SMS Assist has a unique opportunity for experienced retail store managers who have an extensive background in facilities maintenance to join our elite team of Project Managers. These positions will serve as the main point of contact between the store managers and the vendors who are providing the services. All positions are based out of our call center in the John Hancock Building.
We are seeking dedicated, detail-oriented Project Managers to join our team. SMS Assist, headquartered in downtown Chicago, Illinois, is the fastest growing web-based outsourcer and manager of high-frequency facilities maintenance services required by large multi-location retail chains, restaurant chains, bank outlets, and food service suppliers. As Project Manager you will provide the client relations and service management necessary for us to fulfill our vision of being the leading, most technologically advanced provider in the developed world of multi-location facilities maintenance services.
As a Project Manager at SMS you will...
- Assist in the overall operation and performance of the account, which includes but is not limited to: client interaction, operations, staffing, supervision, training and development, expense control and ensuring adherence to company set guidelines and policies.
- Primarily focus on the success of the account: client communication and maintaining a VIP level of customer service while helping to direct all aspects of the facilities maintenance contract with the vendor.
- Lead effective implementation of all store roll outs to achieve maximum operational direction.
- Effectively communicate with the store manager and vendors on a daily basis and working with the team to achieve monthly and weekly goals.
- Understand the special requirements of the facilities maintenance industry including insurance compliance, creating transparency for the customer and vendor, constant communication and follow through with directives.
As a Project Manager you must have the interpersonal, organizational, and management skills necessary to see that we provide the best possible interior and external facilities maintenance services.
Specific requirements for the Project Manager include:
- 3-5 years of experience as a retail store manager (preferably in the Chicagoland area)
- Undergraduate degree
- Previous customer service experience, a plus
- Experience in a trade, a plus
- Professional, relevant examples of solving tough customer issues
- Proficient in Microsoft products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Proficient use of databases
- Ability to negotiate
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Strong written and oral communication skills
SMS Assist is the leading provider of facilities maintenance services across the nation. While our cutting-edge technology is unmatched in the industry, we recognize that our success depends upon the vision, creativity and passion of our employees. We aim to be the employer of choice talented individuals, which is why we offer our employees a great career path paired with competitive compensation and first-class benefits package.
Specific benefits for our employees include:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flex spending plans
- Prescription drug program
- Free fitness center membership