Business Development Manager
SMK Associates LLC is currently searching for independent Business Development Managers in Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington D.C. and Texas. The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing long-term, integrated, energy services contracts and will lead the pursuit of new business opportunities by establishing strong relationships with clients in the commercial market space.
- Develop thorough knowledge of energy industry, structure, trends, and issues to ensure full discovery and understanding of customer's primary business objectives and requirements.
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate full scope of solutions and services to meet customer energy savings requirements.
- Identify potential customers and develop relationships with key decision makers in the client organization in order to assess opportunities with the company and to secure new projects opportunities, sales volume, and market share.
- Provide high quality service to our clients.
- Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Manage and participate in proposal preparation, pricing and presentations to customers.
- Lead negotiations with clients.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Must serve as a close liaison with other members throughout the entire sales process.
- Assess competitor strengths, weaknesses and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 3+ years of outside sales experience.
- BA or BS.
- Ability to navigate and interact comfortably with facilities managers/directors but also with V and C level potential clients.
- Skilled at developing and executing account management plans to establish long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact high-level decision makers in large commercial businesses and to cultivate client relationships.
- Ability to work independently with remote management
- Able to evaluate a given market, target most likely potential customers, create a market appropriate engagement method, execute on the engagement method, and ultimately close business with new customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Comfort with or preferably experience in energy efficiency for commercial facilities.
- Excellent organization, Time Management, and Professional Appearance
Indeed - 15 months ago
SMK Associates core mission is to consult, advise and coach businesses by assisting in the development of strategies and opportunities...