Summary: SMP Communications is looking for a proactive candidate with good problem solving skills and a sense of urgency and accuracy. Should have analytical experience and a strong understanding of statistical mathematics. Extensive MS-Excel experience a must. Rational database design knowledge helpful. Experience in the casino gaming business, especially in operations, finance or marketing, strongly preferred.
- Provides analytical support for various clients.
- Works with all marketing departments to ensure monthly deadlines are met with the reporting and record keeping necessary to assess the programs.
- Continually evaluates and monitors client marketing programs to ensure that goals are achieved.
- Quarterly and Monthly Reviews: prepares monthly excel reports and trend analysis.
- Gathers and analyzes data to provide management with meaningful reports.
- Develops, maintains and enhances spreadsheets and reports.
- Reviews report data to ensure accuracy,
- Uploads reports to company website for sharing with clients.
- Performs analysis on gaming, food, hotel and beverage operations in addition to other ad hoc analysis.
- Communicates clearly: orally and through written analysis, charts & graphs.
- Assists in design and preparation of presentations.
- Prepares historical performance analysis and appropriate summaries.
- Assists with gathering information and performing analyses of ongoing property operations for timely presentation to management.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Prepares marketing financial analysis inclusive of: promotions, special events, player development and new business programs on a timely basis.
- Reports to, and takes direction from, VP of Data as well as from the Lead Analyst
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to work at a fast pace while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Experienced in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Economics and minimum of two years prior experience in Planning and Analysis, Finance, or Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.