PA and NJ with several new showrooms opening in the tri-state area in 2013. SWCC is expanding and is positioned for serious and dramatic growth in 2013 and beyond.
Our mission of high quality all the way around, includes not only our raw materials and finished products, but goes on to embrace our management, administrative, design, sales, construction and warehouse teams.
If you desire growth, challenge, excitement and competitive compensation along with an employee and customer centric culture, consider your options. If you have always been considered the best at what you do, we are looking for you!!
ABOUT THE JOB - PART-TIME HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
The primary responsibility of the Human Resource Generalist is strategic development and hands-on management of the Human Resource operations of the company. The Human Resource Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs and its’ office on a daily basis. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Departmental Development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), Employee Relations, Benefits, Compensation, Organizational Development and Employment.
The HR Generalist will work closely with the company CEO and other Department Managers to enhance all aspects of human capital at SWCC. Part-time - 20-25 hours a week, expected to go full-time within the next 6-12 months.
****Ability to speak and understand Spanish esstential!!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
2. Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook, policies and procedures manual.
3. Initiates and prepares commission and hourly payroll.
4. Administers Health Plans and 401K.
5. Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
6. Interacts daily with outside agencies; Unemployment Department, Local and State personnel inquiries, Workers Compensation, COBRA, 401K administrators, Department of Labor and OSHA.
7. Performs onboarding orientation for new employees and processes paperwork.
8. Enters and maintains Human Resource Information System component of NetSuite and compiles reports from database.
9. Coordinates recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, & temporary employees; works closely with external recruiting firm; develops & monitors an effective Succession Plan.
10. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
11. Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing Enters and maintains Human Resource Information System component of NetSuite and compiles reports from database.
12. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
13. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
14. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
15. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position. Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is a must!
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. A bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
2. A master' degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field, OR
3. Seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, OR
4. Any similar combination of education and experience.
5. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred. SPHR a plus!