POSITION: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations & Event Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Salaried Employee
This position directly supervises and coordinates the operations of the venue’s set-up & housekeeping operations, technical services and facility maintenance program. An ideal candidate will possess previous experience in event facility operations with a background in technical or trade work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Supervises, schedules and directly participates in all aspects of venue operations, including facility engineering (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing), technical services (A/V, connectivity, PBX, networking), event set-up, public safety; security and custodial services.
- Supervises and Directs the facility’s changeover and custodial staff (The Go-To-Crew)
- Performs routine maintenance and repair tasks throughout the facility.
- Oversees maintenance of the mechanical systems.
- Serves as the general technical expert for the building
- Along with the Director of Operations, serves as a liaison with maintenance service contractors
- Coordinates the operations activities with other building departments and contractors.
- Oversees and assists with the installation of event related A/V equipment
- Assures facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
- Helps to develop and implement facility rules, policies and procedures.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to other departments.
- Ensures that operations department receives pertinent information for most effective use of the facility and staffing.
- Assists with the creation of RFP and RFQ documents
- Responsible for the administration of facility maintenance software
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Projects
- Assist with special projects such as construction, remodeling or major repair. Works with outside vendor/contractors to assure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
- Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
- Orders and monitors operations consumable supply inventory
- Oversees OSHA/WISHA compliance and building safety program
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
- All other job duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Directly supervise the facility changeover and custodial staff (Go-To-Crew)
- Hires, trains and schedules part-time changeover staff.
- Monitor payroll and vacation for Go-To-Crew Staff
- Completes annual performance appraisals
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for Go-To-Crew.
- Directly supervises changeovers as needed
- Attend internal meetings in support of facility operations as needed
- Bachelors degree from an accredited technical college or university in industry related discipline preferred
- 2-3 years of industry experience in event facility operations or similar industry
- Previous experience with audio/visual equipment, PBX systems, connectivity and computer network administration
- Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Previous work experience in a trade profession preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to frequently work extended, often-irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as required by the events.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
SKILLS & ATTIRBUTES:
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Superior aptitude for problem solving
- Professional appearance, presentation and work ethic
- Flexible and creative
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and information
- Ability to work independently with varying levels of direction
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. MS Office Suite)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders & stairs
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms
- Must be able to work for long shifts
- Ability to lift 30lbs. unassisted
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long hours and walk the facility regularly
- Valid CPR/AED-First Aid certification required within first 6 months of employment
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
* NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
Cover Letters and Resumes may be sent to:
Lynnwood Convention Center
3711 196th Street SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard