SMRC is looking for an Electronic Files Specialist to work at the US Attorney's Office in Brooklyn, New York.
Electronic Files Specialist candidates must have previous experience as a Document Management Analyst II/legal assistant or law clerk and a minimum of one year of automated litigation support experience in a United States Attorney’s Office, be able to pass a standard credit check, and obtain a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance.
This position pays $27.62/hour, plus the Health & Welfare benefit of $3.81/hour.
United States Attorney Office
271 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
HOURS OF OPERATION
40 hour work week, except Federal holidays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides programing for the DMS unit with Microsoft.net framework and common programming language such as Visual Basic and C+.
- Experience with installation and support of Window Server 2003 and configuring MS Web Server and MS .Net framework.
- Has a working knowledge of a variety of software programs, database programs and computer languages including HTML, XML, Active Server Pages, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Office, suite, WordPerfect, Windows XP, Oracle databases 9 and 10.
- Using established procedures, manipulates and presents data in various formats.
- Creates user documentation for applications developed.
- The individual must be able to lift and move equipment and/or boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer information systems with course work in Database Management and previous experience providing end user support in a technical/legal field is required for this position.
- Organizes and processes documents using working knowledge of a variety of software packages including Windows XP, MS-Office, Adobe suite, IPRO, Concordance and anti-virus applications such as Trend Micro Scan, Norton Anti-virus and Symantec.
- Organizes, codes, preps and scans discovery materials.
- Previous experience as a Document Management Analyst II/legal assistant or law clerk and a minimum of one year of automated litigation support experience in a United States Attorney’s Office is required for this position.
- Requires at least one year of experience with the applications actually being supported.
- Knowledge of DOS and/or other file manipulation applications extremely helpful.
- Experience in automated litigation support extremely helpful.
- Knowledge of Government’s IT environment, including office automation networks, PC and server based applications very helpful.
- Technical certification valued.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint) is required.
- Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner. Works and interacts professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.