Sovran Inc., technology solutions provider for business, is seeking a results-driven sales consultant to join our award-winning sales team and accelerate sales to small-to-medium business (SMB) customers. You will take an active role in achieving our next level of success as we expand our presence throughout the Upper Midwest.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION:
The sales consultant acquires and maintains business relationships with revenue producing customers. At minimum, this individual must attain a GP of $20,000 - $29,999 per month in the sales of technology solutions, in order to ensure the profitability of the company and its business goals. In addition, the sales consultant is required to achieve monthly quota assignments by developing and executing strategic sales plan here at Sovran. The sales consultant is responsible for generating revenue and increasing margins for technology infrastructure services, which may include migrations and collaborative computing solutions, network planning, asset management, computer maintenance, network management, remote services, etc.
Acquire new business opportunities related to selling managed solutions to new customers (60%)
Pre-sales, customer presentations, proposal writing, pricing, and contract negotiation. Develops sales leads, calls on prospective customers (in-person and via phone). Presents / provides information about company products and services. Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for new orders. Researches technology in preparation for acquiring new business.
Manages current accounts (30%)
Follows up with customers through personal visits, phone calls, letters, etc. Works closely with
other Sovran employees to ensure that all other service and product opportunities are pursued. Also works closely with the Managed Services business unit to propose and price managed
service solutions for new and existing customers as well as to plan for the implementation of
those services. Collects overdue accounts and conducts account reviews with customers.
Administrative tasks (10%)
Completes various administrative reports on expenses, special projects and sales forecasting in a timely manner; updates the customer contact database.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Note: the following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability needed to adequately perform the job. They are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities or associated efforts. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree from a four-year college or university or a solid understanding of account strategies and value selling. You must have strong sales experience with proven ability to sell intangible service offerings and close new business.
- Knowledge of network configurations
- Knowledge of margins and industry selling prices
- NT, Novell, UNIX basics
- General selling principles including relationship selling
- General business principles in applying technology solutions
- Basic understanding of PC software
- Able to manage multiple processes and tasks
- Personal computer skills such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including oral, written communication and effective presentations
- Good listening skills
- Able to define and evaluate customer needs and devise solutions
- Proven ability to deal professionally with customers, associates and upper management.
Established in 1987, Sovran has grown to be the technology solutions provider of choice among a growing number of small-to-medium size businesses throughout the Upper Midwest. Sovran was named one of the top 25 women-owned businesses by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal in 2010. Our strong reputation attracts talented professionals who enjoy working in a progressive environment that also supports a healthy work-life balance. Our team continually works to achieve the highest certification levels for leading-edge performance. Sovran is recognized by its vendor partners as a top-level technology provider to business customers throughout its service area.